• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kamiya Teases Bayonetta 2 News This Week, Inaba Says You Were Trolled

Maybe he's trying to pull an Iwata. Force a game to get made by "announcing" it. Too bad there isn't a willing Sakurai at every company.

ShockingAlberto said:
It would be weird if this was the only rumor off that list thus far that is provably false.
Eh, not appearing in magazines this week doesn't rule it out from debuting at TGS, I suppose.

Kamiya attempting to out troll Yoshinori Ono it seems...
Leona Lewis said:
Maybe he's trying to pull an Iwata. Force a game to get made by "announcing" it. Too bad there isn't a willing Sakurai at every company.
That was amazing. Sakurai making a game he didn't even know existed.

Emitan

Leona Lewis said:
Maybe he's trying to pull an Iwata. Force a game to get made by "announcing" it.
Considering it's sales, couldn't Kamiya just get Bayo 2 greenlight really easily?

ShockingAlberto said:
It would be weird if this was the only rumor off that list thus far that is provably false.
And by weird you mean terrible because it's the only thing on that list I really wanted (unless I'm forgetting something).

TreIII

badcrumble said:
Eh, not appearing in magazines this week doesn't rule it out from debuting at TGS, I suppose.

Pretty much. A bit disappointing, but everything else from this week's ish was SO GOOD...I ain't even mad.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Kamiya Teases Bayonetta 2 News This Week, Inaba Says You Were Trolled

kamiya9kmq.jpg

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
ShockingAlberto said:
He could also be pulling a far-less dickish Randy Pitchford and is just in "deny, deny, deny" mode until it's revealed.

I think it's bad journalism of you to hypothesize about this!!!!!

ShockingAlberto said:
He could also be pulling a far-less dickish Randy Pitchford and is just in "deny, deny, deny" mode until it's revealed.
I think an apt comparison would be to David Jaffe's dozens of tweets basically saying "yeah, Twisted Metal PS3 is happening" followed by his abrupt denials that said game was in production after Sony told him to knock it off.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I refuse to believe Inaba. The original rumor supposedly came from a magazine editor(?), Kamiya said "... in a magazine*," it all fit together until Inaba decided to ruin the fun.

* What are the chances of Kamiya's tweet being a reference to the original leak, as in: It exists only in said editor's imagination? lol.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
badcrumble said:
I think an apt comparison would be to David Jaffe's dozens of tweets basically saying "yeah, Twisted Metal PS3 is happening" followed by his abrupt denials that said game was in production after Sony told him to knock it off.
I think the issue here is that Sega is really the one who has been going "Yeah, Bayonetta 2 is totally happening."

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Nirolak said:
I think the issue here is that Sega is really the one who has been going "Yeah, Bayonetta 2 is totally happening."
Uh oh, Bayo 2 to be internally developed by Sega, while Kamyia continues to work on Rising, confirmed.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Billychu said:
Oh great. Because Bayo needs even longer cutscenes
are you saying you don't want to stare at sarah palin ass?

because if you are, then you can just log right the fuck off, mister.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Finaika said:
If its not Bayonetta 2, I hope its a new Shinobi by Kamiya!

Doubt it he says he has no interest in making a new entry in the franchise

.....:(

XLant

Neo Member
ezekial45 said:
Best action game this generation!
RLTTP, just started recently and as far as Chapter 2, but so far I'm inclined to agree; game's been a blast to play and incomparable to most. Definitely not something for the easily embarrassed though...they really weren't holding back on the sexuality here, but at least they clearly weren't taking it too seriously.

edit: ....a new Shinobi with this engine would be incredible.

Emitan

XLant said:
RLTTP, just started recently and as far as Chapter 2, but so far I'm inclined to agree; game's been a blast to play and incomparable to most. Definitely not something for the easily embarrassed though...they really weren't holding back on the sexuality here, but at least they clearly weren't taking it too seriously.

edit: ....a new Shinobi with this engine would be incredible.
I played through it for the first time last week. Join the club

vid

Real or not, Kamiya is going to have to work miracles in order to top the greatest moments in Bayonetta. I know that everyone loves to hate this level, but I was left with my jaw on the floor in absolutely glee at
"Welcome to my Fantasy Zone!"
and I don't know if that feeling will ever be topped.

...besides, we already
PUNCHED GOD INTO THE SUN

thebaroness said:
Only if it's Jeanne!

Yes, please.

randomkid

Said this before, but I think Bayonetta 2 is happening cuz Kamiya has been posting developer commentary videos for the entire game over the last few months. Why give so much promotion for no reason?

Also Nick Rox keeps linking to those videos, I can't remember if he's at Platinum or Sega, but either way, just another hint.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
randomkid said:
Said this before, but I think Bayonetta 2 is happening cuz Kamiya has been posting developer commentary videos for the entire game over the last few months. Why give so much promotion for no reason?

Also Nick Rox keeps linking to those videos, I can't remember if he's at Platinum or Sega, but either way, just another hint.

The Kamiya commentaries are from like a year ago

PG has just begun the service of subbing them in english for us westerners.

Himself

FlashbladeGAF said:
Bayonetta is probably in Anarchy Reigns

This seems like the most reasonable possibility now that you mention it.

Is there a similar clamoring for a sequel after every Kamiya game is released?

The man is still obviously at the top of his game, and I'd love to see him invest his talent in another new IP. We don't have that many talented people completely committed to new IPs in this biz.

Bayonetta will be tough to top in the realm of a sequel.

Of course, Day 1 whatever the eff it ends up being.

Riposte

I'm just going to say starting a thread based around a Kamiya tweet is a bad idea. I think we all learned a valuable lesson.

Top Bottom