• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kamiya Teases Bayonetta 2 News This Week, Inaba Says You Were Trolled

Nirolak said:
Since people wanted a literal translation I put it in the title.

Game Informer should be Thurdsay, while Famitsu should leak tonight.

My guess would be Famitsu, but perhaps Sega managed to pull off a miracle and get a Japanese game featured in Game Informer.
thx.

but is the game popular at all in Japan, if not, Famitsu doesn't make sense.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I would most certainly purchase a Bayonetta 2. I don't desire it quite as much as a Vanquish 2, but I'll take what I can get.

quit dicking around on twitter and get to work, kamiya

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Wait...wait....

wait...

is this just a cocktease? Or are we actually getting bayo 2? :O!?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Nirolak said:
What day it is also depends on where you live though. :p

Well, in Japan it is released on Thursday... but yeah, in America it is still Wednesdy :p

TreIII

Corky said:
Wait...wait....

wait...

is this just a cocktease? Or are we actually getting bayo 2? :O!?

Well, keep one thing in mind.

It may very well serve as a "follow-up" to Bayonetta in some way. But Kamiya himself has stated that he'd be up to doing something else with the world setting. Such as maybe a "prequel" that takes things back to the Umbra v Lumen War (in the "new" timeline perhaps? :lol) or maybe something with Jeanne/Cutie J (who's actually his fave character).

Whatever he may opt to do, it's STILL gotta end up being better than what else we've been offered as of late. :lol

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Praise the looooooooooord!

Praise him! And yeah I agree with you, whatever we'll get it will most likely be a better prospect than the "other stuff"

Emitan

Gravijah said:
I expect it to bomb and the series to end and platinum to go under. But at least it will be amazing.
I don't know why Sega keeps publishing their games but as long as Kamiya keeps slipping whatever he's putting in the Sega CEO's drinks, we'll have Platinum forever.

Frankfurt

Banned
a) Make the god-awful cutscenes easier to skip (just press a button, no need to pause, select "skip", select "yes")

b) Don't make cutscenes that lead into other cutscenes

c) Don't punish people that skip cutscenes

___ c1) Don't push me into frozen, non-practice loading screens when I skip a cutscene
___ c2) Don't put Instant-Death QTEs right after cutscenes*

d) Make sure to space the cutscenes better (no more cutscene into 2 minute fight into cutscene into another cutscene, please)

K thx bye.

--------

* Only noticed it at my second playthrough, and it's hilarious how the game doesn't consider something so simple - people may not want to (always) watch your terrible cutscenes

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
Billychu said:
I wish I wasn't so tired of shooters I can't play another one because I still haven't tried Vanquish :(

Think of it less like another shooter and more like a religious experience.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Billychu said:
I don't know why Sega keeps publishing their games but as long as Kamiya keeps slipping whatever he's putting in the Sega CEO's drinks, we'll have Platinum forever.
Their newest deal with Platinum is only one game (Anarchy Reigns) instead of three games, and they expect that one to sell around a million copies.

I suspect that after that bombs, they'll only publish Bayonetta titles, assuming the series' sales don't tank.

They've already dropped the Nudemaker games and a fair share of the Vanquish team left to Tango, so I'm curious what the other half of the company will do.

Emitan

Nirolak said:
Their newest deal with Platinum is only one game (Anarchy Reigns) instead of three games, and they expect that one to sell around a million copies.

I suspect that after that bombs, they'll only publish Bayonetta titles, assuming the series' sales don't tank.

They've already dropped the Nudemaker games and a fair share of the Vanquish team left to Tango, so I'm curious what the other half of the company will do.
Only one game? For some reason I thought it was three. And their last contract was four games (I'm assuming you forgot about Infinite Space).

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Billychu said:
Only one game? For some reason I thought it was three. And their last contract was four games (I'm assuming you forgot about Infinite Space).
Oh sorry, I counted that one a bit different since it was developed by a different company and only had oversight by Platinum.

But here's the quote.

VG247 said:
Which brings us to Anarchy Reigns, the next tile from Platinum. While its previous games was under a previous publishing deal under Sega, Anarchy Reigns, says Hayes, is a “standalone deal.” Its releasing the game in January next year, which is normally a relatively quiet period, which may have been part of the reason why Bayonetta did well when it released 18 months ago.
Source: http://www.vg247.com/2011/08/15/sonic-boom-segas-hayes-on-the-future-and-more/

Himself

I love Bayonetta and would love a sequel. Kamiya can do no wrong in my eyes.

But there's another side of me that doesn't want a Bayonetta 2. After watching the "Hideki Kamiya Revealed" interview on YouTube (I really recommend you watch it if you haven't already), I kind of hope it's another new IP. He talks about how it's frustrating that so many people only buy sequels because they feel safe knowing what they're in for, and that he's rather be surprising people with something new every time. I hope he has genuine (not financial, or corporate pressure) reasons for really wanting to do a Bayonetta instead of a new IP.

Gravijah said:
"meh, i would rather platinum do a new ip rather than work on bayonetta 2"

that was you.

Platinum works on new IPs with each release

I can understand your "meh" a little better if you were wanting Kamiya to direct a new IP

Frankfurt said:
a) Make the god-awful cutscenes easier to skip (just press a button, no need to pause, select "skip", select "yes")

c) ......

a) They're not god-awful k thx bai
b) RT/R2 + Back/Select is your friend, insta-skip

Corto said:
What if Bayonetta 2 is one of this week Famitsu Vita reveals? *runs to hide*

I would preorder that bitch NOW.

Frankfurt said:

...I'm not saying its you, and I'm not faulting anyone who didnt realize this, but I guess I'm just getting old when I hear people complain about something like this. Doesn't anyone experiment with pressing buttons anymore. Does every game have to spell it out for you.

Loved discovering the shadow dodge(correct name escapes me) in No More Heroes that allows you to slow down time and deal lightning fast combos on unsuspecting enemies or half the time/attack/melee combinations in Vanquish. So much fun trying new things.

But I thought the unspoken rule, when trying to skip a cutscene quickly, was to press every button on the controller until you found the correct combination.

Frankfurt said:

But thats the best time to punish someone who doesn't want to take the time to experience something you spent years creating.

But if you're playing the game a second time, you should see all this stuff coming. Getting hit once isn't a big deal unless your trying to unlock a secret ending for not getting hit in the game. And even if you do get hit, just reload the save, if you care that much.

Duffyside

Banned
Frankfurt said:

___ c1) Don't push me into frozen, non-practice loading screens when I skip a cutscene
___ c2) Don't put Instant-Death QTEs right after cutscenes*

d) Make sure to space the cutscenes better (no more cutscene into 2 minute fight into cutscene into another cutscene, please)

K thx bye.

--------

* Only noticed it at my second playthrough, and it's hilarious how the game doesn't consider something so simple - people may not want to (always) watch your terrible cutscenes
BLECK. What a terrible suggestion. The last thing I want is to accidentally skip a cutscene if I mistakenly brush a button or drop the controller or my cat jumps on me or WHATEVER. Pressing start, selecting skip, and confirming should be the INDUSTRY STANDARD.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
FlashbladeGAF said:
...I'm not saying its you, and I'm not faulting anyone who didnt realize this, but I guess I'm just getting old when I hear people complain about something like this. Doesn't anyone experiment with pressing buttons anymore. Does every game have to spell it out for you.

Pressing R2 and Select simultaneously isn't exactly intuitive and most games use a single button press to skip things.

duffyside said:
BLECK. What a terrible suggestion. The last thing I want is to accidentally skip a cutscene if I mistakenly brush a button or drop the controller or my cat jumps on me or WHATEVER. Pressing start, selecting skip, and confirming should be the INDUSTRY STANDARD.

I can't handle the amount of wrong in this post. All cutscenes should be INSTANTLY skippable so I can get back to playing the game. They should also be rewatchable in a menu or something, I don't know, to solve your edge case of being attacked by a cat or fumbling with your controller like a buffoon.

I guess in the context of a game like Uncharted I can see things your way. But in Bayonetta, the faster you can skip the cutscenes the better.

TreIII

hey_it's_that_dog said:
Pressing R2 and Select simultaneously isn't exactly intuitive and most games use a single button press to skip things.

It's intuitive enough. I agree with the notion that I wouldn't want to skip something by accident and then the game launches me head-on into something when I wasn't ready.

Himself said:
But there's another side of me that doesn't want a Bayonetta 2. After watching the "Hideki Kamiya Revealed" interview on YouTube (I really recommend you watch it if you haven't already), I kind of hope it's another new IP. He talks about how it's frustrating that so many people only buy sequels because they feel safe knowing what they're in for, and that he's rather be surprising people with something new every time. I hope he has genuine (not financial, or corporate pressure) reasons for really wanting to do a Bayonetta instead of a new IP.

While true, he's also gone on record on saying that he has no problem with doing sequels (and moreover, wouldn't mind seeing some of that "sequel" money).

Besides, I'd like to think that there's a part of him that does wish that he had the chance to make a sequel to a game he started (DMC, VJ or Okami) on his time and terms. He may finally have that chance with Bayo. And if the whole idea of "going at from a different viewpoint" really comes to mind, then he may still get his chance to do something different within the Bayonetta structure anyway...

Top Bottom