• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kamiya Teases Bayonetta 2 News This Week, Inaba Says You Were Trolled

Emitan

hey_it's_that_dog said:
Dodge offset is when you start a combo, dodge, and then continue the combo. If you're doing the combo punch punch kick, you can press punch, press punch and hold, dodge, then release punch and press kick, and it will finish your combo after the dodge. People love it but it's not really a necessary skill on normal difficulty. I guess it always rewards you in points, though.
Oh cool, thanks.

Anteater

AgentChris said:
I hope the PS3 version is great this time since it's going to sell more on it.

It's probably going to be fine, they updated the engine to run well on both systems since vanquish, and I think Kamiya tweeted "Leave it to us!" when someone said/asked if his next game will run better on the ps3.

Kreed

Great news. Hopefully they are given a bigger budget with the sequel so we won't have any "slide shows" this time.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
TreIII said:
Sure, it wasn't required for Normal, but I think that was part of the charm. By the time you got to the higher difficulties/challenges (much less started playing with the other characters), you were EXPECTED to know what you were doing with it and integrate it into your overall gameplay strategy.

I mean, if you were able to, say, start playing with
King Zero
and actually get decently far in the game without relying on Dodge Offset? Big ups to you, because I couldn't very well see living long without an adequate means to control the crowds and not die
in two hits
! :lol

I'm gonna be honest. I never even unlocked Jeanne. Or King Zero. Or practiced using dodge offset. When I go back to the game, I will work on it.

Also there better fucking be a Bayonetta 2.

Curufinwe

TreIII said:
Sure, it wasn't required for Normal, but I think that was part of the charm. By the time you got to the higher difficulties/challenges (much less started playing with the other characters), you were EXPECTED to know what you were doing with it and integrate it into your overall gameplay strategy.

Using Shuraba and Beast Offset helps a lot with fighting Joys on higher difficulties.

P - hold K - double tap RT - run around in panther form till you get an opening - P to unleash the wicked weave.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
TreIII said:
Well, if the OTHER part of that TGS rumor does play out (Bayonetta CG movie???), I'd like to think that as a sign that Sega is willing to put a bit more bank behind Bayonetta. Not too much to hopefully put pressure on the brand, but enough so that it can just do more to flourish.

Woo, sounds like this is going to be a great Tokyo Game Show, SEGA should put more in the bank, P+ deserves it. Wonder if it will be a hybrid disc for the next release, like Tekken TT2.

ezekial45

Banned
kayos90 said:
As much as I love the ridiculousness of Bayonetta, I'd much rather it be a game than a movie.

What?

EDIT: Oh, i think you mean about the TGS rumor. It said both a game sequel AND a movie.

Duffyside

Banned
Curufinwe said:
Using Shuraba and Beast Offset helps a lot with fighting Joys on higher difficulties.

P - hold K - double tap RT - run around in panther form till you get an opening - P to unleash the wicked weave.
Man, I wish all this combat stuff had been in the |OT|. As much as I smiled the first time I saw "An Action Game by Hideki Kamiya. That is all you need to know" it actually wasn't all I needed to know, and I think the game and GAF would have benefited from there being an in-depth |OT| explaining its depth.

Gravijah

All I need:

Evolution of Bayonetta gameplay
Music on par with Bayonetta or better
with more OutRun remixes
An equally over the top story

TreIII

Keiician said:
If it's about Bayo 2, don't rape the PS3 version this time, please.

*see below*

Anteater said:
It's probably going to be fine, they updated the engine to run well on both systems since vanquish, and I think Kamiya tweeted "Leave it to us!" when someone said/asked if his next game will run better on the ps3.

ezekial45 said:
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE BE TRUE!

I adored pretty much everything about the game. Best action game this generation!

PLEASE.

OH mY GOD PLEAASE! Bayonetta is my favourite game this gen! I love it and i played the PS3 version :D

Come on famitsu, leak some stuff!

Emitan

damn that's nice said:
she looks gross...
Don't argue with him on this. His mind is made up.

_dementia said:
I'm skeptical of co-op in character action games.
That part in the credits where you fight next to her is cool. For the three seconds it took me to beat that fight :(

the chris

2th said:
would love this but Kamiya has said he has no interest since Okamiden was made :(
irVFl.png

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I can't get my hopes for this. The hurt it would cause when it turns out to be false is just too much.

damn that's nice

Billychu said:
Don't argue with him on this. His mind is made up.

That part in the credits where you fight next to her is cool. For the three seconds it took me to beat that fight :(
bayonetta 2 coop please please please

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Since people wanted a literal translation I put it in the title.

Game Informer should be Thurdsay, while Famitsu should leak tonight.

My guess would be Famitsu, but perhaps Sega managed to pull off a miracle and get a Japanese game featured in Game Informer.

duffyside said:
Does anyone know what Bayonetta says while fighting? One of the phrases sounds like "FUCK OFF!"

She says a lot of things but I think you mean "Flock off!" :p But I've always wondered what Jeanne says when she gets on the bike while fighting her in the plane.

I always hear: "BE OF NO FEAR!"

Edit: Oops, wrong quote.

LiK

Nirolak said:

My guess would be Famitsu, but perhaps Sega managed to pull off a miracle and get a Japanese game featured in Game Informer.
I hope you're right

MjFrancis

I would rather Platinum Games lift the game mechanics from Bayonetta and drop a whole new aesthetic on their next title. I beat the shit out of Bayonetta four times and I never warmed up to Bayonetta herself. I hated the cutscenes so much that I never watched any past Chapter XII - on any playthrough. It was an awesome experience, but now I'm ready for something new. Kill the IP and expand on the concepts.

That said, I'd still buy and likely enjoy the hell out of a Bayonetta sequel.

Risk Breaker said:
She says a lot of things but I think you mean "Flock off!" :p
I'm sure that's it, she does say it in that one cutscene before the first boss (Fortitudo?).

It's a throwback to a similar cutscene in the first Devil May Cry, too. Dante's delivery is cornier though.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Nirolak said:

Famitsu, technically, is out on Thursday, but we usually have leaks one day before.
So, it will be announced on Famitsu

Top Bottom