• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West & Jay-Z present: Watch The Throne

Status
Not open for further replies.

yencid

ZARq1.png

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ashhong said:
New LA date added to the tour...just as I suspected. I'm still too broke to go though :(
Yeah, I feel crazy bad about not being able to go :(

My bro got some tickets, but probably just enough for him and his friends.

One day I'll see Kanye live before I die. In the mean time ima just patiently wait here for the N****s in Paris video.

Oozer3993

AwesomeLiftOffFanArt.jpg -> Right Click -> Set Background As.

That art is seriously awesome.

enzo_gt said:
Yeah, I feel crazy bad about not being able to go :(

My bro got some tickets, but probably just enough for him and his friends.

One day I'll see Kanye live before I die. In the mean time ima just patiently wait here for the N****s in Paris video.

I feel your pain. I'm still debating going to the Detroit show the Saturday after Thanksgiving. But I don't want to have to drive three hours back home to Cleveland afterward. Damn it Jay and Ye. Why couldn't you just come to Cleveland? Cudi's from here! You could bring him out as a guest!

The song featuring otis is one of the oddest one from both artist. I usually expect crazy beats and some good catchy song this one is good till he say love love but when he says long lines in the back it all goes crazy and the songs becomes just blend. I have not heard other songs yet on radio yet. Also I have to clarify before anyone gets angry, I am noob in music. I do not have cd collection or such I hear what I hear on radio while driving. I do enjoy kanye and jay-z music most of the time however. Not this time yet.

PSGames

Just found out I won Tickets through my job for the Atlanta show tonight! It's in a suite and all with open bar and food! Can't wait!

The S-Word said:
Show was great, no guests, did almost every song from WTT and alooooot of songs...but Jay really ate up the scenery 2 1/2 hr show
Did Kanye do songs from all his albums? Even 808? I really like the cd, but live autotune always makes me cringe... anyway, can't wait for the show on the 22nd!

The S-Word said:
He only did Heartless from that album, they did a loooot of songs though, hope youre a Jay fan lol
Well I was going more for Kanye since I already saw Jay-Z live, but that's cool.

For the love of god, did they do the Diamond remix?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
kinda disappointing there were no guest appearances, I would hope in TO they could get some, but it is Jay and Ye after all, so I should be thankful for what I'm getting.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Red_Man said:
kinda disappointing there were no guest appearances, I would hope in TO they could get some, but it is Jay and Ye after all, so I should be thankful for what I'm getting.
I guess Ye won their "fight" over guest appearances.

TripOpt55

I am going to the show in Atlantic City next month. My buddy got me a ticket for my birthday! I have seen Jay-Z live before, but not Kanye. Should be cool.

Ashhong

Not that I'm aware of.

So was the show like your standard rap concert or was it like Glow in the Dark where its more of a musical with a story type of thing going on?

Ashhong said:
Not that I'm aware of.

So was the show like your standard rap concert or was it like Glow in the Dark where its more of a musical with a story type of thing going on?
I went to glow in the dark and it wasnt really the same except the production value. They were kind of going head to head in a way, alternating song vs song

Ashhong

The S-Word said:
I went to glow in the dark and it wasnt really the same except the production value. They were kind of going head to head in a way, alternating song vs song

Ah, I guess it wouldnt really fit since its Jay Z, but I really want to see another Glow in the Dark type show. So amazing.

Ashhong

Hm....that kind of rap concert does nothing for me. I'm glad I didn't spend my money honestly. Give me another GitD or Fame Kills tour Kanye.

Swag

Have Jay Z / Kanye Discography on constant rotation in preparation for concert on Thursday.

mybodyisready.jpg

hoos30

IT'S NOT A SKIRT, IT'S A KILT!!! :D

For those who have been to the shows so far, did they start anywhere near on time? I'm going to the DC show tomorrow night. Last time I saw Jay Z, the show started 2 hours late and the whole audience seemed to know it but me.

Swag

hoos30 said:

For those who have been to the shows so far, did they start anywhere near on time? I'm going to the DC show tomorrow night. Last time I saw Jay Z, the show started 2 hours late and the whole audience seemed to know it but me.
I'LL BE THERE

Kamille

hoos30 said:

The Greensboro show was 2 hours late. Some of the audience was getting noticeably pissed about it, but all was forgiven once the lights went down and the music hit.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
JackEtc said:
Has this been posted yet? Haven't really kept up with this thread.

Rz6LN.jpg

Pretty interesting.
Uh.. that's a pretty obscure reference that's pulled out of nowhere. Where is that from?

Also Ye is getting his Doctor Doom look on, making that Latverian Castle music. I approve.

JackEtc

enzo_gt said:
Uh.. that's a pretty obscure reference that's pulled out of nowhere. Where is that from?
Saw it retweeted on Twitter. I'm not 100% sure it's true, but it does makes sense if you think about it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom