• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West & Jay-Z present: Watch The Throne

Status
Not open for further replies.

GatorBait

Holy fucking shit I hate you. How much did those cost?
$220.

It was my fifth concert of the year and it blew away the other four combined (and to put that comment in context, I had floor seats, VIP, or private suite tickets for those other four concerts). I typically don't get "star struck" when meeting or being around celebrities, but being that close to Jay and Kanye...man, they seemed larger than life...like some sort of hip hop superheroes that only existed fables until I saw them that close with my own two eyes.

Aw :(
I wish this wasn't staged :( Same thing happened at the Toronto show
I have been taking a look over a lot of youtube videos of the different concerts. It seems like most of the comments and little idiosyncrasies are consistent from show to show. I imagine it all became pretty tightly choreographed as the tour went on - though I'm sure there was still some ad-libbing, depending on the venue. The consistency of the show just proves what great entertainers they are. They made me believe a lot of what they did and said was unique to my show because there was no hint of boredom or repetition from Kanye or Jay. If I didn't know better, I would not have believed they had done nearly the exact same show a couple dozen times already because both artists performed with such hype and hunger that it seemed like their first.

haha, this was quietly my favorite part of the show.
Definitely an awesome "set" within the greater whole of the concert. Funny thing is, I was so caught up in the moment, that I had no idea 99 Problems was going to come after Golddigger even though it was probably painfully obvious. That song was the perfect retort to Kanye's Golddigger "problems." Got so hype when the first few chords of the beat hit.

The way they grouped the setlist made the whole of it so much greater than all its pieces. The way songs were grouped/segmented (yet still perfectly flowed into each other) made it feel like it was 5-6 distinct concerts in one.

Oozer3993

Guys, I hope you're sitting down:

Jay-Z said:
It depends on how this thing finishes up. We — I say ‘we’ because I’m in Throne mode — we’re in a great place creatively. You might see a Jay, then Kanye and a Throne album next year. You know, we’re really in a great place creatively. We really found our zone.

Since Kanye and Jay are still finishing up dates on their Watch the Throne tour, and Kanye has the GOOD Music album and a sixth studio album due for release next year, a second Throne album seems unlikely. Then again, the pair could surprise us…

2012 could be a great year for Kanye and Jay-Z fans.

I'm calling it now: Grammy voters feel terrible about MBDTF snub and nominate the G.O.O.D. Music album, his 6th solo album, and the second Throne album for Album of the Year. Up against Taylor and a token rock album.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
What the hell at the video. Disappointing.

Also whats with the new mix during the chorus?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The mix is pretty bad, it sounds cheap. I don't like the video, they could've done without the Kaleidoscope effects being so heavily present everywhere. Disappointing. This shit should've had a million dollars thrown in Hype Williams direction.

*still awaits GIF overload*

At least we get a good That Shit Cray GIF out of it all.

I liked it but all those flashing lights hurt my eyes/head.

Also was Kanye wearing a skirt? lol
Kilt.

overcast

tumblr_lz4yxpP2rl1r3bteso1_500.gif

Lhexh

Didn't a lot of older kings wear kilts? "Watch the throne?" Not like it was leopard skinny jeans, Or green Uggs.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I loved the video, but mostly because it just reminded me of how amazing the concert was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom