• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West Splits From Jay Z's Tidal (Tidal To Sue Kanye For Breach Of Contract)

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
jay put yeezy on & tolerated a great deal of his fuckery post WTT

and id prolly have bailed on that wedding too so ionno

Doesnt seem like they have been in much contact post WTT anyway, Jay/Bey distancing themselves from Ye/Kim.
There arent many reasons to skip a friends wedding...thats if you consider the person a true friend.

Jay put Kanye on, true - and Ye has repaid him back like 10x of that over the last years, for him to let it get this far with the Tidal BS is a bad look.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
People thought it was just music, but Jay was going at Ye on College Dropout.

"Fuck you kanye first and foremost ... for making me do this shit.... muhfucka"

🔥

Kusagari

This is probably the smartest thing Ye has done in years.

HOV doesn't and never has given a single fuck about him outside of finding ways to make money.

Jay been a Snake....Damon Dash knows.
I know that Damon Dash fired some of Jay's people without consent and I know that Dame Dash burned bridges with his attitude (but his attitude was integral towards the Roc's success), I know that Dame had bad money habits and I know that Dame was the only Rocafella exec accused of thieving from people not Jay and Biggs (even from the people who were currently beefing with Jay), and I know that acting as though Dame Dash was some righteous martry is absolutely ridiculous when the Rocafella conflict was a two way street.

Though of course it's always easy to paint Jay as the villain.
"Fuck Jay-Z"

-Personal Proverb
ftfy

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Hey this a rap battle I can get with. Hopefully it produces some incredible diss tracks between these two egomaniacs.

This is probably the smartest thing Ye has done in years.

HOV doesn't and never has given a single fuck about him outside of finding ways to make money.
The relationship has always been more skewed towards Kanye's side, who's seemed desperate to force himself into Jay's highest circle of friends, but to act as though the relationship wasn't ever more than that is absurd, its hard to juggle a volatile person like Kanye.
People act like Jay hadn't stood up for Kanyes behavior in the media many times.
See, this is why Jay Z ain't shit

Teenager level lyrics
Nothing about anyone being anything.
Doesnt seem like they have been in much contact post WTT anyway, Jay/Bey distancing themselves from Ye/Kim.
There arent many reasons to skip a friends wedding...thats if you consider the person a true friend.

Jay put Kanye on, true - and Ye has repaid him back like 10x of that over the last years, for him to let it get this far with the Tidal BS is a bad look.
They both helped each other out till this day, anyone acting as though one didn't need the other or minimising one's role is being a fool on either side.

Kanye West - Big Brother

damn, seems so sad now hearing this again
Public Service announcement:
Jay Z was the person who introduced Kanye to Coldplay, he literally handed them the phone, and is still close friend with Chris Martin to this day.
That Big Brother line is nonsense.

Oh and Jay gave Kanye tickets to MSG, four tickets but Kanye wanted two more and they wanted him to pay for those two which is what he mentioned on the song.

Ye is unbelievable talent that made Jay and his company alot of money, he was always going to be a star with or without Jay.

IMO it was the other way round
In my opinion it's absurd to try and claim anyone would have been anything without any semblance of a certain thing.
That's as silly as saying "Jay would have been Jay regardless of had he linked up with Dame Dash" or "Dame would have been Dame without linking up with Jay and Biggs" and every variation of that.

Kanye being on The Roc is one if the reasons he's where he is today, period, and it was just as beneficial to him as Kanye was to Jay in the post-retirement era.

effzee

Without knowing more going to side with Jay here.

Kanye been off the reservation for years now. Dude needs help and is constantly telling people they owe him money, respect, or a career in fashion.

I do feel that Jay Z (and Beyonce) have been using Kanye for years, particularly exploiting him to further the success of Tidal....so this is long overdue.
Jayz loaned Kanye 20 million dollars for his fashion adventures , what do you mean "exploit Kanye"? Kanyes been living off the fat of the land.

Without knowing more going to side with Jay here.

Kanye been off the reservation for years now. Dude needs help and is constantly telling people they owe him money, respect, or a career in fashion.
How can anyone side with Kanye by default after the "HOW SWAY!!!!! " interview. He's been on some megalomaniac nut shit and I say that as a fan.

oneils

What exclusivity does tidal have? I thought I'd been listening to life of Pablo on Spotify. But maybe not, can't really remember.

Very childish of him, he's a grown man and if he has issues with his so called friend, he should have just talked to him about it. Shame Solange didn't pull his nose out of his face when he cheated.
It wasn't much of a diss, it was more of a confession on a confession track.
But yes, still ill advised.

Kebiinu

Banned
Fuck Kanye, tbh. Homeboy fell hard, and his fanbase is an absolute mess at this point. Was the butt of so many jokes for so long, on Black Twitter. Hope he gets the help he needs, cause he needs help.

As far as this Tidal mess is concerned, I was never a fan of the service to begin with. And I'm tired of the exclusivity on streaming apps, let a nigga listen to art, gahdamnit.

Boke1879

Who cares. They both benefited from each other.

And at this point neither one of them need each other. Anyone stanning for either one of them needs to take a seat.

Imm0rt4l

Sounds like Jay is in the wrong. Easy to side with Jay, because Kanye is on some perpetual fuckshit. But given what we know, Kanye should get that bonus. I'm sure there's a lot more behind the scenes, but ima just say I'm looking forward to Kanye next album now and I'm not really a fan of his last 2 outings.

Bronx-Man

Banned
See, now I'm wondering what TLOP would've been like if he didn't do all that Tidal crap with it. Probably would've taken a lot less time to go platinum.

See, now I'm wondering what TLOP would've been like if he didn't do all that Tidal crap with it. Probably would've taken a lot less time to go platinum.

Well, maybe. But that tidal crap wasn't because of tidal itself in anyway, that was just Kanye obviously in the midst of a mental breakdown. People assumed in a ground breaking manner we were witnessing the creative process.

Also why the insults on 444 were a bit harsh because he's criticising the incident where Kanye had a breakdown and then went to and got medical care.

But overall, its kinda impossible to say who is in the wrong. Ye might be the one being difficult. Maybe Jay could just let Kanye go from Tidal, doesn't seem like he'd lose too much, but Jay is known to be obsessed with making profits.

luchadork

jay's always been a bit parasitic with his relationships. not really a surprise to anyone thats been following him for a while to see kanye fall into the same situation as a lot of others. dame/beens/cam/pretty much anyone in rocafella early on.

jay passed on kanye early on only to suddenly become his bff after kanye blew up. its so obvious he was just jumping on the hottest artist in the game who had an infatuation with him.

breakfuss

jay's always been a bit parasitic with his relationships. not really a surprise to anyone thats been following him for a while to see kanye fall into the same situation as a lot of others. dame/beens/cam/pretty much anyone in rocafella early on.

jay passed on kanye early on only to suddenly become his bff after kanye blew up. its so obvious he was just jumping on the hottest artist in the game who had an infatuation with him.

Nah I think it's always been a symbiotic type of thing. They both equally benefited. And tons of people passed on Kanye. Can't say I really blame them for initially not seeing that potential, he's grown tremendously from his earlier work.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Jay Z has never liked Kanye and has always used him. Good for Kanye finally coming to his senses, he was never your friend.

Top Bottom