• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West Splits From Jay Z's Tidal (Tidal To Sue Kanye For Breach Of Contract)

jay's always been a bit parasitic with his relationships. not really a surprise to anyone thats been following him for a while to see kanye fall into the same situation as a lot of others. dame/beens/cam/pretty much anyone in rocafella early on.

jay passed on kanye early on only to suddenly become his bff after kanye blew up. its so obvious he was just jumping on the hottest artist in the game who had an infatuation with him.
Jay didn't pass on Kanye early, he didn't believe in Kanye as a rapper, just as a Just Blaze type and neither did Dame, Dame just wanted to sign Kanye as a rapper to keep the beats in house, it was Biggs who put more weight behind Kanye.
It was Through The Wire that changed the perspective if I remember correctly.
And what do you mean suddenly becoming BFF's?
Kanye was on his label and clearly desperate to be friends with Jay Z, should they have not partnered togetherand why isn't it believable that they couldn't have developed a relationship?

And the bolded as always a myth and will always remain a myth.

Jay Z's only friends are Ty Ty and Emory, I love Ye but he should've known.
Nope.
He has other people from his pre-rap days that he's still close friends with (like Chaka Pilgrim who's the president of Roc Nation) and other long friends in the business including people he had signed.
Kanye doesn't fit the general profile of Jay's close friends though, that's true (from the outside looking in).

Crazyorloco

Love jay-z but I'm on Kanye on this one. Give him the damn money he deserves. Tidal probably doesn't have the funds to really support an artist like Kanye.

Damn 12.99 a month...

Kanye you don't need jay-z anymore.

Nope.
He has other people from his pre-rap days that he's still close friends with (like Chaka Pilgrim who's the president of Roc Nation) and other long friends in the business including people he had signed.
Kanye doesn't fit the general profile of Jay's close friends though, that's true (from the outside looking in).

Dont forget his homie Memphis bleek!

"Bleek could be one hit away his whole career/As long as I'm alive he's a millionaire”

oh wait

Dont forget his homie Memphis bleek!

"Bleek could be one hit away his whole career/As long as I'm alive he's a millionaire”

oh wait
Memphis Bleek is still a millionaire and still close with Jay (Bleek never liked that line though).
Jay still has him doing general stuff and recently helped him start his own label.

Soapbox Killer

Grand Nagus
They way Kanye West has acted over the last 5 years or so leads me never to believe anything he says. As a fan of Hip Hop, this is no good for me.  I'd hope that some really good music is born from this but I don't think it will be. Kayne is what, 40 years old and Jay pushing 50?

We Lost.

Lot of weird people in this thread who don't know anything yet want to talk shit. I'm a big Kanye fan but he fucked up. You can't say Jay never cared about Kanye when he loaned Kanye 20mil to pursue his passion. Or when Jay's people bailed Kayne out of various bad situations, some of which were life threatening (i.e. Beans saving his ass from being robbed).

Not to mention the weird tidal hate. Funny how ownership is only a problem when a black man exerts it.

Kanye hasn't said or done anything over the last few years to deserve the benefit of the doubt on this or anything. He's mentally unstable. And now he's allegedly broke, which casts this lawsuit in an entirely different light.

They way Kanye West has acted over the last 5 years or so leads me never to believe anything he says. As a fan of Hip Hop, this is no good for me.  I'd hope that some really good music is born from this but I don't think it will be. Kayne is what, 40 years old and Jay pushing 50?

We Lost.

4:44 is fantastic tho. Its Kanye who you should be skeptical of for wasting good Kid Cudi hooks and great beats on bleached asshole bars.

a myth? can you elaborate on how his beefs with dame/cam/beans/ye/amil/jazo didnt happen?
I want you to explain how he leeched off of Amil when she officially wasn't showing up to recording sessions and video shoots amongst other things which lead to him dropping her, not to mention she said she has no ill towards and admitted that she was interested in rapping any more.
Also how could anyone leech off of Amil of all people?

I want to explain how he leeched off of Jaz, when Jay refused to get a deal behind Jaz's back when they went to London.
How did he leech off of Jaz when he let Jaz wear his chains and when he got Jaz out of some 5%er cult bullshit in ATL and put Jaz up in his condo.
When he requested Jaz to program the beat to aint no nigga when he didn't have to and have him a feature spot and continued to shout Jaz out, not to mention giving Jaz that massive feature on Vol.2 and giving his new group a feature for free (Jaz got angry that Jay missed a video shoot for it).

Jaz wasnt out dealing drugs with Jay, Jaz wasnt involved in building Rocafella, Jay had something, Jaz had nothing.

Jay was the one who offered Jaz and Sauce Money deals that they both refused (allegedly because they didn't trust Dame), Jaz because he thought he deserved more (the only difference between Jay's and Jaz's story on that is that Jaz claims they offered him less money than they say).

Jay and Sauce Money, a childhood friend of Jay's stayed close, did Jay leech off of him by giving him multiple features, by introducing Sauce Money to Diddy and reccomending him to write the Biggie tribute track rather than himself which gave Sauce his only Grammy and endless royalties?
By continuing to perform with him in the 00s and staying friends and by being concerned about Sauces weight gain?

Nah, Sauce Money just didn't get salty while Jaz was bitter about Jay's success hence why he's all alone and why Sauce hates Jaz and considers him a piece of shit till this day.
Oh but I've seen plenty of ignorant people incorrectly state that Jay snaked Sauce like "he did Jaz", not because of any rumors, but just because he isn't out there and because it fits into the narrative they've bought into.

And Beans?
Jay picked him off of the streets and paid his bail and lawyer fees time and time again, Beans officially admits that Jay didn't screw him over with business.
Jay and Bey were in court for Beans, Beans wanted Jay to vouch for him to the judge so that Beans would be free, Jay wouldn't do that, and thus beef.
Why wouldn't he do that? Because just a few years later he wrote to a judge to get his longtime friend Emory out of jail early by guaranteeing that he wouldn't mess up and that he would have guaranteed employment.

Cam'ron?
Leech?
They had mutual beef, that's it nothing more nothing less.

And I already wrote about Damon in this thread.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
They should have a rap battle against one another as the undercard of the Mayweather Vs McGregor fight.

Imm0rt4l

We Lost.
I feel similarly. Hard to take this at face value.

Soapbox Killer

Grand Nagus
Does all this streaming beef mean Tower Records might reopen? I could use some overpriced Dragon Ball Z VHS TAPES and Mario T-Shirts

I would have left too. Would have bought Pablo if there was a physical copy. Fuck all this streaming shit, I'll bootleg before I pay for an MP3. Physical copy or nah.

LionPride

Banned
I would have left too. Would have bought Pablo if there was a physical copy. Fuck all this streaming shit, I'll bootleg before I pay for an MP3. Physical copy or nah.
We live in a world where you can freely stream music from various VARIOUS avenues. Did I mention the free part?

Jay aint hurt Bleek career with that line, he was cheeks before that.
But all in all..I hope Ye do something after this Breakup and doesnt just fade to black.

Does anyone here use Tidal?
Me, but only because I was just getting into streaming services after it dropped.
I tried Spotify, it, and now I want to try Google Play, so I can see which app fits me best (I don't use apple anything so its not an option).
I preferred Spotify's desktop to Tidals, but preffered to use the Tidal mobile app, but I don't really use Desktop so that's whatever.

Epcott

jay's always been a bit parasitic with his relationships. not really a surprise to anyone thats been following him for a while to see kanye fall into the same situation as a lot of others. dame/beens/cam/pretty much anyone in rocafella early on.

jay passed on kanye early on only to suddenly become his bff after kanye blew up. its so obvious he was just jumping on the hottest artist in the game who had an infatuation with him.

Actually, it was before he really blew up, he was still producing for Roc for years (quite a few Diplomat tracks), it wasn't until We Are The Champions that Jay heard his lyrical skill. Why would he be allowed his own album before he proved himself as an artist instead of simply a producer?

I feel that half the people in this thread with unreasonable comments like "Jays a snake... Dame Dash knows" or that he backstabs everyone really don't do the research behind these things.

I hope Kanye gets his money, but the dude has always been out there, since he made comments about Bush on the telethon. It's not like he wont find another deal or Apple will never negotiate with him again, all it takes is another album from him. Those two ran their course anyways. It's been what, 17 or 18 years now? *shrug*

Oh Jay Z's new album disses Kanye does it, I wonder why they would mention that. Certainly this isn't just some marketing scam to push sales.

VeeP

Yall forgetting Apple offered Ye 100mil. He joined tidal to support his friends

People gonna say fuck Kanye because of Trump, etc. Or that Jay Z gave him 20 million that's enough. There not gonna talk about the chance of Tidal actually not paying him, even tho the hype alone of Pablo brought in subs.

We live in a world where you can freely stream music from various VARIOUS avenues. Did I mention the free part?

Free depending on the amount of adat you have to use on a monthly basis. Also I'd rather not have to use the AUX cable in my car to listen to music when it degrades audio quality. Streaming is not the answer to everything. I like physical media, and I'll pay a premium for it when I have the option, but I refuse to pay for something digital (except for Play ANywhere games, and yes, I would still rather have the physical LE).

LionPride

Banned
Free depending on the amount of adat you have to use on a monthly basis. Also I'd rather not have to use the AUX cable in my car to listen to music when it degrades audio quality. Streaming is not the answer to everything. I like physical media, and I'll pay a premium for it when I have the option, but I refuse to pay for something digital (except for Play ANywhere games, and yes, I would still rather have the physical LE).
Physical games too???

Jesus

Lot of weird people in this thread who don't know anything yet want to talk shit. I'm a big Kanye fan but he fucked up. You can't say Jay never cared about Kanye when he loaned Kanye 20mil to pursue his passion. Or when Jay's people bailed Kayne out of various bad situations, some of which were life threatening (i.e. Beans saving his ass from being robbed).

Not to mention the weird tidal hate. Funny how ownership is only a problem when a black man exerts it.

Kanye hasn't said or done anything over the last few years to deserve the benefit of the doubt on this or anything. He's mentally unstable. And now he's allegedly broke, which casts this lawsuit in an entirely different light.

Facts on on top of facts, dont do em like that.

HiiiLife

People gonna say fuck Kanye because of Trump, etc. Or that Jay Z gave him 20 million that's enough. There not gonna talk about the chance of Tidal actually not paying him, even tho the hype alone of Pablo brought in subs.

Kanye got more classics too

DOWN

Banned
This all started when Kanye said him and Jay-Z's kids have never played together right? Like Kanye publicized the rift and Jay-Z spilled why it happened on 4:44?

Soapbox Killer

Grand Nagus
literally every Kanye album is a classic, and his only album less than great is Graduation.

What timeline is this where Yeezus is classic? 808, not for me but sure I get it however, calling it a classic? Like 5 Mics classic? ( Yeah I know but as reference )

Life of Pablo would be a god danmed drink coaster if it was ever pressed to disc.

I'm not saying this to rile up the fans but being as objective as a hip hop fan can be, no way.

Nah but fr tho. Lol. Somewhat trolling but I personally enjoyed his trilogy, 808s and MBDTF more than the same 3 classics people say Jay have.

I understand. I disagree but I understand

Top Bottom