• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West's new album appears to be done

Status
Not open for further replies.

overcast

Can't fucking wait.

If we get Kendrick and Kanye in a year, OT/Gaf-Hop will eat themselves. Not sure Drake or Kendrick drop like somebody said though.

ohlawd

Ye, I fucking love you breh but when are you gonna make an album as good as College Dropout or Late Registration?

cdyhybrid

Yeezus is arbitrary music

WxbdU0N.gif

LR dropped on 2005. Been almost a decade since that goodness.

come on Ye, I know you can do it. Just one more album that good again and I won't ask for anymore. Can keep doing that art shit afterward for all I care.

I'd put Graduation with those two as well.

solarus

Hopefully it's not rushed like Yeezus was.

Before people go off on me, I'm a big Ye fan. However, if you read interviews about Yeezus, they were scrapping whole material and re-doing entire songs 2 weeks before it was done. Ye didn't even finish writing and recording some of his lines until days before the deadline and it was turned in. If you love the album, that's great. But at least to me, I feel it's one of the more under-polished things he's done (which isn't really fitting of Ye, since he puts a lot of time and effort into most of his work). I feel it suffers because of it. Although maybe for some, this is what they find great about it. *shrugs*
From the GQ interview
Were you mad when Rick Rubin came out and said that you did half the vocals on Yeezus in two hours before hopping on a plane?
Yeah! Because yeah, I rapped them. But I worked on them for like eight months! And the thing is, I had to finish the verses in order for the album to come out, and it's game time. I didn't freestyle those verses. That shit was worked and processed and Disneyfied and everything. By the way, those lines are super scary and serious, and everything that I'm saying on Yeezus is super politically direct, so I think that it's funny that you said that, because I think he needs to clarify that to people—that I didn't make it up in that time. I just said them in that time.

Servbot24

Banned
1 LR
2 CD
3 MBDTF
4 G
5 808s
6 Y

All of them fantastic. Ye is the creative successor to The Beatles and Radiohead.

Btw his old shit may be the strongest but he absolutely should NOT go back to that shit. I betcha it's just fuckin Pharrell fans asking for that.

overcast

Asking for old Kanye back. Yawn. Acting like Kanye ain't still king of the game cause he keeps the listener on their toes.

If you guys want old Kanye.
shoo.gif

I would love old Kanye back, the quality of his albums was better. Do I need the sound to be the same? Not really.

If that's me living in the past, OK.

Servbot24

Banned
Can you imagine how corny Kanye making another All Falls Down would be?

Now if he wants to make new Gone, well that I'll have to think about.

IrishNinja

feel how you feel about yeezus, but 808's shits on MBDTF from a high place
this is empirically verifiable, as seen in numerous peer-reviewed journals

We'll always have pinata

fixed

And the kanye cycle continues. Every fucking time

we didn't get dressed up for nothin'

Any word on how it sounds? Will it be like his old (good) music, or like his last (bad)album?

that was in 2010, man; let it go

Nothing wrong with that.

i enjoy my classic shit alla time, but yes, if you expect an artist to be where they were 10 years ago & evoke those feelings as though they/you were stagnant creatures, you do both of yourselves a disservice

they thought I'd make another "Illmatic"
but it's always forward I'm movin/never backwards, stupid; here's another classic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom