• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West's new album appears to be done

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Step aside plebians"

ByZ7SzxIIAEP1p8.jpg
Going to beat the shit out of them in FFXV.

Yep I loved where he went with Yeezy.

He needs to push that more. Fuck the cloth eared raps fans swear most raps fans are more musically conservative than 'traditional' country music fans.

It's true. And it's fucking annoying. Too bad he most likely won't go that route again and make whatever it is the rap fans want to listen to (same old shit).

Album was fantastic.

don't people say that they don't like where kanye went with x album with every album? his lyrics are always the same dumb shit (which i like, i mean good dumb) but musically he goes all over the place. i guess mbdtf was a bit of a catch all, but everything else since graduation has had a particular stylistic bent.

One of the things I like most about Ye is the fact that every album is different. I'd be totally down for another 808's though... man i fuckin love that album.

Fjordson

1 LR
2 CD
3 MBDTF
4 G
5 808s
6 Y

All of them fantastic. Ye is the creative successor to The Beatles and Radiohead.

Btw his old shit may be the strongest but he absolutely should NOT go back to that shit. I betcha it's just fuckin Pharrell fans asking for that.
Aping his old shit would be boring, but his new shit is also pretty boring to me, so I dunno (expcet Yeezus, that wasn't bad).

Either way, I like that he's putting out new stuff. Rap game is simply more interesting with Kanye active.

feel how you feel about yeezus, but 808's shits on MBDTF from a high place
this is empirically verifiable, as seen in numerous peer-reviewed journals

fixed

we didn't get dressed up for nothin'

that was in 2010, man; let it go

i enjoy my classic shit alla time, but yes, if you expect an artist to be where they were 10 years ago & evoke those feelings as though they/you were stagnant creatures, you do both of yourselves a disservice

they thought I'd make another "Illmatic"
but it's always forward I'm movin/never backwards, stupid; here's another classic

Yea but Nas still made great music. Kanye can still have the same mindset and sound with whatever is currently going on with his life. Kanye was not stagnant from 2004-2010 and that was fine to me.

IrishNinja

Yea but Nas still made great music. Kanye can still have the same mindset and sound with whatever is currently going on with his life. Kanye was not stagnant from 2004-200 and that was fine to me.

okay but do you really think the ye of 2014 can write a song like Spaceships? he's not about that life, he's worlds away from it. it makes as much sense as wanting CD to have I am a God or say 50 cent to put out GRODT type work today; mindset & sounds both change over a decade

Imagine Kanye making another "Family Business" today.
Yeah fucking right. I think College Dropout is his absolute best album, no questions. I would LOVE old Kanye back for just one more album. But it ain't happening. Dude cannot write or make music like that anymore.

Mistle

Yeezus is probably my favourite Kanye album, and had such an awesome hype build up, so I hope the new album follows it's lead

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
If Young Thug is on this album it will be the GOAT Kanye album.
As long as there's no Travis Scott or Big Sean features then we'll be alright.
La Flame already confirmed a song with him, Ye and Thug.

bullshit. Yeezus has more exciting ideas and breakthrough sounds in its ten tracks than MBDTF has in nearly double.
This has nothing to do with execution or intent, I don't understand the purpose of this response. Not only that, but Yeezus and MBDTF are only 2 of 3 songs apart in length, so I don't know what your on about about it being double length either.

Imagine Kanye making another "Family Business" today.
Yeah fucking right. I think College Dropout is his absolute best album, no questions. I would LOVE old Kanye back for just one more album. But it ain't happening. Dude cannot write or make music like that anymore.
Family Business is my favourite Ye song, but comments like this come with a waft of dust. Same silly complaints year after year of him not staying on the treadmill. Kanye and hip-hop benefitted tenfold from him experimenting with song structure and writing. His songwriting in general has become much better and diverse.

Family Business is my favourite Ye song, but comments like this come with a waft of dust. Same silly complaints year after year of him not staying on the treadmill. Kanye and hip-hop benefitted tenfold from him experimenting with song structure and writing. His songwriting in general has become much better and diverse.
Put your pompoms away Enzo. I said I KNOW Kanye isn't going back to his roots. I would like him too but I know it ain't happening. I also said earlier I really enjoyed Yeezus. I was mostly echoing Irish ninja and telling those that wish for more CD/LR Era Kanye not to get their hopes up.

Kanye/la flame/young thug track

Damn, feels like my whole life has been leading up to this moment. Is there even any reason to go on after listening to such a blessed track

Yeezus is way better than I remembered, I thought it was only okay when it came out and didn't bother to listen to it after the first week but this shit is great.

GWX

My taste has changed these last couple of days:

CD > LR = MBDTF >>> Graduation >>> 808s > Yeezus. It used to be CD = LR > MBDTF (the rest stays the same).

Robot Pants

Yes Yeezus is complete garbage.
MBDTF is a million times better.
I rather his new album be more like any of his old albums except Yeezus, but I'm expecting more Yeezus.

120v

i consider 808s, MBDTF and Yeezus to be a trilogy of sorts, like the three albums before that. i loved Yeezus... but in a different kind of way. it wasn't "better" than MDBTF but it seemed like the next logical step.

i'm skeptical he could follow up those last three though, since Fantasy was his victory run of sorts, and the other two albums were his foray into more experimental territory. not sure where he could go from there but hey, it's Ye

Anth0ny

I have no expectations going into this album. Coming off MBDTF, I was hype as fuck for Yeezus. Too bad.

Surely it'll be better than Yeezus.

which track though? if you're gonna sum up the album you could grab better examples like some death grips type shit i guess, but not that one banks cut overall

not a particular track but the overall sound and feel of the whole album. i remember hearing 212 years ago thinking "damn this is dope, this some next level shit". then hearing yeezus and thinking ugh "this fool tryna go next level but failing" then hearing 212 again and it all making sense what kanye was going for... also he was courting the shit out of banks before yeezus, tryna sign her. so, timing supports this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom