• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kathleen Kennedy "No Plans For Obi-Wan Season 2"

This is great news if it's true because the first season was the worst Star Wars series as of yet.

Disclaimer that I've never heard of this website so it may just be bullshit. Regardless, it's good news in my opinion.

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
Obi-Wan Kenobi was so ridiculously bad. Definitely a contender in the top three worst shows I've ever seen, next to unwatchable garbage like Inhumans and Helstrom. Sometimes everything comes together in a project so beautifully that it's like lightning in a bottle, and Obi-Wan Kenobi was like the exact opposite. Every aspect of it was so awful that it was like a... a diarrhea tornado.

Obi-Wan Kenobi was so ridiculously bad. Definitely a contender in the top three worst shows I've ever seen, next to unwatchable garbage like Inhumans and Helstrom. Sometimes everything comes together in a project so beautifully that it's like lightning in a bottle, and Obi-Wan Kenobi was like the exact opposite. Every aspect of it was so awful that it was like a... a diarrhea tornado.
It's definitely the most disappointing Star Wars series I've seen yet. Even more so than Boo Fett.

I also don't get why this series looks so cheap? It didn't feel like Star Wars at all. I don't get where they spent all this money because it really looks low budget.

On top of that the combat and action was pretty fucking awful and they hyped us up as having such great scenes.

It was actually this series which I just started disliking Star Wars even less than I did before. It's amazing how much Disney is fucking this whole franchise up almost as if they're intentionally doing it. Maybe they are.

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
I had hopes for this series, since I liked Star wars movies, but this series seemed like total crap to me... I didn't even finish watching the last 3 episodes.

They put Obi-Wan like a pussy cat 💁‍♀️🥺... I will never forgive it.

Last edited:
I had hopes for this series, since I liked Star wars movies, but this series seemed like total crap to me... I didn't even finish watching the last 3 episodes.

They put Obi-Wan like a pussy cat 💁‍♀️🥺... I will never forgive it.
They pretty much treated him the same way they treated Luke Skywalker in The Last Jedi. It's almost the exact same shit.

I don't know what it is with Disney and doing the classic heroes dirty.

Last edited:

Rockondevil

They pretty much treated him the same way they treated Luke Skywalker in The Last Jedi. It's almost the exact same shit.

I don't know what it is with Disney and doing the classic heroes dirty.
Been like that since they took over.

Disney is too focused on how normal people can be just as good as Jedi, except they aren’t.
I’m sick of them just spamming non force user stuff.
Give me some space wizards and make it good.

Obi-Wan should’ve been amazing.

Last edited:

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Some dude in my work expressed if anyone spoiled him for the final episode of Obi-Wan he'd get angry. Definitely a good little Disney consumer. I watched the first 3 episodes and dropped it. That shit was TRASH.

I can at least respect The Last Jedi but that movie should have been a stand alone movie not in the middle of the trilogy. The finale to S2 of The Mandalorian onward has just been garbage after a minor W with S1 and the rest of S2.

Andor is meant to be good but I didn't go back to it after episode 1 because it felt like a BBC production.

There’s just so much plot Armor surrounding the Skywalker clan that they would be better off going Old Republic or farther into the future (500 years) so the audience doesn’t always know what’s allowed and what’s off the table for characters. Still like Ewan and Hayden, but they deserved a better send off.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Dunno man, seeing Star Wars so diluted, Willow destroyed and the upcoming Indiana movie looking like to be a disaster, it might be the final straw for Iger.

It feels like she's still around because she knows where the bodies are buried. I don't see her going anywhere, even if things continue to decline.

mitch1971

I'm not sure I want to let my views be known about it, just incase Ewan McGregor tells me off via a tick-tock video.

Technically true. The sequel series will be called Reeva.
Her character is the definition of a great concept ruined by horrible execution.

dmk5k679zpha1.gif

Sony

Nintendo
You have Hayden Christensen and Ewan McGregor back... And yet you deliver such a shitty series. Hayden and Ewan carried whatever little there was of this series. At least we got that final scene between Vader and Obi Wan which I do admit was emotional. Other than that, wasted potential.

Dev1lXYZ

The continuing adventures of Jake Kenobi in PTSD world wasn’t exactly getting viewers attention. It should have been a movie. Sometimes, those sets and costumes were looking like Party City. They could have made a great Clone Wars era film as both actors are still physically capable.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Good.

Should have never been a show, too much senseless filler and plot hole like scenes. The movie cut out there is infinitely better.

Leia isn't evading dudes all stupid like, when she's caught she's caught. And Vader kills that Inquisitor. Vader never leaves anyone alive "just because." 🙄

Last edited:

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
You have Hayden Christensen and Ewan McGregor back... And yet you deliver such a shitty series. Hayden and Ewan carried whatever little there was of this series. At least we got that final scene between Vader and Obi Wan which I do admit was emotional. Other than that, wasted potential.
Ewan literally carried the show himself. His charisma is off the charts, even if what he had to play was a travesty of Kenobi. Had they chosen any other actor to replace him nobody would have watched till the end, and they knew it.

Denzel Washington Reaction GIF

Thank god, what a waste of a show this was.

They brought back some great actors, only to ruin it with trash-tier writing.

If you haven't watched it, there's like two scenes you can check out on youtube that are worth a watch, but aside from that you're not missing much.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
The continuing adventures of Jake Kenobi in PTSD world wasn’t exactly getting viewers attention. It should have been a movie. Sometimes, those sets and costumes were looking like Party City. They could have made a great Clone Wars era film as both actors are still physically capable.

Good.

Should have never been a show, too much senseless filler and plot hole like scenes. The movie cut out there is infinitely better.

Leia isn't evading dudes all stupid like, when she's caught she's caught. And Vader kills that Inquisitor. Vader never leaves anyone alive "just because." 🙄

Ive made this point over and over but TV shows was the worst thing to happen to Star Wars. And I loved Season 1 of the Mandalorian.

Basically Seasons 1-3/4 of the Mandalorian would have made 2-4 incredible Star Wars big budget movies.

Obi Wan would have made 1 movie.

Boba Fett 1 movie.

Andor Season 1 and 2 probably 1-3 movies.

The one thing I cannot stand is low budget Star Wars with crappy costumes, repeating sets, and bad voice acting.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Ive made this point over and over but TV shows was the worst thing to happen to Star Wars. And I loved Season 1 of the Mandalorian.

Basically Seasons 1-3/4 of the Mandalorian would have made 2-4 incredible Star Wars big budget movies.

Obi Wan would have made 1 movie.

Boba Fett 1 movie.

Andor Season 1 and 2 probably 1-3 movies.

The one thing I cannot stand is low budget Star Wars with crappy costumes, repeating sets, and bad voice acting.
They have diluted the property. The more of it the give you the less special it becomes.

Part of what made SW special as a kid was there were only 3 major movies and a couple of EWOK adventure things. There were toys and stuff, but the movies were it. There wasn't much to dilute the property. And your whole world view of the universe revolved around 3 amazing films. Now we have a bunch of mediocre and poor TV and movies. The property is not special and they just shovel out more and more. Robert Rodriguez making Boba Fett was so dumb.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
They have diluted the property. The more of it the give you the less special it becomes.

Part of what made SW special as a kid was there were only 3 major movies and a couple of EWOK adventure things. There were toys and stuff, but the movies were it. There wasn't much to dilute the property. And your whole world view of the universe revolved around 3 amazing films. Now we have a bunch of mediocre and poor TV and movies. The property is not special and they just shovel out more and more. Robert Rodriguez making Boba Fett was so dumb.

Sequel trilogy was pretty bad but at least they were big budget fucking feature films. The Rey/Kylo fight in the water next to the crashed Death Star was awesome. But throwing on some random aliens in really bad looking rubber costumes (see the Trandoshans in Boba Fett) is a fucking travesty.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Sequel trilogy was pretty bad but at least they were big budget fucking feature films. The Rey/Kylo fight in the water next to the crashed Death Star was awesome. But throwing on some random aliens in really bad looking rubber costumes (see the Trandoshans in Boba Fett) is a fucking travesty.
Great budgets, dumb story. Good actors, bad through line. The most interesting Character was Finn, and they did nothing with him. A trooper turned Jedi would have been cool if that story would have been done. And the complete lack of understanding they had about Luke Skywalker was garbage.

Romulus

Ugh, blows my mind how badly they ruined this. The prequels weren't amazing by any stretch but this show smeared shit all over my memory of them.

GC_DALBEN

Please stop making these horrible series, the only thing that i like about these series is GROGU and they managed to ruin his arc with a STUPID reunion with DIN in the Boba Fett series, erasing all that happened to him during season 1 and 2 of mandalorin, so Disney PLEASE STOP.

Sorry about my english.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Sorry not sorry, but the final confrontation with Anakin and Vader's voice each going in and out was my favorite part of Star Wars anything since Disney purchased. So this is sad news for me.
I mean, it was great. You have to see that guy's movie cut, so much better without all that senseless clown filler that muddied the fantastic parts.

Ballthyrm

They'll never get rid of her.

They can keep her, just don't let her touch anything.
She can be Senior Brand evangelist or some other useless job title.

Her character is the definition of a great concept ruined by horrible execution.

dmk5k679zpha1.gif

And horrible acting. I know Star Wars can be campy, but this was just a plain off the street phone in.

I think the actress was dealt a bad hand. Imagine you get a gig to work on Star Wars and that's the character you get.
I agree with March Climber March Climber that if you look at the concept it is pretty strong, it was done well in Star Wars Clone Wars for example.
I think it sucks for the actresses that are getting hate for shitty characters they have no control over.

Top Bottom