• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kathleen Kennedy "No Plans For Obi-Wan Season 2"

Banjo64

cumsessed
I watched it all and the only thing I remember was Obi WAN’s pathetic attempt to chase that 3 year old girl in Space City and that there was a tragic misunderstood strong female character.

AmuroChan

I think the actress was dealt a bad hand. Imagine you get a gig to work on Star Wars and that's the character you get.
I agree with @March Climber that if you look at the concept it is pretty strong, it was done well in Star Wars Clone Wars for example.
I think it sucks for the actresses that are getting hate for shitty characters they have no control over.

Yes, but a lot of these actors and actresses contribute to the problem that has plagued Hollywood. By constantly crying about their oppression on social media, they validate Hollywood's push on DEI hiring practices. So rather than hiring writers who actually want to write good stories and characters, they hire activist writers instead.

Some dude in my work expressed if anyone spoiled him for the final episode of Obi-Wan he'd get angry. Definitely a good little Disney consumer. I watched the first 3 episodes and dropped it. That shit was TRASH.

I can at least respect The Last Jedi but that movie should have been a stand alone movie not in the middle of the trilogy. The finale to S2 of The Mandalorian onward has just been garbage after a minor W with S1 and the rest of S2.

Andor is meant to be good but I didn't go back to it after episode 1 because it felt like a BBC production.
Don't sleep on andor. It's fucking great.

I do kinda of hate Disney telling shit stories that don't need to be told like solo.. who cares how solo got his ship.

Or rogue one who cares making up some ridiculous story to get the plans for the death star. They literally build a new one.

All I can remember of obi one was some ridiculous story for the sake of filming something and getting Vader on screen somehow. Utterly pointless because obi one should have killed Vader but then we'd have a new timeline

Toons

The Ewoks were savages. Like there was only one cute one (besides the babies). Take a good look at the rest in the OG cut, those beady non blinking eyes and weird teeth. Also the end ... those storm trooper helmets. What do you think happened to those stromtroopers. I guess they didnt have a golden droid to save them. A lot of fat Ewoks that night and subsequent weeks.

I mean its still silly they beat the soldiers that had been used to take over multiple advanced civilations and entire planet's. Thats just the nature of this franchise.

Why is this lady still employed? Didn't she kill the franchise enough?
It's never enough. It's like poetry.

george lucas GIF by South Park

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I'm so tired of the same freaking spaceships and the Empire and everything. I wish they would finally just go into the Old Republic era or into the far future. I want to see new spaceships and new characters in a new theme. Of course Star Wars is all about Jedi and Sith so I understand that's not going to be easy to get away from but they could do something original.

I mean they could also go with the Yuuzhan Vong but that's pretty much R-rated Star Wars and I doubt Disney would want to touch such a dark theme.
Old republic is the way to go. But execs think people only want something they have seen before. They say, we need a Yoda or something so people are use to it. But entirely new stories in the Old Republic new ships and planets and the like would be great.

Top Bottom