• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kazunori Yamauchi tweets details about GT5 Spec II (free, 9-15th October)

brotkasten said:
What makes people think there will be a Spec III update for GT5? Just because there was one for GT5:prologue?

Some of us believe they will not pull a GT6 on PS3, and since they told numerous times that GT5 was a "evolving thing", we presume it will keep growing.

Also, there are a few things they planned for GT5 that they haven´t implemented yet, so we figure they will keep working to implement.

Theonik

brotkasten said:
What makes people think there will be a Spec III update for GT5? Just because there was one for GT5:prologue?
PD seems to want to keep supporting GT5 in the future after Spec II is released and if they keep the same release schedule, (they probably will slow down with updates) a 2012 Spec III seems likely before GT6 is officially announced after which they may only do some periodic updating for GT5 with some minor stuff and mostly focus on GT6. It would be consistent with what PD's intentions about GT5 seem so far. Plus there are still some areas that could use work that wouldn't necessarily defeat the purpose of a GT6.
Edit: Kind of beaten it would seem, I agree with seattle

-Amon-

offshore said:
I'm kind of curious about how in both posts on the US and EU blog they keep emphasising that the update is "free".

I mean, what...do they want a pat on the back for not charging us for a functionality update? Weird.

Codemasters would make a new game for all this and sell it full price.

Truespeed

So, just to be clear - if we logged into GT5 on Sunday, a week before Vetel is crowned F1 champion, we will be getting the Red Bull car, right?

Truespeed said:
So, just to be clear - if we logged into GT5 on Sunday, a week before Vetel is crowned F1 champion, we will be getting the Red Bull car, right?

I think we have to login 1 week AFTER he becomes champion.

Truespeed

-Amon- said:
Codemasters would make a new game for all this and sell it full price.

129157477066831452.gif

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
This may be a silly question, but weren't Logitech G25 and G27 already working in this game? You're saying that no one with a G25/G27 was able to use them in GT5?

Theonik

isamu said:
This may be a silly question, but weren't Logitech G25 and G27 already working in this game? You're saying that no one with a G25/G27 was able to use them in GT5?
They both worked but there was no simple way to map the buttons for G25 (had to set it to Driving force Pro) and no way to map buttons at all with G27.

Truespeed

There was no official support for them in the game. When you went to select your wheel there was no G25/G27 picture.

seattle6418 said:
Some of us believe they will not pull a GT6 on PS3, and since they told numerous times that GT5 was a "evolving thing", we presume it will keep growing.

Also, there are a few things they planned for GT5 that they haven´t implemented yet, so we figure they will keep working to implement.

Yeah, it's probably just my wish that they'd forget about GT5 after Spec II and use it as a foundation for GT6 on the PS3. You know kinda like Windows Vista was improved with the SP1 and then used as a foundation for Windows 7. Kaz talking about how they started working on GT6 before the March 2010 delay (pre-production, obviously) and GT6 would come much quicker, since they already have the foundation, gave me hope back then.

Will there be a Gran Turismo 6?

Yes. You won't have to wait as long as you did for GT5. GT5 was basically the creation of a whole new operating system, and developing GT6 will be like adding new applications that run on that new operating system.
But I remember him saying at the GT5 launch party that he doesn't know if it would come out on the PS3. I don't want to buy a PS4 for that game. :( :lol

e: Wow, I just compared Gran Turismo 5 with Windows Vista. :lol

Truespeed

Metalmurphy said:
I'm more surprised on how they actually put "greatly" in the reduced load times.

Sounds very promising. The reduced load times were one of my major gripes about the game. Any word on frame rate or screen tearing fixes?

Truespeed said:
Sounds very promising. The reduced load times were one of my major gripes about the game. Any word on frame rate or screen tearing fixes?

The loadtime when you start the game is the one that bothers me.

Often i end up eating/drinking something, while i wait for the minute/minute and a half it takes for you to get to the main screen.

Mobius 1

SAINT KAZUNORI HAS LISTENED TO OUR PRAYERS, MY BRETHREN.

GIVE THANKS TO HIS HOLYNESS THE KAZ FOR HE CARES FOR HIS FLOCK.

paskowitz

If you complain that this update is not good enough, then you are not good enough for GT5. Yes the game came out flawed, but this amount of post launch support FOR FREE is almost unprecedented. I want people to think back to GT5 day 1, week 1 and month 1. Now look at this. If you are not satisfied, then you should just leave and go play Need for Speed Pro Street.

27256_shocked_expression.jpg

1844437-tumblr_l05kd0yvjn1qbuemxo1_r1_400_super.jpg

bulging+lemur+eyes.jpg

magawolaz

Metalmurphy, about the 16 AI drivers... Maybe those shots are taken from Arcade Mode? In arcade mode you can race against 16 drivers..

Anyway I hope PD extended races with 16 cars to all the game... I mean, there's no difference between Arcade Mode races and GTlife (A-B Spec/Seasonal etc) ones...right?

Dibbz

magawolaz said:
Metalmurphy, about the 16 AI drivers... Maybe those shots are taken from Arcade Mode? In arcade mode you can race against 16 drivers..

Anyway I hope PD extended races with 16 cars to all the game... I mean, there's no difference between Arcade Mode races and GTlife (A-B Spec/Seasonal etc) ones...right?
No there are differences. Arcade can be set a beginner AI which means less processing in which allows you to use head tracking which cannot be used anywhere else.

Angst

Dibbz said:
No there are differences. Arcade can be set a beginner AI which means less processing in which allows you to use head tracking which cannot be used anywhere else.
But can't you set it to advanced AI and still get 16 cars?

magawolaz

Dibbz said:
Sorry, didn't know that. But if you select "B" (intermediate?) AI you can still race against 16 cars. I can't remember if the same happens with advanced AI...

gunther

can i use head tracking everywhere ni teh game?, if not FUCKING FAIL.
I buyed the ps eye just for thi and i'm still burned about that .
Still awesom update ignoring that fact.

spats

gunther said:
can i use head tracking everywhere ni teh game?, if not FUCKING FAIL.
I buyed the ps eye just for thi and i'm still burned about that .
Still awesom update ignoring that fact.

That's a really valid question. It's a lot of fun to play around with in arcade so GT Life feels really lacking without it.

Mobius 1

The only disappointment is the Course Creator's lack of point to point options. I really wanted to build some rally special stages.

dwebo

Norante said:
The only disappointment is the Course Creator's lack of point to point options. I really wanted to build some rally special stages.
Yep, same. I was hoping with specII we'd see that rumored Pike's Peak stage, which I'm assuming would've required (significant?) engine tweaks to allow for true point to point.

Maybe that and some new course creator areas will be in the DLC track pack, but I doubt it.

Xun

Curious to see what the improved physics will be like.

I hope and doubt it'll be drastically different.

brotkasten said:
Yeah, it's probably just my wish that they'd forget about GT5 after Spec II and use it as a foundation for GT6 on the PS3. You know kinda like Windows Vista was improved with the SP1 and then used as a foundation for Windows 7. Kaz talking about how they started working on GT6 before the March 2010 delay (pre-production, obviously) and GT6 would come much quicker, since they already have the foundation, gave me hope back then.

But I remember him saying at the GT5 launch party that he doesn't know if it would come out on the PS3. I don't want to buy a PS4 for that game. :( :lol

e: Wow, I just compared Gran Turismo 5 with Windows Vista. :lol

I wouldn't mind a 2 year cycle like Forza. No standard cars, updated/new tracks, better/more intuitive UI, better crash damage and weather option on all tracks. I don't see why updates and a new game have to be mutually exclusive. Problem is PD are not efficient developers and they should be hiring more people or outsourcing.

Mush

An absolute disgrace. Kaz and PD should be ashamed of themselves. What a waste of bandwidth this will be.

paskowitz said:
If you complain that this update is not good enough, then you are not good enough for GT5. Yes the game came out flawed, but this amount of post launch support FOR FREE is almost unprecedented. I want people to think back to GT5 day 1, week 1 and month 1. Now look at this. If you are not satisfied, then you should just leave and go play Need for Speed Pro Street.
Going a little far with that last line aren't you? That a racing game still lacks online rankings for lap times is a pretty big deal, and I'm not so much pissed about it as I'm very confused/surprised of its absence. Besides it being a racing game necessity IMO, it was also in Prologue. The ranking of lap times isn't just some leaderboard trend brought about by online gaming, it is very much rooted into the legacy of racing itself. Taking the position that any and all complaining is nothing more than unappreciative whining seems a little willfully blind to me.

I feel as though GT is simply too generic.

I'm not asking for Need for Speed, but the game needs to evolve as a genre.

EA did that with Need for Speed, PD hasn't really done anything different, and the game truly suffers because of it.

galian beast said:
I feel as though GT is simply too generic.

I'm not asking for Need for Speed, but the game needs to evolve as a genre.

EA did that with Need for Speed, PD hasn't really done anything different, and the game truly suffers because of it.

You're going to have to be more specific.

Top Bottom