• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kazunori Yamauchi tweets details about GT5 Spec II (free, 9-15th October)

brotkasten said:
I'm not trolling if it's that what you mean. :lol

I haven't driven a gazillion cars like I can in GT, but I was always able to see at least part of the hood/front, so it's a bit weird to see it cut off like that. Looks a bit like Metal Gear Racing. You know, like racing in a cardboard box. Get it? Get it?

Seeing as that car seems to be in a class of compact cars, it is likely you can't see the hood of that specific model car, whether it is premium or standard. The other two standard car interiors show the hood. I don't see why they would remove the hood when it is viewable on the roof cam of every standard car.

They aren't premium quality, but I will take it. Driving from cockpit or bust.

Metalmurphy said:
There are no leaderboards.

And that´s all i cared about.

I´m speechless, don´t even give me a lecture MM, but i´m pissed about this.

All the other features are nice and all, but...

Big Takeover said:
Love that Caterham cockpit shot. All these changes will definitely breath new life into the game for me.

Same, I've always wanted to do a One Make race with it in the NRL. Now we got one more excuse to do it.

fart town usa

Gold Member
awesome!

i haven't played gt5 in months but i really enjoy that game. Playing with the race wheel is freaking awesome. Gonna have to start playing again.

sTeLioSco

Banned
h3ro said:
3XeL0.jpg

Time to buy some Standard LMPs. :D

thats.... better than i expected....

i hope this kind of interior is on the most popular cars

very very nice

tusken77

On a related note...

If Sebastian Vettel Becomes Champion, we’ll give everyone the “Red Bull X2010 S.Vettel” to commemorate!

Sebastian Vettel has earned 309 points up until the Singapore Grand Prix in this years Formula 1 season, making him 124 points ahead of Jenson Button.

There are 5 races remaining including the Japan Grand Prix, but because the drivers points are allocated in the order of 25-18-15-12-10-8-6-4-2-1, for Button to win over Vettel he would have to win all of the remaining races. Vettel on the other hand only needs one more point in the next 5 races. Even if Vettel does not earn a point in the Japan Grand Prix, if Button does not come in first, Vettel’s championship title will be locked in.

If Sebastian Vettel becomes champion in the F1 Japan Grand Prix on Sunday, October 9, Gran Turismo 5 will give everyone who logs into the game a “Red Bull X2010 S. Vettel” to commemorate.

We will announce on gran-turismo.com when the gift will be given out. The gift is limited to one per account. This is a great opportunity to receive the ultimate racing machine created by Gran Turismo and Red Bull. We hope you’ll take part in the celebration!

http://eu.gran-turismo.com/gb/news/d34484.html

amar212

Psychotext said:
Is that driver really tall? What's the height on that car?

Hell, even a GT40 should be higher than most people's waist. ;)

l.jpg

Tsuchiya is not so tall :)

And maybe we'll get an option to finally adjust our body configuration as we could in Tourist Trophy.

And yes, those new suits will be glorious.

Atolm

tusken77 said:
On a related note...

If Sebastian Vettel Becomes Champion, we’ll give everyone the “Red Bull X2010 S.Vettel” to commemorate!

Sebastian Vettel has earned 309 points up until the Singapore Grand Prix in this years Formula 1 season, making him 124 points ahead of Jenson Button.

There are 5 races remaining including the Japan Grand Prix, but because the drivers points are allocated in the order of 25-18-15-12-10-8-6-4-2-1, for Button to win over Vettel he would have to win all of the remaining races. Vettel on the other hand only needs one more point in the next 5 races. Even if Vettel does not earn a point in the Japan Grand Prix, if Button does not come in first, Vettel’s championship title will be locked in.

If Sebastian Vettel becomes champion in the F1 Japan Grand Prix on Sunday, October 9, Gran Turismo 5 will give everyone who logs into the game a “Red Bull X2010 S. Vettel” to commemorate.

We will announce on gran-turismo.com when the gift will be given out. The gift is limited to one per account. This is a great opportunity to receive the ultimate racing machine created by Gran Turismo and Red Bull. We hope you’ll take part in the celebration!

http://eu.gran-turismo.com/gb/news/d34484.html

Wow, nice!!

sTeLioSco said:

very very nice

PD didn't model it for GT5, those cars already had cockpits in GT4, because they're open and it would look weird in replays and photo mode without them (same with the Caterham cockpit). PD just never gave them a proper cockpit view.

benzy

Psychotext said:
Is that driver really tall? What's the height on that car?

Hell, even a GT40 should be higher than most people's waist. ;)

I think it's just the angle and field of view.

canont1i693.jpg

Not to be a debbie downer, but taking pictures of your avatars next to a premium car, really?!?!

Like I mentioned in another thread, would be better if the premium cars are accessible inside and out like the other game.

Engine shots, interior shots with the doors open, the whole nine yards man! :(

Dibbz said:
9glyqe.jpg

Some cars do have it. I think most of the super GT's have hood cam.
Ahh it's been a while since I saw that pic. I remember when people argued about this before GT5 launched.

That is not a hood cam. That is the roof cam angled downwards.

Pazuzu9 said:
There are some hood cams? I don't think so...
I'm not 100% sure but some of them are either too high up or angled incorrectly. I'm pretty sure the "roof" cameras are only on stuff like standard cars, not the premiums.

mclaren777 said:
The bad alpha transparencies ruined Photo Mode. :(
They need to fix that for photomode... I can understand that being an issue for real time, but for something rendered? No way.

fu3lfr3nzy said:
Not to be a debbie downer, but taking pictures of your avatars next to a premium car, really?!?!

Like I mentioned in another thread, would be better if the premium cars are accessible inside and out like the other game.

Engine shots, interior shots with the doors open, the whole nine yards man! :(

That my friend takes a lot of work to accomplish, and i don't the fans are requesting for that. Almost everything in this update is what fans have been wanting (Still want a leaderboard but Spec III will probably solve that) , its good to see Kaz and co listening to their fans.

Az

If this update doesn't make me breakfast every morning I will be disappointed.

Shame on you Kaz.

Loudninja

The final piece of big news is that there will be a full batch of downloadable content for Gran Turismo 5 in the coming weeks. This DLC will of course include new vehicles and tracks, plus some additional surprises.

And if you don’t have Gran Turismo 5 yet, now is the perfect time to get into the best-selling racing game. In addition to all of the great new content and free updates, as of this week you can pick GT5 up for only $39.99.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/10/05/gran-turismo-5-new-free-updates-dlc-and-price-drop/

lowrider007 said:
So why is it that they can't give us a proper hood cam view?, is it a technical problem?

Why did they include full chase cam customization in GT2 end not in subsequent games? It's PD we are talking about.

offshore

One thing though, are standard interiors going to have wipers?

How will it work in racing from cockpit in the rain if standards don't have wipers? Generic wipers? :lol

Angst

phosphor112 said:
Mother of god... weather for all tracks!?!?
Probably not, as it wasn't mentioned. High Speed Ring always had weather, now we just have more control over it.

sTeLioSco said:

very very nice
It only looks decent because it's an open cockpit. The detail is not down to popularity, it's down to whether they modelled the interiors in the first place in GT4. Only the open cars will be like that.
Aguirre said:
wow, meant to be black/dark as that?
Yes. They never modelled the interiors of closed-cockpit cars.

seattle6418 said:
And that´s all i cared about.

I´m speechless, don´t even give me a lecture MM, but i´m pissed about this.

All the other features are nice and all, but...

Maybe they're saving that for Spec III lol I do agree leaderboards for every car on every track should've been there.....

What are the odds they update some cars to Premium because they should've been premium from the get go? Like the Bugatti for example.

Also, what are these surprises?

This DLC will of course include new vehicles and tracks, plus some additional surprises.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/10/05/gran-turismo-5-new-free-updates-dlc-and-price-drop/

offshore said:
NASCAR 2011 cars are different to 2010 cars, so they'd have had to remodel them. And of course all the interiors are different.

I know. Makes no sense. But then Sony seem have little of that when it comes to GT.

No they are not.

The front spoiler changed, and that´s about it. The rest it´s just a livery update for the 11 cars they got.

Every major Nascar team still uses chassis from last season, it´s the same spec, same car. Biggest change would be on the Goodyear tires, let´s see if they modelled that.

I hope they included a Dodge model, but it´s not looking likely.

I really dig Nascar, and for Online two things would make the races great: slipstreaming settings, so we could tone it down, and a more realistic tire wear model so you could run the high line effectively, instead of just running the bottom everytime.

Honestly I understand the fixed camera in third person, it's really hard to follow the track in a non fixed one. What I don't understand is... why not have both? oO

Top Bottom