• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Keith Ellison announces bid for DNC chair, rolls out 40 endorsements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lime

Ellison already doing work:

CxQcC9kXAAAACEO

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Ellison already doing work:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxQcC9kXAAAACEO?format=jpg&name=large[/im g][/QUOTE]

I really hope he's elected, but he really needs to quit his job in Congress if he's serious about being Chairman.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Seems like Fox news and the other conservative media sources are getting into the game against him now, they seem to be taking him seriously as a candidate.

Glad to see Ben and Cenk already on the ticket for Ellison. Dore is far too cynical for his own good, even for me. He was one of those saying he would vote for Trump just to get away from Clinton. Some elements of the party want to push Ellison because they knew they were wrong before, it doesn't mean its a secret conspiracy.

Nothing at all against Ellison but I think Jason Kander would also be someone to look at. Someone who can do the job full time. He's young, smart, liberal and came close to winning the Missouri senate race this year. Did much better than Hillary in that state.

And the mid-terms are huge. Dems can ride a wave of backlash against an incompetent president. Look at 2006, it has been done. Scandals would help! (Mark Foley.) The US senate map sucks. But House can be in play and governorships and state legislature is crucial.

SCOTUS is lost but great Democratic anti-Trump wins in 2018 and 2020 would be great for the party going forward. Post-2010 redistricting kicked the Democrats' ass. Yes I know the Dems are "in the wilderness", but it's not crazy to think they could be in better shape in 4 years.

https://twitter.com/jimmy_dore/status/797896141555630080

Why do people take Jimmy Dore and TYT seriously again?

I like TYT, and the fact that they were so right about this election has improved my opinion of them quite a bit, but my god is Jimmy Dore the worst.

Also Harry Reid is underrated. Probably an odd thing to hear from me, but I've always appreciated how he isn't afraid to fight dirty with Republicans.

I've been hearing opinions from activist and grassroots organizations and the thing I hear the most is that Ellison is by a huge margin, the congressman most involved at the grass roots level which is good to hear.

Keith Ellison knows whats up- thanks for posting that Vice interview.

Wholeheartedly on board for him for DNC chair. The reason DWS stunk as a part-time chair was because she was out of touch and insulated from the political realities of 2016 USA.

Inuhanyou

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...d-pick-for-dnc-chair-and-a-controversial-one/

A few controversial statements that the conservatives could easily jump on(a few of them make me squirm cause it doesn't good face value), but having Breitbart in the whitehouse, i guess this kind of thing will be normalized?

He equated parts of Bush's post 9/11 policy to Germany in the 1930 among other suspect things when he was very young. But luckily its just a matter of suspect statements and not actual wrong doing

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...d-pick-for-dnc-chair-and-a-controversial-one/

A few controversial statements that the conservatives could easily jump on(a few of them make me squirm cause it doesn't good face value), but having Breitbart in the whitehouse, i guess this kind of thing will be normalized?

He equated parts of Bush's post 9/11 policy to Germany in the 1930 among other suspect things when he was very young. But luckily its just a matter of suspect statements and not actual wrong doing

Haha, good one, like that matters to the electorate.

If he wins I expect him to quit by 2020, they will suck all the air out of the room like Trump did and it will be nothing but constantly about him being a "radical black muslim with ties to people who we just don't know who they are folks, we don't know, but its bad folks, very bad". The media will play along.

Inuhanyou

Haha, good one, like that matters to the electorate.

If he wins I expect him to quit by 2020, they will suck all the air out of the room like Trump did and it will be nothing but constantly about him being a "radical black muslim with ties to people who we just don't know who they are folks, we don't know, but its bad folks, very bad". The media will play along.

I think it matters to people who care about what we care about. I don't think ceding ground to the right just because they can make hay and conspiracies about his backround is a good thing.

Come out, confront allegations and it will make you stronger.

Here is an alternative view of how the allegations are being misconstrued as well

https://thinkprogress.org/the-growing-smear-campaign-against-keith-ellison-233e16fab864#.q3x7bu7v9

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I think it matters to people who care about what we care about. I don't think ceding ground to the right just because they can make hay and conspiracies about his backround is a good thing.

Come out, confront allegations and it will make you stronger.

Here is an alternative view of how the allegations are being misconstrued as well

https://thinkprogress.org/the-growing-smear-campaign-against-keith-ellison-233e16fab864#.q3x7bu7v9

Yeah but if it's going to end up with him dropping out anyway, what's the point? Democrats should be pragmatic without being idealists in the current context. It was dangerous enough for Trump to win, but now the state of the Democrat party is in a precarious position and there's a lot at stake.

You know the old saying; better is the enemy of good. The Democrats need to stop arguing over what's better and move forward decisively, not get stuck trying to be perfect. It is inherent to the left to be self-divisive and inherent to the right to coalesce. Democrats need unity, quickly, and need to make sure Republicans' attacks can't be given credit in the average joe's mind. They need to focus on workers, the middle class, etc., and not let the media focus on a single person.

It is certain that Ellison will eventually drop out because of all the media's pressure, 100% sure.

Kin5290

DNC chair isn't really a position in the public spotlight. Past statements might hurt him were he to ever run for President, but otherwise who gives a shit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom