• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ken Amada and Koromaru confirmed as playable in Persona 4 Arena Ultimax

l_537c4d5027e857ekzv.jpg

No way can I be the only one that reads this image as "secret but not really final boss".

bonercop

They are fixing this in P4A Ultimax, there is just two stories, P3 and P4

Are we sure these stories aren't further split down into separate character versions of the same crap like in P4A? Because in some of the story footage, there are characters who have that yellow outline around them that indicated they were the protagonist in the P4A story mode.

Ken and Koromaru are looking good.

I thought he was a good character in Persona 3FES so I'm looking forward to how much he's changed since then.

That last screenshot looks like an Instant Kill, so I'm assuming that Koromaru attack is the initial strike.

FluxWaveZ

Where was it confirmed?

Confirmed everywhere since the website was updated along with the Famitsu article revealing Rise. Episode P3 and Episode P4 are separate chapters. Selecting one of those chapters conveys an arc, not individual storylines. I'm not sure what you're even referring to concerning colored outlines.

That last screenshot looks like an Instant Kill, so I'm assuming that Koromaru attack is the initial strike.

Additional details: It's called "Baptism of Light and Darkness" and involves both Kala-Nemi and Cerberus attacking at once.

Espada

I don't know why some people keep expecting Makoto and Shinjiro.
This is canon.

Some people like being disappointed, that's the only reason I can imagine why they'd keep hoping for those two.

Anyway, Koromaru looks great with that hoodie but Ken looks like Yukari wearing a male uniform.

I'm with everyone hoping the story is actually worth it this time around. P4A stretched out a 5 minute story out for hours.

FluxWaveZ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPuc9cgu3y4

Compare Akihiko's portrait when he's talking with the other characters in this video. In P4A, that yellow outline indicated whose storymode you were playing.

But how does that relate to P4AU? Does P4AU have colored outlines involving a specific character during dialogue?

Edit: It's inconsistent, apparently. Checking Rise's video, for example, she has the outline while she speaks, but Junpei's video does not.

bonercop

That's odd, yeah, now that you mention it.

Either way, the sources have already confirmed that it's an overall chapter structure. The official website confirms it itself.

Oh, I wasn't doubting that there is a P3 and a P4 chapter which are genuinely different. I just wouldn't completely rule out the possibility that there are 8 versions of the P3 episode story and 8 versions of the P4 episode story yet. Basically, I'm saying a character select screen could pop up after you choose one of those options.

That's odd, yeah, now that you mention it.

Oh, I wasn't doubting that there is a P3 and a P4 chapter which are genuinely different. I just wouldn't completely rule out the possibility that there are 8 versions of the P3 episode story and 8 versions of the P4 episode story yet. Basically, I'm saying a character select screen could pop up after you choose one of those options.

They already did the same story structure in BBCP, and there was no character select there. Hell like half the cast didn't get to be playable more than once if at all.

bahamut_24

Neo Member
Will we get Margaret and ryotaro/nanako :)P)? :O

Would be cool if they r playable, mostly Margaret i would like see
I am happy with roster :D
Would like see two characters from p3 but under circumstance they cannot ;_;

NEO0MJ

I'm surprised that they didn't change Koro much. I thought they were gonna make him more wolf-like.
The only character missing now is
Adachi. They can even recycle Izanagi for him

three years pass and ken looks twice his age

Puberty hit him hard, it's the only explanation. It spared his face, though.

FluxWaveZ

I still think that the story is somehow leading up to
Minato's (INEVITABLE, BELIEVE) return.
At the very least, if the story's split into P3 and P4 arcs, the P3 one will likely lead up to that event.

Maybe. I want to know what Theodore's doing there.

Kinda hoping there will be a few more surprises :)

One more new character would be neat, even though I'm fine with how the roster is now. Kokonoe was revealed only one month before BBCP's release, so there's still a chance.

At the very least, if the story's split into P3 and P4 arcs, the P3 one will likely lead up to that event.

he needs to be a completely secret character

kewlmyc

I love the character and would love to play him, but I really really don't want that to happen.

Espada

Honestly, I think they'd save that for P5. That's a pretty major event to relegate to a spin-off fighting game.

Top Bottom