• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ken Ham puts colored lights on his ark in bid to ‘take back’ rainbows from gay people

Status
Not open for further replies.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I came across this story on Raw Story.

uvs5GQw.jpg

The following is taken from Ham's website:

Our special Christmas event at the Ark Encounter started on Friday, December 16. We’ve decorated the whole Ark property, including Emzara’s Kitchen (our restaurant with lunch and dinner buffets), Ararat Ridge Zoo, and around the lake with beautiful Christmas lights. And, for added “wow factor,” we’ve lit the whole Ark in beautiful rainbow colors. It’s gorgeous at night!

Why Rainbow Colors?

Now most people even vaguely familiar with the Genesis Flood account know the rainbow is associated with the Ark. After the Flood, God made a covenant with Noah, his family, their descendants, and the living creatures on the Ark.

The sign of this covenant was the rainbow.
Even today the rainbow represents the “everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is on the earth” (Genesis 9:16).

The rainbow stands as a poignant reminder that God keeps His promises. Despite the wickedness in the world, God has not sent another global Flood to destroy all flesh.

Taking the Rainbow Back!

In recent times the rainbow (albeit with some different colors) has come to represent something far different. To many people it means freedom, love, pride, a new era, and, specifically, the LGBTQ movement. Indeed when the US Supreme Court legalized gay “marriage” last year, the White House was lit up in rainbow colors and released a statement saying,

Tonight, the White House was lit to demonstrate our unwavering commitment to progress and equality, here in America and around the world. . . . The pride colors reflect the diversity of the LGBT community, and tonight, these colors celebrate a new chapter in the history of American civil rights.

But the rainbow itself wasn’t designed to be a symbol of freedom, love, pride, or the LGBTQ movement. God created this beautiful, colorful phenomenon and designated it as a sign of His covenant with Noah and his descendants forever.

Sadly, people ignore what God intended the rainbow to represent and proudly wave rainbow-colored flags in defiance of God’s command and design for marriage. Because of this, many Christians shy away from using the rainbow colors. But the rainbow was a symbol of God’s promises before the LGBTQ movement—and will continue to be after that movement has ended. As Christians, we need to take the rainbow back and teach our young people its true meaning.

FStop7

Banned
This is someone whose life absolutely sucks. That's the only type of person who goes to such batshit lengths to rationalize something.

GhostBed

But the rainbow itself wasn’t designed to be a symbol of freedom, love, pride, or the LGBTQ movement. God created this beautiful, colorful phenomenon and designated it as a sign of His covenant with Noah and his descendants forever.

Haven't facepalmed this hard in a while.

Fuck this idiot.

Actually, that little ship was covered in rainbow colors cause God only wanted to save LGBTQ community from homophobes like the guy who tried to rationalize this.

Oppo

well he's kind of got a point.

to paraphrase Dimitry Martin: "I've never seen a group of people claim the entire visible spectrum as a logo. Pretty greedy, gays."

the rainbow itself wasn't "designed"... - what a dumb hill to die on

Breads

Banned
That looks awesome.

He is a monster.

:edit:

Coming from his debates and world wide efforts. Not because of this. Though the "except the gays" part of the acknowledgement of the alleged god's covenant is cringeworthy.

Wait. I thought Ken Ham was the guy in the red sweater who wasn't entirely decided on whether he should vote for Trump or for Hillary, and became a meme for a while?

I tried to look up "fat guy who supports trump", but all I'm getting is a picture of Chris Christie with a box of Steak-Umm's shoved down his mouth.

I mixed Ken Ham up with the sweater question guy from the town hall thing. Moderate levels of confusion prevailed for a few moments.

edit: Ok, glad I wasn't alone on that.

Joyful

Wait. I thought Ken Ham was the guy in the red sweater who wasn't entirely decided on whether he should vote for Trump or for Hillary, and became a meme for a while?

I tried to look up "fat guy who supports trump", but all I'm getting is a picture of Chris Christie with a box of Steak-Umm's shoved down his mouth.

nah that was ken bone

Is this the same ark that has the animatronic dinosaurs on the ark? Because that alone should disqualify anything this person/company does.

Alucrid

Banned

I think that guy's name was Ham Bone

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
This is one of those absolutely clueless moves that Ham expects is rather brilliant and sticking it to a community he doesn't agree with or like. However this is going to backfire I think as its basically only going to highlight the rainbow further as a symbol of LGTBQ pride instead of making some clever subversive statement. He wants to make the rainbow about religion again but all he is doing is making the ark far more gay in the process. This is basically Randal from Clerks 2 trying to take the term porch monkey back for white folks on a larger scale.

I'm confused.

Was the rainbow a straight symbol originally? I always thought it represented the diversity and the reason why it was co-opted by the LGBT community....

What we need now

is to go visit this 'Ken Ham'

And we'll knock, display great awe at this ark, and then say 'It's such a cool Gay symbol, thanks for supporting the Gay community!' and then just walk away before he explains anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom