• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

kermit.gif: Dragon Quest Press Event in Japan [DQIX = 28/3, 5980yen, DQX = Wii]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teknoman

Y2Kev said:
DQSwords has it, so I bet they will. Maybe some gesturing for like super attacks.

Hmm I wouldnt mind that. Wish I could find DQVII NA for a good price though. Only way i'll ever get to play that is if they do a port, PSN release, or remake.

Pojo

Banned
manueldelalas said:
NMH2 is the proof you are wrong; while the original game didn't set any chart on fire, it sold enough to warrant a sequel and gained the title of the best selling Suda game.
Maybe because it was the only good one?

I am going to piss off a lot of people. :p

DCharlie

Banned
Looks beautiful in motion! Nothing looks good in screens for Wii.

erm - i'd say the other way round - in screens it made it look a lot better.
But in person - it didn't look too hot (to me at least)

anyways, going Wii makes sense, but for me personally? i'd prefer the game was going a slightly different direction.

ReiGun

Ben Pierce said:
seinfieldgetsupandwalksout.gif
:lol Guess I got a little carried away ha

Septimus

Night_Trekker said:
sweet :D

I actually hope they use the DQVIII engine <3
Me too. The world map in 8 is still fucking impressive to this day. Pointer is gonna be sweet for the menu and customizing but please please do NOT have any waggle combat!

cvxfreak

I wonder if SE will do something with DQVII and DQVIII so Nintendo gamers can get into those.

DQVII seems like it has a decent chance coming to DS.

Jigsaw

Banned
the game comes out in...2011? and will look worse than valkyria chronicles,eternal sonata & tales of vesperia...wow

since square is multiplatform now,i hope for an hd version :\

bdouble

Teknoman said:
Oh it will. Dunno where some people come out of left field with the idea that the Wii is somehow weaker than the PS2.

I think its more ridiculous that they think SE won't push the hardware technically. I've been saying since FFCCCB was announced that it will probably be one of the best looking Wii games no matter when its released. Same goes for this.

Jigsaw said:
the game comes out in...2011? and will look worse than valkyria chronicles,eternal sonata & tales of vesperia...wow

makes me want to take advice from you av.

Pojo said:
Why not do a retro remake like MM9?

Which was awesome, so you agree with me?

Pojo said:
Good graphics never hurt anyone.

So a game needs to have "technically" good graphics to have "good graphics"? I said that I'd prefer it to be on the same level as Dragon Quest VIII. Having cutting edge graphics would seem like an inconsistent overkill.

AniHawk

I don't think DQX would take such a long time to make. They have DQVIII and DQS to work off of. Still, probably 2-3 years off at this point.

Jigsaw said:

Hope is a nice thing.

Evlar

Banned
So some of us have been discussing these past few days how none of the "AAA" third-party developers are working on Wii. How's that argument proceeding, eh?

EDIT: I see Link conceded back on page 10. Good show!

donny2112

cvxfreak said:
DQVII seems like it has a decent chance coming to DS.

Not anymore. If they're going to remake it, Enix is too smart to pass up putting it on the Wii to prepare the way for DQX. I don't think DQVIII will get remade, yet, since it's only a generation behind, though.

Jirotrom

Jigsaw said:

it will most likely be cel-shaded, and quite honestly the cel-shaded games look just fine regardless the system.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Septimus said:
Me too. The world map in 8 is still fucking impressive to this day. Pointer is gonna be sweet for the menu and customizing but please please do NOT have any waggle combat!

Or worse, waggle QTEs.

Trust your S-E overlords!

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Jigsaw said:

:lol :lol

Keep 'em coming

I'm disappointed. I would have preferred this to be on the PS3 so that it could have taken advantage of its hardware. Looks like I'll have to get a Wii now. Hopefully there will be a price drop by the time this comes out.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Jigsaw said:

Oh yes this is why I'm staying up so late. :lol

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
perfectchaos007 said:
My first FF game was FFIII on DS. I also played around in FFX and FFIX, but didn't get into it.

Well, I'll suggest Chrono Trigger if you like a relaxing RPG (it's great, on the easy side).

Also you should try DQ4, as DQ games are much different from FFs, if you don't like DQ4, you should give up on the series.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Is now a bad time to point out that whole PantherLotus "the Wii will get huge Japanese Exclusives, but not Western" thing?

I got banned for that shit by people that didn't want to hear it. Too soon?

donny2112

Evlar said:
So some of us have been discussing these past few days how none of the "AAA" third-party developers are working on Wii. How's that argument proceeding, eh?

Edit: Oh, you're talking about Link. :lol

Japanese developers have been much smarter this generation when it comes to recognizing, and planning to take advantage of, the Wii's dominance. Western pubs, for all their technical know-how, are seriously lacking much in the way of business sense.

jts

...hate me...
Jigsaw said:

3rdtransgaf.png

Do it.

Jirotrom

perfectchaos007 said:
My first FF game was FFIII on DS. I also played around in FFX and FFIX, but didn't get into it.
cant say much for FFIII but i'll tell you out of all the FF games I've played FFX is my least favorite followed by FF9, as a matter of fact i truly dislike those games.

Jonnyram

Real talk. I wonder why they decided to move from DS to Wii, given the anticipation for IX and the huge userbase difference?

Possible ideas:
- not satisfied with the quality of the game they put on DS (held back by hardware limitations)
- not enough profit margins when considering DS cart cost, even if the sales are double
- money hats

Oh and Wada basically said the game (DQIX) is done now and he's relieved it's over. So we just have to wait three months for cart production :/

Evlar said:

EDIT: I see Link conceded back on page 10. Good show!
I tried to tell everyone that we were in a transition stage, but they didn't believe me.

bdouble

PantherLotus said:
Is now a bad time to point out that whole PantherLotus "the Wii will get huge Japanese Exclusives, but not Western" thing?

I think its been pretty obvious that the Wii would get more announcements like this after MH and Tales Mothership. Plus pretty much all the smaller titles announced by 3rd parties this last year. People just forget about most of them but you can't miss DQ and MH.

Jirotrom

PantherLotus said:

you got banned for that:lol :lol :lol Im still waiting for the Kingdom Hearts 3 announcement.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Jigsaw said:

::Looks at post history::

oh this should be good

DQX has gotta be far off. Like late 2010 the earliest. I can't imagine Square Enix putting out consecutive installments even relatively close to each other.

And if DQX really does come out in 2010/11, well, I feel better about WiiHD's backwards compatible status.

(just had a crazy thought)
what if DQX WAS for WiiHD? That would be the killingest launch title of all time!

PantherLotus said:

The Conduit!

Jirotrom

PantherLotus said:

you got banned for that:lol :lol :lol Im still waiting for the Kingdom Hearts 3 announcement.

Jigsaw said:

Don't worry, it will be delayed and be a launch title for Wii HD. But the Wii version will still come out too.

Pojo

Banned
Flying_Phoenix said:
So a game needs to have "technically" good graphics to have "good graphics"? I said that I'd prefer it to be on the same level as Dragon Quest VIII. Having cutting edge graphics would seem like an inconsistent overkill.
The closer they get to Toriyama's art, the better. Games like Valkyrie On the Battlefield and Naruto Ninja Storm are just the tip of the iceberg. Can you imagine a cel-shaded game on the PS3 with DQs budget? Absolutely breathtaking, I'm sure.

Mr.Wuggles

Neo Member
Jonnyram said:
Real talk. I wonder why they decided to move from DS to Wii, given the anticipation for IX and the huge userbase difference?

Possible ideas:
- not satisfied with the quality of the game they put on DS (held back by hardware limitations)
- not enough profit margins when considering DS cart cost, even if the sales are double
- money hats

Oh and Wada basically said the game (DQIX) is done now and he's relieved it's over. So we just have to wait three months for cart production :/

i think it just goes with the pattern... there's been 1 DQ per system/generation ever since DQVII.

Regulus Tera said:
Oh yes this is why I'm staying up so late. :lol

Cmon now there is not hurt in hoping for an HD version. It'll look fine in SD and if they keep it simple and use what little more power they have correctly it should be ok in HD.

Why they decided to go exclusive is what is more interesting. I'd go as far as to say a port is likely at some point if waggle isn't a huge part of the gameplay. More platforms = more money and it shouldn't be a hard port.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
HyperZone<3 said:
DQX has gotta be far off. Like late 2010 the earliest. I can't imagine Square Enix putting out consecutive installments even relatively close to each other.

And if DQX really does come out in 2010/11, well, I feel better about WiiHD's backwards compatible status.

(just had a crazy thought)
what if DQX WAS for WiiHD? That would be the killingest launch title of all time!

Dude, the Wii sold 800k units during Thanksgiving. Do you seriously believe a WiiHD will be out by 2011?

I'm not saying it will not happen, but that's too soon.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
Jonnyram said:

Possible ideas:
- money hats

- Piracy
- To see the meltdowns

Bebpo

Banned
Jonnyram said:

Possible ideas:
- money hats

Most likely: Because by 2011/2012 the DS will be a dead system as the DS2 will be out. Wii just started so it's got another 3-4 years in it no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom