• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kevin Hart to those offended by his 1 year old son's Cowboys and Indians B-Day party

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
My first thought reading the OP was: I bet Native Americans don't really care about this and it's just (predominantly) white people playing the Offended Olympics.

Yep.
When it comes to this kind of stuff, I guarantee there are more pity party white people being offended than the targeted race caring about it.
It's one of those odd things where a potential situation arises, and some reason SJW (often oddly white people) come racing down main street trying to be galactic protectors for everyone when nobody asked in the first place.

You are exactly right my friend. I see this day in and day out. I'm 100% white, but cynical and have a rebellious streak. So I can smell this kind of behavior in people a mile away, and it's extremely common these days.

I would even go one step further and say this is how they hang onto their own privilege (whether they consciously realize it or not). White politically correct people ostensibly concerned about others' well-being and vocal about it create their own class. You can't be a part of their class unless you're willing to shout from the rooftops how much you care about not offending minorities or any protected class. The more you do, the cooler you get.
I don’t hate those White folks just to be clear. I’m sure they mean well. But they are acting like our lawyers... we didn’t hire them.

When people talk about how White people try to take everything from you, they’re not talking about socks and shoes. It’s about things like this, trying to take our outrage. As if we (or other groups) aren’t smart enough to speak up. Or are unable to.

If you want to support us in a fight, you have to get behind us not in front.

Edit. When I say White people, I’m talking about the PC people. Perhaps I should have just said that. But at least imo the PC people are majority White. Hope all that makes sense.

Last edited:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
I’m not meaning to sound shitty or racist Gaf but it seems that the majority of those outraged are White people with smart phones lol. That they are trying to be co signers to others outrage but the others aren’t even willing to sign in the first place.

There is a huge difference between someone supporting your fight and someone highjacking your fight. However that’s not a good way to say it because it’s not a issue we are attempting to fight in the first place.

White guilt + internet = Pc People... imo

A lot of the Native American issues you hear about like Washington Redskins or Indian Halloween costumes aren’t on any Native American minds. Unless there has been new poll I haven’t seen.

Actual issues that are important like conditions on reservations never seem to make anyone’s twitter feed smh. You know, actual complex issues that can’t be solved be simply shaking at a keyboard or doxxing another twitter user.
Why deal with actual issues native people are legitmately concerned with when they can have a twitter virtue signalling outrage party over important shit like Halloween costumes and kids birthday parties.

Fbh

Why deal with actual issues native people are legitmately concerned with when they can have a twitter virtue signalling outrage party over important shit like Halloween costumes and kids birthday parties.

This is my main issue with most online outrages about stuff like this.
Actually doing something to help a group of people deal with the actual problems they face? Nah, too much work.
Starting a social media outrage on their behalf about some kids birthday party? Count me in!!.

It's about as fake as one can be as a person and one of the main reasons I almost don't use social media.

Sacred

One of my favorite comedians and glad to see him tell it like it is. Also how is him fearing his kid growing up gay homophobic??

I guess we are just supposed to encourage it and embrace it with our kids now..

Last edited:

Zangiefy360

Banned
Another one bites the dust. Live by the SJW, ruin your career by the SJW.

From August at the VMAs:

“But at this game, you guys can kneel. You can do whatever the hell you want. There’s no old white man that can stop you,” Hart said, alluding to Trump and his criticism over NFL players “taking a knee” as a form of protest during the National Anthem. In response to Trump’s repeated slamming of NFL players who refuse to stand during the anthem, the NFL adopted a policy that players would be fined if they did so. The league, along with the NFL Players Association later suspended the rule, pending further review.

Hart got in a second jab at Trump a bit later, saying, “You never know what’s going to happen at the VMAs. I mean, beefs pop off, bad language, people sending out crazy tweets. It’s basically like your typical day at the White House. In your face, Trump — suck it!”

To yesterday:

DarkestHour

Banned
As a Native, I’ve never been offended by this. Are Natives even offended by this? Did you even ask us? Did you just assume we cared?

Good for you Kevin. Tell them to kindly fuck off.

Seems like the only people ever offended by anything are those that have nothing to do with it.

Last edited:

HeadsUp7Up

After James Gunn I’m still surprised people haven’t went through and scrubbed their social media accounts. Heck I did mine when I was in college almost ten years ago because we knew back then employers would look at your Facebook.

Fox Mulder

Why even have unfiltered social media if you have anything to lose. Bored losers will weaponize 10 year old posts while saying other people shouldn't do that to celebrities they like.

Sites like Facebook are banning lots of content because they don't want to deal with the bullshit anymore.

Last edited:

megamerican

I just hope they can get a real comedian like Ellen back. Even many years later I still crack up thinking of that bit where she ordered a pizza and then took a selfie.

Last edited:

cryptoadam

Banned
Its time that celebrities destroyed their twitters. Get some college intern or bot to post crap to your twitter so you have a social media presence. Nothing will good will come from you tweeting. No one cares about your good tweets. But if you make an offensive tweet, could be 1 tweet out of a million someone somewhere has that shit screenshoted ready to go.

Moneal

Wonder why the article title doesn't include the word again after apologize, since he already apologized years ago?

The article even uses his quote where he references it.

"I passed on the apology. The reason why I passed is because I’ve addressed this several times," he said. "This is not the first time this has come up. I’ve addressed it. I’ve spoken on it. I’ve said where the rights and wrongs were. I’ve said who I am now versus who I was then. I’ve done it. I’ve done it. I’m not going to continue to go back and tap into the days of old, when I’ve moved on and I’m in a completely different space in my life.

ILLtown

Him stepping down is not evidence of him being a homophobe. In fact, if you read what he actually said, he clearly rebuts the idea that he's homophobic.

Klondyke

Banned
That was literally the first article i found when Googled, if you really want To read the tweets, you can find them with ease. The man is a homophobe.

If you say you dont want your son being a homosoexual, you are a homophobe, no excuses after comments like that.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
That was literally the first article i found when Googled, if you really want To read the tweets, you can find them with ease. The man is a homophobe.

If you say you dont want your son being a homosoexual, you are a homophobe, no excuses after comments like that.

That doesn't make you homophobic. He never said he would love his son any less, nor did he state that he had an issue with homosexuals. You are projecting your own failings onto his words.

MoFuzz

He made comments on Twitter almost a decade ago, but for some reason, he needs to be held accountable for his words in 2018? The only reason I see this being an issue now is because he was announced as the host of the Oscars earlier in the week.

How odd that the Hollywood types came to the defense of James Gunn after his tweets were similarly exposed from years past, which indicated a certain affinity for rape, child abuse, and pedophilia. Whether he did so tongue-in-cheek or not is arguable, but he was fired from the MCU regardless. In contrast, the outcry here seems to come from remarks said on stage during a comedy bit, and yet he gets no slack whatsoever.

Haven't the Oscars been slammed in the past few years for being too "white?" Why should those same groups pat themselves on the back for removing a black man as the host of the awards show? Shouldn't he be the poster boy for the all important social causes of wokeness and diversity?

Holding people up to ridiculously high moral standards and then displaying an inability to remain consistent with the reasons for outrage in each case sure is confusing. Good thing I have mainstream outlets and social media around, telling me what to think.

Last edited:

Zangiefy360

Banned
He made comments on Twitter almost a decade ago, but for some reason, he needs to be held accountable for his words in 2018? The only reason I see this being an issue now is because he was announced as the host of the Oscars earlier in the week.

How odd that the Hollywood types came to the defense of James Gunn after his tweets were similarly exposed from years past, which indicated a certain affinity for rape, child abuse, and pedophilia. Whether he did so tongue-in-cheek or not is arguable, but he was fired from the MCU regardless. In contrast, the outcry here seems to come from remarks said on stage during a comedy bit, and yet he gets no slack whatsoever.

Haven't the Oscars been slammed in the past few years for being too "white?" Why should those same groups pat themselves on the back for removing a black man as the host of the awards show? Shouldn't he be the poster boy for the all important social causes of wokeness and diversity?

Holding people up to ridiculously high moral standards and then displaying an inability to remain consistent with the reasons for outrage in each case sure is confusing. Good thing I have mainstream outlets and social media around, telling me what to think.

Yeah, it's really dumb, but character assassination is the game of choice for the left. They thought they perfected it to take out political or social enemies at will, but someone turned friendly fire off. Now people part of the protected classes like Kevin Hart, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Lena Dunham, James Gunn, and much more are dropping like flies.

It's damn entertaining but really sad to watch.

Top Bottom