• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kevin McCallister is a total sociopath in Home Alone 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
dED6PgK.gif

magnetic

We watched 2 recently and I remember finding the violence weirdly out of place. I guess it was a different time, but it felt so gruesome and uncomfortable while also rather boring.

I have zero problems with violence as a slapstick device, but it was so weirdly celebratory. I remember liking the movie as a kid, so that really surprised me.

We also watched Flubber recently and that one bad guy gets hit in the head with high speed bowling/golf balls multiple times during the movie, something that would instantly kill you. The movie was so obviously aimed at children that that part felt completely out of place.

The generic "getting hit in the balls and saying mommy with a distressed face" is something I associate with the same time period of movies.

Ithil

Daniel Stern being electrocuted still gets me every time. The little squeal that he does is flawless.

When he kicks in the front door but fails to notice the two storey drop in front of him

"Harry, I've reached the top!"

steps forward

"Wooo-uuh!"

Plummets

Great slapstick.

I was also amused to learn his hilarious screech when the tarantula is dropped on his face is ADR'd, as if he'd screamed on set, he'd have scared the spider off his face, so he's just making the motion of screaming but keeping silent.

Paltheos

But that's the thing. They abandon the chase in Central Park, but Kevin actually goes after them when he overhears them wanting to rob Duncan's Toy Store.

Instead of going to the fucking police, he decides to become a vigilante and do it his own way, luring them to that house and fucking them up. He had every opportunity to avoid this, but he was so turned on by hurting these guys that he could care less about doing things the right way.

This actually brings up a point - Kevin might be scared to go to the police. He was chased from the hotel after committing something he knows is a major crime. He could of course provide an anonymous tip, but maybe he's not confident enough the police will follow up on it.

Ornament trap is still the GOAT https://youtu.be/dKmN2e9UXOY?t=2m5s

Btw OP, you forgot to the ridiculous amount of charges he put on his dads CC. Plaza Hotel Suite that's easily 1k a night, mini bar, 1k in room service, limo rides, lengthy cab rides, toys, and his own damn large cheese pizza. Dude was insane.

jesus christ. Trump is everywhere, even in my childhood past.

Thinking about this cameo after current events has just about ruined this movie for me.

Ornament trap is still the GOAT https://youtu.be/dKmN2e9UXOY?t=2m5s

Btw OP, you forgot to the ridiculous amount of charges he put on his dads CC. Plaza Hotel Suite that's easily 1k a night, mini bar, 1k in room service, limo rides, lengthy cab rides, toys, and his own damn large cheese pizza. Dude was insane.

"Kevin!! You spent nine hundred and sixty-seven dollars on room service?!"

wildfire

Banned
Home Alone 2 is objectively better than Home Alone 1 (which is also great). Fight me if you think otherwise.

My brother and I combined our finances to buy ourselves a Talk Boy after we saw that movie. It didn't work as well as the one in the movie but it was still pretty sweet.

Home alone 2 is better like Age of Ultron was better than Avengers. It was a solid refinement.

I mean he enjoyed his revenge sure, but had he not escaped from them in the park by grabbing that chicks butt he they would have killed him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom