• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kickstarter: Star Wars Open World RPG

Kssio_Aug

I need your help. I am not a very good programmer, and I'm an even worst artist. I want to put this project into the hands of professionals, but in order to do that I need money to hire them.

The game and story will also have a lot of choice. You will be able to choose which side you would like to be on. You can be evil and reside on the Darkside and rule the galaxy as you wish, or you could also bring peace about the galaxy. Both in their own respects have their perks.

What the fuck! LoL

Spacejaws

Im struggling with 'this is no 1995/2005 game made in a month" comment.

Does he think that the old DOS games were only made in a month?

Ok, ok easy misconception I guess, but what about KOTOR made in 2003? Guy seems to have no clue...

True Fire

UWinPHo.jpg

week-in-review-channing-tatum-laughing-1.gif

willoneill

Neo Member
Godspeed, Devin - backed at $5, with a $2 surcharge for postage. Wondering if a $10 contribution for the 'bigger pockets' version of the letter would've required extra for shipping.

This reminds me of when I was 7 and my friend and I decided to build a massive underground clubhouse complete with running water, so we started digging in his backyard with spoons.

This really is the 21st century equivalent to that, yes. Which makes me think Devin is either massively lying about his age, or he might need to up the dosage on his prescription medication.

It's still endearing, but sadly reality has no interest in fostering such wide-eyed naivety.

Im struggling with 'this is no 1995/2005 game made in a month" comment.

Does he think that the old DOS games were only made in a month?

Ok, ok easy misconception I guess, but what about KOTOR made in 2003? Guy seems to have no clue...

I almost want to pledge in order to directly start a communication with him.

Mikeside

"We don't need the license or any programming/art experience to make a Star Wars RPG like the Witcher 3... We'll use the FORCE!"

"That's not how the force works!"

Brainsaw

Neo Member
Guys, I found it! I hacked his PC and found some major parts of the story:

• Protagonist is called Devin Ade Lee Rippt
  • Player needs to collect funds to build a starship (much better looking than Alinuminum Falcon) so he can reach the stars. Hyperdrive may or may not be present.
  • After getting the funds the player needs to recruit a pilot, navigstor and mechanic because he's a bad pilot and even worse at building starships.
  • After collecting all the money, the player discovers that a few investors are actually bad guys and steal his money.
  • Risks: no life support onboard.

Psoelberg

This is almost sad.... But: good luck with the project. A Witcher inspired Star Wars truly would be wonderful. But this is not really how game making works. Sorry.

Yeah, that doesn't help anything bud. You can't just slap stars Wars on the title and hope to make money. It should be "Open World Science Fanasty Rpg". With Star Wars listed as primary inspiration. This guy, I just can't.

Yeah, that doesn't help anything bud. You can't just slap stars Wars on the title and hope to make money. It should be "Open World Science Fanasty Rpg". With Star Wars listed as primary inspiration. This guy, I just can't.

Meanwhile at Disney

Lawyer #1: PREPARE TO SUE

*Man bursts in through door*

Lawyer #2: Wait! He added the word "Like" next to Star Wars!

Lawyer #1: Curses! Our one weakness!

Piercator

Banned
After all those Kickstarters projects it's hard to believe these shitty pledge options. Not even a digital copy or delivery out of US? No special or collectors editions? Journey to studio or release closed party? Not even a shirt?! No image or video?

WTF!!

Unbelievable

I don't recommend it at all. It's full of smaller indie games asking for less with better presentation or credibility

adj_noun

Wait

hold the phone is this new
Pre Intro: This whole project was created solely by me, Devin Tripp. I do not have permission from Disney to create this game as of now. Disney has no part of this as of now. I have received a reply from Disney telling me to ask Lucas Films.

Top Bottom