• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kickstarter: Star Wars Open World RPG

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I got some OC for this Kickstarter visionary.

tumblr_lywry34Qay1qgjc2jo1_500.jpg

Ranmo

I look away for 5 minutes, and now its at 17k. I thought it would stop by now but its actually just the beginning.

Hahaha this is so excellent!

Oh, it has over $17,000 pledged already? I don't even...what's the point of life.
Jack-Donaghy-Pouring-Alcohol-Loop-30-Rock.gif

Edit: Who is this Devin Tripp guy? Just some kid who likes video games?

Shenmue

Banned
Man so many you guys will feel bad when you find out this was some guy with developmental problems or disabilities just trying to live out his dreams.

KoopaTheCasual

$1 Thank you tier (thank you)

$10 I will personally say expelliarmys whilethinking of you

$50 You will get a postcard with your name writen on the back

$100 You get to pick from the game or the book or the CCG and I will send you updates about that product's development straight from the dev tem

$1000 U can get an early copy of the game or book or CCG pick one I will send it yo your house

$5000 DEV TIER (20/20) you can write for the game and maybe playtest

$5000 DEV TIER (20/20) you can make graphics and maybe playtest

$5000 DEV TIER (20/20) you can make cards and maybe playtest

$10000 you can RENAME A CHARACTER FROM HARRY POTTER this is a big one so the cost is equal if I have to name harry potter Fartty Pooter I will want something to omensate me
I'm in for making graphics.

Sign me up, sir.

GavinUK86

Pre Intro: This whole project was created solely by me, Devin Tripp. I do not have permission from Disney to create this game as of now. Disney has no part of this as of now. I have received a reply from Disney telling me to ask Lucas Films.

Uh huh.

Tenrius

He could have set a goal of $10k or $20k and it would have been funded by now.

Also his "about the creator" section:

I too have owned clothing, much of it.

But the most hilarious thing about it is "obi one Kinobi". Dude, seriously?

$1 Thank you tier (thank you)

$10 I will personally say expelliarmys whilethinking of you

$50 You will get a postcard with your name writen on the back

$100 You get to pick from the game or the book or the CCG and I will send you updates about that product's development straight from the dev tem

$1000 U can get an early copy of the game or book or CCG pick one I will send it yo your house

$5000 DEV TIER (20/20) you can write for the game and maybe playtest

$5000 DEV TIER (20/20) you can make graphics and maybe playtest

$5000 DEV TIER (20/20) you can make cards and maybe playtest

$10000 you can RENAME A CHARACTER FROM HARRY POTTER this is a big one so the cost is equal if I have to name harry potter Fartty Pooter I will want something to omensate me

I'll pledge $50 for the postcard tier.

Man so many you guys will feel bad when you find out this was some guy with developmental problems or disabilities just trying to live out his dreams.

All this sounds and reads like something I would've done in the sixth grade. Actually I'm pretty sure I did do something similar in the sixth grade, but I didn't ask for money.

DJKhaled

Hahaha can't believe people are backing this, looks like a complete scam and even if it isn't Disney will shut it down so quick.

Sterok

Should've been a Star Wars Musou-like game so that I could've crossed off another one of my 2016 predictions.

I feel like Kickstarter is becoming the new Greenlight.

Also, watch this get funded and people panic as they lose their money.

I feel like Kickstarter is becoming the new Greenlight.

Also, watch this get funded and people panic as they lose their money.

Just what I was thinking.

I won't support this, but I find it heartening for someone to pursue their dream. Even if it's an impossible dream, like start off with making a small game before you try to go make big budget games.

Peltz

I want to see this get funded and approved by Disney just to see this 20 year old try to realize his dream with 200k.

Top Bottom