• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kickstarter Thread | List of gaming kickstarts

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was cancelled in order to start over from scratch; the new version is at http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/subgames/rob-swigarts-portal-1986-reborn-v20

Oh thanks, I had no idea. Updated. :)

Wow poor Squad Wars developers! That's gotta sting.

I accidentally marked it as "failed". oops. But I guess that isn't exactly far from the truth. :S

if self-promotion is okay, can I toss my Paper Knight's Story to the pile?
RPG, Turn-Based, Paper Mario inspired.

Updated too. Goodluck!

Maybe if some moderator is reading this, they could copy and past my list to the front page?

Aselith

The game is free.
Early access is a reward for backers since, y'know, they're the ones who are funding it.

For $25. It's even worse if the game is free. Should've been like $10 at most. 25 is silly.

Edit: Oh sorry didn't know you were the dev. lol But still yeah might want to lower that a bit.

No offense meant I'd have guarded my comments a bit if I had known you were on here.

MrBud360

I never said either.

I said that blind faith is bad. Not trust.

Blind Faith?? What you talking about man?. Get out of here. I'm a grow man, a Computer engineer, Master degree in Computer Graphics. I played every single Jane`s Jensen Game since Sierra. If i could pick just one game to be made, would be a game made by her. I have, a Xbox 360, a Wii, a Geforce 570 with 100 steam games, one apartment, one new Civic. All bought with my money. I know what i'm doing. I dont need a Troll opinion. Jane is the best game designer ever, in my opinion. Sorry if don't like her games. For me they are life changing experiences. And we are at 400K, almost 450K, the good times are back. Go 450K!!!!

13 hours left!!! HELP!
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1005365109/jane-jensens-pinkerton-road-2012-2013-csg

udivision

For $25. It's even worse if the game is free. Should've been like $10 at most. 25 is silly.

Edit: Oh sorry didn't know you were the dev. lol But still yeah might want to lower that a bit.

Alright, switched the $10 and $25 ones. Thankfully everyone has funded $25 or more so there won't be any issues since lower price rewards come with the higher donations.

I'm open to suggestions, but how they're suggested matters too...

EDIT: Ah, okay.

Aselith

Alright, switched the $10 and $25 ones. Thankfully everyone has funded $25 or more so there won't be any issues since lower price rewards come with the higher donations.

EDIT: Ah, okay.

Yeah sorry man. I really wasn't trying to be a dick to you. I clicked the link without reading and then well...you know the rest.

Apologies for the form my objection took but I'll make a donation to make it up to you! :p

Blind Faith?? What you talking about man?. Get out of here. I'm a grow man, a Computer engineer, Master degree in Computer Graphics. I played every single Jane`s Jensen Game since Sierra. If i could pick just one game to be made, would be a game made by her. I have, a Xbox 360, a Wii, a Geforce 570 with 100 steam games, one apartment, one new Civic. All bought with my money. I know what i'm doing. I dont need a Troll opinion. Jane is the best game designer ever, in my opinion.

Okay, okay, I get it. Your balls have dropped and you have bought expensive things with money.

I'm not personally attacking you or your idol. Jesus. I got no idea why you think you need to prove yourself to me over my opinion.

Michan

I know this isn't related to gaming, but it's something I hope some people might find interesting.

The campaign I am running along with a friend is coming to an end. There is still quite a way to go, but we have hope!

We're building a community for artists that does things a little differently, including reducing the risk of copyright infringement on high resolution works and creating new types of interactions between artists. Please take a look at our video to see some of these things in action.

Any support you can give us during this last two days would be fantastically appreciated.

We're over at http://www.indiegogo.com/anipan

Thanks, guys!

That almost seems worse. $15 for wallpapers? (once you take into account the $10 for game access)

A lot of your rewards seem to be the kind of things kickstarters usually put on the low tier. But you have them pretty expensive. Especially for a project that is only asking for $1000.

Wallpapers should be $5 max, credits should be for anyone who donates, game at $10.

You also don't really explain what the "cheat codes" are for. It's just "you get something". Should be something in your "about this project" where you detail all the rewards. They'd also make more sense as some sort of DLC. "Cheat codes" sound like something everyone will get eventually.

Likewise the OST isn't a very attractive offer when you don't make any mention of what you plan to do soundtrack-wise in game. Doing it yourself? Hiring someone? Do they/you have any experience making game music?

udivision

That almost seems worse. $15 for wallpapers? (once you take into account the $10 for game access)

A lot of your rewards seem to be the kind of things kickstarters usually put on the low tier. But you have them pretty expensive. Especially for a project that is only asking for $1000.

Wallpapers should be $5 max, credits should be for anyone who donates, game at $10.

You also don't really explain what the "cheat codes" are for. It's just "you get something". Should be something in your "about this project" where you detail all the rewards. They'd also make more sense as some sort of DLC. "Cheat codes" sound like something everyone will get eventually.

Likewise the OST isn't a very attractive offer when you don't make any mention of what you plan to do soundtrack-wise in game. Doing it yourself? Hiring someone? Do they/you have any experience making game music?

I don't think going into a little more detail about some of the rewards would hurt, so I'll make that.

The game is free though. It says so in the second sentence under the video.
From the projects we've looked at, it's really hard to gauge what's appropriate. This is kind of compounded by it being freeware, so even comparable projects will different

I don't think "Secret/Legendary Equipment" is the same as "you get something" and in an unreleased game, "Secret/Legendary Equipment" has as much meaning as "Sword of Blinding Darkness."

The OST is something we're making ourselves. I can see how that isn't completely clear in the about section though.

Everyone will get the cheat codes eventually if the people who spent their own money to get them decide to share the codes themselves, something I don't mind or would try to stop them from doing.

Oh, also you have "early access to game demo" and "digital copy of game months before release" at the same estimated delivery date but radically different prices.

Teknoman

It looks pretty cool and a more JRPG style universe using the paper mario style sounds nice, but the framerate seems a little off...unless its just the video.

udivision

Oh, also you have "early access to game demo" and "digital copy of game months before release" at the same estimated delivery date but radically different prices.

You're right about the date, so it's been fixed.

But in one case you get the finished game and in the other you get the demo and creative input: a chance to better influence the final product and have more say over what you want to see from it.

It looks pretty cool and a more JRPG style universe using the paper mario style sounds nice, but the framerate seems a little off...unless its just the video.
Yea, that's a video issue. I haven't found a way to record video without losing half the frame rate.

jrDev

You can post a link to it in this thread, you can't start a new thread about it.
Hmm...I asked duckroll and this is the response I got:

Originally Posted by jrDev:
Hello,

I would like to know if I can post my project that I have up on Kickstarter in the kickstarter thread.

Let me know please.

Thanks.
duckroll said:
Probably not a good idea. We don't allow self-promotion here. If you want to share your project with the community here, maybe you can PM EviLore to ask for permission. Thanks.

It's a gray area, I think. Feep didn't make the official Sequence thread, but he sure as hell made the "I'm giving away free keys" thread.

jrDev

It's a gray area, I think. Feep didn't make the official Sequence thread, but he sure as hell made the "I'm giving away free keys" thread.
So you think I should just post the link? I'm not planning to make a thread (I couldnt anyway) but I don't want to be banned by EviLore or some other mod... :-/

Edit: although the name is in my avatar so you can just search on kickstarter for it...

So you think I should just post the link? I'm not planning to make a thread (I couldnt anyway) but I don't want to be banned by EviLore or some other mod... :-/

Edit: although the name is in my avatar so you can just search on kickstarter for it...

Well, I'm not a mod.

Aselith

Yay! Grim Dawn just finished with every single stretch goal unlocked!

Stretch goals:

[UNLOCKED] $350k - Dual wielding pistols (feature tech and new animation set)
[UNLOCKED] $360k - 25 extra pieces of unique item art
[UNLOCKED] $375k - Additional end-game boss monster (total of 2) lurking somewhere out there in the darkness for you to find...
[UNLOCKED] $385k - 25 more pieces of unique item art
[UNLOCKED] $400k - A new environment set that you'll get to decide on. We'll create a thread on the Grim Dawn forums to discuss ideas with fans, then select the best ideas and create a poll for you to vote the one you want most.
[UNLOCKED] $412k - 2 additional monster types (models and animations)
[UNLOCKED] $425k - Three large, high-level dungeons, each with its own theme and named hero monster. The dungeon entrances will randomly appear in the world.
[UNLOCKED] $450k - Savage two-handed melee weapons (includes animations and all the art required to create an entirely new item type)
[UNLOCKED] $465k - Additional end-game boss (total of 3) to encounter in some dark and dangerous corner of the world.
[UNLOCKED] $480k - New survivor town hidden in the remote wilderness for you to discover. Will include a new faction group and new quest-lines to unlock once you've gained their trust.
[UNLOCKED] $480.5k - New and higher-quality developer beer, as requested by many after the sad beer in Update #10. Surely this will help enhance the quality of all our work!
[UNLOCKED] $490k - 2 additional monster types (models and animations) and another 25 extra pieces of unique item art
[UNLOCKED] $500k - A new dungeon art-set with a choice of catacom... scratch that! Not exciting enough? Fans have suggesting visiting the Aetherial or Chthonic home-worlds and we're down for that! We'll post a thread on the forum to gather other ideas and then put it up to vote in a poll. ; )
[UNLOCKED] $520k - SURVIVAL MODE! We'll create a new gameplay mode that will be free for all backers (KS or Website Pre-order). In survival mode players will fight to stay alive against increasingly difficult waves of monsters. It will release sometime after the game so as not to delay development.
[UNLOCKED] $535k - A new faction and story-line! This stretch goal was determined by a fan poll thanks to William Potash for having the idea to run that!

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Yay! Grim Dawn just finished with every single stretch goal unlocked!

Surprised, since they kept tacking higher ones on to the end. Had 523k or something with an hour left and I didn't think it was going to make 535k. Glad it did though.

So, was at Baskin-Robbins today, when a guy wearing a Ron Paul: REVOLution t-shirt walked in. We go to talking, he had spent $900 on it. I just thought it was cool that I met a fellow with physical evidence of Kickstarter shenanigans.

Lafazar

This might me interesting to some: A Kickstarter for a Video Series called "Tropes vs. Women in Video Games":
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/566429325/tropes-vs-women-in-video-games

For reference, the previous video series about such tropes in other media by the same person (which I thought was pretty well done):
Tropes vs. Women: #1 The Manic Pixie Dream Girl
Tropes vs. Women: #2 Women in Refrigerators
Tropes vs. Women: #3 The Smurfette Principle
Tropes vs. Women: #4 The Evil Demon Seductress
Tropes vs. Women: #5 The Mystical Pregnancy
Tropes vs. Women: #6 The Straw Feminist

Coverly

Women in refrigerators lol. Thanks for that link, now I know what to talk about when I see friends for breakfast this morning.

Jrdev I found your game, it's called Reap. Sorry if the link doesn't work, still getting used to the iPad. Modest goals and tiers, though I don't know how you are going to stretch all that money to cover all that you need. It was nice to see the game in action, good luck.

jrDev

Women in refrigerators lol. Thanks for that link, now I know what to talk about when I see friends for breakfast this morning.

Jrdev I found your game, it's called Reap. Sorry if the link doesn't work, still getting used to the iPad. Modest goals and tiers, though I don't know how you are going to stretch all that money to cover all that you need. It was nice to see the game in action, good luck.
Thanks for posting that Coverly. I appreciate it!

MrBud360

After Al Lowe and Jane Jensen kickstarter success I've created an image for Vivendi, Activision and everybody else that thought Sierra was dead.....

sierrax.jpg

That's right, it basically is the old Sierra crew. Funny how that worked out.

I wish Jane Jenson could've gotten a little more funding on her project tough. But it is nice to see it get funded.

Who knew that 2012 would be the year of 2D point and click adventures? The Doublefine Adventure, The Jane Jensen project, The Two Guys from Andromeda (I hope they get funded, I really do), Leisure Suit Larry, Tex Murphy (OK, this falls under FMV adventure, but still)... plus there are probably a few other smaller lesser known indie developers trying to get similar projects made too.

It really is and unexpected genre revival going on right now. I can't complain though, keep bringing them.

Thanks for posting that Coverly. I appreciate it!

i was just about to do that for you. i guess you can have $7 instead. i dont really know what the description of the game means though. what is arena arcade action?

i also backed diamond trust of london while i was there. shame i couldnt get a limited edition.

edit: i guess you can have my $15. i need to stop drinking before cruising kickstarter.

jrDev

i was just about to do that for you. i guess you can have $7 instead. i dont really know what the description of the game means though. what is arena arcade action?

i also backed diamond trust of london while i was there. shame i couldnt get a limited edition.

edit: i guess you can have my $15. i need to stop drinking before cruising kickstarter.
Much appreciated! You need to drink more :p

Edit: I missed your question about what the games was about...

Arena - you're put in an arena type setting where enemies keep coming at you.
Arcade - combo points, multipliers and leader boards.
Action - Well that's self explanatory due to the nature of how the character attacks and with the animation system I have set up.

So an AAA game!!! ;-)

uh oh...
I guess a mod can delete all my KS related posts from this thread and remove my KS from the list if so.

seems like a fine line between posting your own kickstarter and mentioning that you have a kickstarter knowing someone else will post it. i dont personally have a problem with either, especially since navigating kickstarter is generally terrible, but i am not a mod.

Much appreciated! You need to drink more :p

Edit: I missed your question about what the games was about...

Arena - you're put in an arena type setting where enemies keep coming at you.
Arcade - combo points, multipliers and leader boards.
Action - Well that's self explanatory due to the nature of how the character attacks and with the animation system I have set up.

So an AAA game!!! ;-)

good enough for me. good luck.

I wouldn't say unexpected. What's unexpected is that there are such big names doing it.

Hmm, you're probably right. I guess that is an even bigger surprise. But we can thank Tim Schafer for this :) .

Also, two games just completed their funding goals:

Ravaged
1,221 Backers
$38,767 pledged of $15,000 goal
0 minutes to go

and:

Colossal Cave: The Board Game
357 Backers
$14,815 pledged of $8,000 goal
0 seconds to go

Unemployment Quest has less tan 8 hours left too.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
It's also by a guy from Santa Cruz, my old Alma Matter (and by now, it's actually Old Alma Matter), so how can I resist not throwing them a few bucks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom