• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kids are taking the feds -- and possibly Trump -- to court over climate change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow that comment section is a mess.
Wow... You weren't kidding!

Now I know why Sutter is so terrified of global warming. The seas will rise and drown out all the liberal cities along the coastal areas. Plus, all the special little snowflakes will melt.
Now that you think of it, bring it on! Sounds like a good thing for the country.

Why don't kids believe in science?
Science uses the scientific method.
Climate change does not use the scientific method.
Climate change uses "consensus," which is a euphemism for bullying by a mob of Gaya-worshiping religious fanatics..

I'd really like someone to point out some actual climate change. Arctic sea ice is not climate change, because we know for a fact from ship's logs of more than a century ago that sea ice up that way had waxed and waned over the years. Hurricanes, tornadoes, drought, and every kind of weather you'd care to analyze show no increasing trends. Sea level rise is the same as it's been since measurements began over 150 years ago. Our "warmest years ever" are due to El Nino events, which are not climate-related, and the IPCC GLMs have over-predicted temperature increases by a factor of nearly three.

There's not even any actual evidence that increased CO2 has caused the warming we have measured, beyond that which greenhouse gas physics would predict: a 1.5 - 3 deg. C rise for each doubling of atmospheric CO2. CO2 measurements since 1950 have gone from 287 to around 400 ppm CO2, which is only a 39% increase.

The planet is greening, as shown in NASA and NOAA satellite imagery, and plant biomass is increasing as well.

These are all measured facts, which is called data. The predictions of dire consequences you hear from the media and press releases are all based on predictions and models, which are NOT data, but predictions and models which need to be validated by real data. Science does not advance by treating models and predictions as data; it does so by comparing reality to the output of the models and then determining how well the models do in comparison to reality.

Right now, the models are failing miserably

I... Don't even know where to begin!

Absinthe

"The kids and their attorneys from Our Children's Trust initially filed this case against the Obama administration. "

Um what? Why did they start this lawsuit against the Obama administration initially?

I thought his administration worked to make it better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom