• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killed my TV, need help

Demigod Mac

Was messing with the service mode settings on my Advent HT3061A. It was going well until I accidentally flipped:

MENU 4:

INT H-SYNC PHASE - 10
AV BEAM LIMIT - 1E
AV BEAM LIMIT CHA - 91
PEA DRIVE LIMIT - 90
PEAK DRIVE TOP - 10
PEA DRIVE BOTTOM - 47
PEA DRIVE L-R - 88
DEFLECT 0 - 03
DEFLECT 1 - 05
RGB CONTROL 1 - 84
RGB CONTROL 2 - BB
RGB CONTROL 3 - 00
V INPUT MODE - C5

... that setting. The picture blinked out and is stuck on a black screen with a single white horizontal line across the screen. Does anyone know what this is or how to fix it?

Sanjuro

S2010002.jpg

SWEAR TO ME!

bitwise

Banned
well even though you cant see the menu it might still be there so if you can follow the steps blind to change it back maybe? thats what I would try. Or, I would look in the manual to see if there's a way to set everything back to default

Demigod Mac

Getting to it blindly actually worked, but it only has two noticeable settings now: white horizontal line or blank screen. Meh.

Service manuals are "not found" there. lol, figures....

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Sooo...why did you touch that setting? Service modes can be dangerous to mess with IF you don't know what everything does.

We all learn sometime. I almost messed up an old TV of mine in the same way. I flipped a value and it caused a bunch of lines to appear only to have the set shut off seconds later. Powering back up would cause this to occur everytime. I had to ultra quickly navigate to that setting and change it in order to fix the problem.

In your case, you may have damaged the set...

Demigod Mac said:
Getting to it blindly actually worked, but it only has two noticeable settings now: white horizontal line or blank screen. Meh.

Service manuals are "not found" there. lol, figures....

If that happens again or something goes wrong turn on your TV then go flip the breaker to the outlet it is on. That should bring it back to factory.

PEA DRIVE
<-wtf? hahaha

Top Bottom