• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct is F2P, only one fighter is free

Status
Not open for further replies.

adelante

Gamespot stream confirmed that it's offering both a full version and a 'demo' version where you get one character and the entire SP campaign and can trial (I think) new characters before you buy.

Looked pretty neat in the gameplay footage.

To reiterate, it's offering a full version that includes all the content and a 'demo' version that only offers one with the option to buy more.
Yep, was just about to post this. And I believe you can take that one character (Jago) into online multiplayer as well. OP should be updated (or new thread?)

chiablo

Everybody's focusing on their crappy F2P model. I think a more important killing blow is the fact that the developer is Double Helix.

Never heard of them?

Well, they're the developer of such awesome budget titles as:

1099513-gb.png

2210192-box_mxvsatvr.png

2160107-box_glrotmh.png

2160103-box_bship.png

FinKL

Gamespot stream confirmed that it's offering both a full version and a 'demo' version where you get one character and the entire SP campaign and can trial (I think) new characters before you buy.

Looked pretty neat in the gameplay footage.

To reiterate, it's offering a full version that includes all the content and a 'demo' version that only offers one with the option to buy more

Can't be emphasized enough. I saw the F2P and pretty much said WTF. They were on the Gamespot stream earlier and some of the devs have roots in other fighters including og SFII and Skullgirls. Although the developers as a whole don't seem to have a great track record, don't count them out yet. They sound like they know what they're talking about in fighters, in fact throwing was taken from Third Strike since one of the devs felt that was the way throwing should be done.

F2P is emphasized to lower the barrier of entry, you literally get everything with one character and if you like what you played with, buy it.

Everybody's focusing on their crappy F2P model. I think a more important killing blow is the fact that the developer is Double Helix.

Never heard of them?

Well, they're the developer of such awesome budget titles as:

Not to mention they were the ones who totally fucked up the Front Mission series once and for all with Front Mission Evolved.

I'll never forgive them (Squeenix and Double Helix) for what they did to FM after the sublime Front Mission 5 (which was the best Front Mission game the west never played). Ever.

I couldn't give less fucks about KI, so this is good to me. I can try it out and if by some miracle it hooks me, they will have money they would not have gotten otherwise.

% chance of me spending money on KI with it being F2P title=10%

% chance of me spending money on KI with it being a retail/downloadable title=0%

On a stream they mentioned having former fighting devlopers(?) from past games like weaponlord, sf 2 turbo and others working on it, so they are at least making an effort. Plus having it at fighting community events like evo to test

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom