• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLER INSTINCT - Sadira trailer - ORCHID TEASE

We got very little info this time around. We didn't get to see the new stage nor did we learn how it will be possible to Do a double ultra since most of her attacks are aerial.

Also as of now i think every character should have an otg, a wall bounce, and a launcher. Every character should be able to do these things while each character be more specialized in a certain area.

cant wait for riptor, cinder and spinal.

sidera reminds me of what jago and orchids love child would look like.

yeah wouldn't that be incest?

wKs20rK.jpg

dankir

Holy shit I just watched Max's Killer Instinct reaction to the e3 reveal!!! LOLOLOLOL I had the same reaction, I was like like
sgkhgfldfghsljdfghsldfhgsldfhglskjdfhglsjhfglshfglshfglsdhfglsdjfhg etc. as well.

2 MONTHS TO GO FOOLS!

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
We got very little info this time around. We didn't get to see the new stage nor did we learn how it will be possible to Do a double ultra since most of her attacks are aerial.

Also as of now i think every character should have an otg, a wall bounce, and a launcher. Every character should be able to do these things while each character be more specialized in a certain area.
idk the turnaround for tease-> reveal-> overview seemed faster for sadira than Thunder.

Sky78

Banned
idk the turnaround for tease-> reveal-> overview seemed faster for sadira than Thunder.

I think it felt like less time because the tease for Thunder was so minimal. From the first moment you actually saw thunder, we had gameplay and walkthroughs within a few days. With Thunder it was annoying because the tease seemed too little if anything. Just an Axe.

This time Sadira's tease actually showed gameplay (albeit the character model wasn't actually the final Sadira) - so it felt like an eternity before we got more gameplay and a walkthrough. With Sadira it was annoying because they showed too much and didn't follow up soon enough.

So maybe with Orchid it can be just right. They showed her full model rather than just a vague object like with Thunder, but stopped short of showing us actual gameplay (or assumed gameplay) so it doesn't feel like they started then abruptly stopped.

Did they ever do Sadira's Ultra in the stream? I kept skipping around through it but never saw it. Also curious why they didn't have her stage playable.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Given the fact that Sadira's Ultra free-sticks them behind here, and then can be instinct cancelled, given the nature of her instinct, I really have to wonder at how long we'd want it to be.

Her instinct allows her to make character-stopping web-bundles at will, basically. She should, theoretically, be able to string them from one side of the stage to the other, with the proper cancels.

Would like to see a better end to her Ultra. Either something Maximum-Spider like (Considering she's so focused on jumping to screen edge, and attacking), or involving a bunch of mini-spiders exploding out of the final wed she hits the opponent into. Most could crawl off the stage, a few would liner on the opponent, maybe leaving some web on them.

Sadira ultra was real short and it was limited in special effects. It was the only thing disappointing about her . Hope they make it more flashy

royalan

If they give Orchid's theme the dubstep treatment I will literally rage.

That would just be...the greatest disrespect...

Delt31

If they give Orchid's theme the dubstep treatment I will literally rage.

That would just be...the greatest disrespect...

really? I think it def fits her character considering the original and sequel. Maybe not pure dubstep but def a dubstep vibe mixed in. I really hope she doesn't get the same treatment as others where it's just metal b/c Orchid has always been clubby music. Dub step is the natural progression to that. I actually like the vine music. It's like a reggae dubstep mix.

btw - I wonder when that video from Max was made regarding sadira. Do you think he has the inside look before anyone else (even before it went online) or was that done afterward? I'm hoping afterward b/c he comes off as just a fan, reacting like we would but if he has inside info and then doesn't release it (playing as if he doesn't) that would be annoying. It would just question his integrity.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
A bunch of well thought-out tools, and good use for almost every strength of her moves... I definitely feel like Sadira is benefiting from the knowledge the team has earned since making the first characters.

She can combo after her front AND back through, While Glacius can only combo off a corner throw, Jago can only Shadow-Cancel off his back variant, and Thunder can combo off his back throw anywhere, but he can be combo broken. She can't be combo-broken of or anything she does once you're airborn, however (as said on last Stream). They both have insane increase to KV meter from this, however.

Her different strengths seem to matter pretty well on specials, overall. The air fireball is like 2.5 different moves, lol. Her command normal dive looks like it gives large hit advantage, I wonder if it's safe on block?

Ground spin having low invulnerability is pretty surprising. Sounds like a good trade off to her supposedly lacking ground normals. So she has no safe ways to get in on the ground... this is good to hear, since her air game looks so dominant.

I think what was shown in this video would already be pretty strong... and THEN you learn she has a walljump special that wasn't even used here, which apparently is mid-air only, and each strength lets you come down at a different angle. So it can be used for escapes, pressure, repositioning, or mixups.

Yup, easily looking like one of the most well-put-together characters in the game so far. Wouldn't be surprised to learn that some Anti-Air options ground her a lot more than we've seen so far, however. Yet AA counter hits aren't ever going to be as strong as breakable ground combos, so I wonder how this will work out for her... hm.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Will post this here too, since oddly no one seems to be picking up on it:

http://www.twitch.tv/microsoftstudios

During the Crimson Dragon Stream about 2 hours ago, the staff on stream mentioned that they'll be doing weekly streams for 3 games, heading up to XB1 Launch:
1.Powerstar Golf Tuesday
2.Crimson Dragon Wednesday
3.Killer Instinct Thursday!
So it looks like we'll have a weekly, guaranteed fix of info for KI from now on! Will it be new info? Just matches? Will they make premieres? Or will is just be a good way to ask questions? Guess we'll find out!

It seems like they try to start around 11am PST. Sorry, I haven't found any more concrete info than this, but will update is some appears!

abadguy

Banned
Maybe it's just me but Sadira's voice sounds different as in less like 'Rita Repulsa' than before, also Sabrewulf seems to have more fur...

royalan

really? I think it def fits her character considering the original and sequel. Maybe not pure dubstep but def a dubstep vibe mixed in. I really hope she doesn't get the same treatment as others where it's just metal b/c Orchid has always been clubby music. Dub step is the natural progression to that. I actually like the vine music. It's like a reggae dubstep mix.

btw - I wonder when that video from Max was made regarding sadira. Do you think he has the inside look before anyone else (even before it went online) or was that done afterward? I'm hoping afterward b/c he comes off as just a fan, reacting like we would but if he has inside info and then doesn't release it (playing as if he doesn't) that would be annoying. It would just question his integrity.

...what?

What does 90s House have to do with dubstep.

Ochrid is Untz Untz Unts a fierce vocals.

Not WUB WUB WUB WUB

90s House still exits in a form more closer to its original spirit than freaking Dubstep. Hell, the rest of the soundtrack is retro metal; the new Orchid theme could be completely retro House music and I'd be just as happy.

Will post this here too, since oddly no one seems to be picking up on it:

http://www.twitch.tv/microsoftstudios

During the Crimson Dragon Stream about 2 hours ago, the staff on stream mentioned that they'll be doing weekly streams for 3 games, heading up to XB1 Launch:
1.Powerstar Golf Tuesday
2.Crimson Dragon Wednesday
3.Killer Instinct Thursday!
So it looks like we'll have a weekly, guaranteed fix of info for KI from now on! Will it be new info? Just matches? Will they make premieres? Or will is just be a good way to ask questions? Guess we'll find out!

It seems like they try to start around 11am PST. Sorry, I haven't found any more concrete info than this, but will update is some appears!

Is there anywhere I can watch the Crimson Dragon video?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Sorry about the bit of mis-information guys! We figured out in Chat that the stream starts later in the day, and even berserker mike didn't know there was one today (!??!!)

But now it's finally cleared up, and we have KI happening on the miscrosoftstudios twitch stream in a little less than an hour!

Is there anywhere I can watch the Crimson Dragon video?

http://www.twitch.tv/microsoftstudios/b/464918806

Was worth a watch too, nice seeing the Once-TGC-Exclusive Stage!

Sorry about the bit of mis-information guys! We figured out in Chat that the stream starts later in the day, and even berserker mike didn't know there was one today (!??!!)

But now it's finally cleared up, and we have KI happening on the miscrosoftstudios twitch stream in a little less than an hour!

http://www.twitch.tv/microsoftstudios/b/464918806

Was worth a watch too, nice seeing the Once-TGC-Exclusive Stage!

Thanks. It's a shame this game wasn't at Eurogamer. I was hoping it would be there.

Top Bottom