• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLER INSTINCT - Sadira trailer - ORCHID TEASE

LTWheels

It would be interesting seeing other Rare characters in KI's art style.

I'm personally hoping for a human sized, muscled up Bottles. Would be hilarious.

They can't seem to get the announcer right the E3 version was too goofy and sounded like a monster truck announcer but now he sounds very subdued. It shouldn't be this hard to get it right.

Can someone explain to me why the heck Glacius has so many goofy color options? I Mean isn't he supposed to be an Ice creature?

Also question: If you had to choose would you rather see reinterpretations of the KI 2 cast or guest characters from other Rareware games? I'd go with the latter though I would be curious to see Double Helix's take on Tusk and Maya

I think Joanna Dark makes sense in that she adds another female to the cast.

If they use a Battletoads character they can add another creature to the game though. Which the current cast is lacking.

Silky

Banned
Watching the stream now, I'm not really feeling the added Ultra echoes, but things like the UI touches and the new font for the "READY" sign is ace.

She did it on a grounded opponent in the stream, and it had the general "5 hit" effect that all shadow moves in the game have. The way it was used to bounce in the air, hit at the full extent of her leg, which only had one "hit" on it.

Think about it. A general function of the game is that you have to break 3 out of 5 hits of a shadow move to prefer a shadow breaker. They couldn't make her shadow a single hit, or it'd be unbreakable, or would be the easiest to break shadow in game.

Personally, I like it if Sadira stays quick with her ground moves, and shows more flash in her aerial stuff. Some moves being straight repeated look cool (Glacius Puddle Punch), but for Sadira, who already has the longest air-strings in the game, ,emphasizing that end of it works out quite well.

just looked better combo wise in the past stream. hope that move can come back.

Delt31

I'm not sure how to make a good gif, but that tease...

ibtLEOd2G8GhnY.gif

can someone screenshot just the orchid piece b/c it appears her googles not be on her head anymore (thank god)

btw sadira's voice has been changed which is def for the better.

Does anyone notice that the Orchid in the Character select screen looks totally different from the Orchid at the end of the teaser? Select Screen Orchid's face looks hideous

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
can someone screenshot just the orchid piece b/c it appears her googles not be on her head anymore (thank god)

btw sadira's voice has been changed which is def for the better.

Via the DH Forums (Thx to Jagokuken):

Orchid3_zpsb781fb5e.png

The Goggles will probably be an accessory, so people who like, or hate them, should be able to do with them as they please. No need to worry about what DH decides to do!

Does anyone notice that the Orchid in the Character select screen looks totally different from the Orchid at the end of the teaser? Select Screen Orchid's face looks hideous

Yes, it's even been mentioned on streams now that it's just placeholder stuff. Same with her stage image of Rebel outpost.

.la1n

I figured DH with keeping closer to the character's origins would have modeled Orchid to look more Asian than she has in the past but it doesn't look like that's the case.

daman824

I hope orchid's stage is kind of bright. So far 4/5 stages are dark (Glacius, Thunder, Sadira, Sabre), I'd like to see one with a little more color and in the bright and sunny day time.
Her stages icon was in the stage select screen. And while it's hard to make out any specific details, the stage is set during the day.

Rlan

Play hard, with the feeling,
Play hard, you've got nothin' to lose,
Play hard, with the feeling
Be a boy or a man, it's up to you...
Play Hard!

I think I am just going to buy killer instinct and dedicate my gaming to it for a month I want to get real good at this game. Even with the nerf Sadira looks to be the character for me.

Dai101

Banned
Hi guys. Just posting this to add to my subscriptions since i got b& and couldn't get in the Sadira/Orchid reveal hype.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Thanks, still have the Red Dead font :(...

But at least they got the classic silver shiny for Supreme Victory/Ready!

I wish there was more variety in the levels though, all seem like this dark blueish green.

i'm sure they will eventually change the combo fonts

Thanks, still have the Red Dead font :(...

But at least they got the classic silver shiny for Supreme Victory/Ready!

I wish there was more variety in the levels though, all seem like this dark blueish green.
nice i thought the supreme victory looked odd,nice change there. we are seeing a game developed like no other.i feel like we saw it since the start. little changes adding up,you dont get that from other developers.

Vire

nice i thought the supreme victory looked odd,nice change there. we are seeing a game developed like no other.i feel like we saw it since the start. little changes adding up,you dont get that from other developers.

I love how open they are with this game and its development. I wish more developers were like this, I find it fascinating to watch this game improve week after week.

derFeef

I totally love that too. Shame some people are still mocking DH, reading it every now and then sadly.

Damn, liked the other fonts better for when you finish the match. The silver one they have now looks like it was made in Microsoft Word with clip art or something.

derFeef

It looks like they beefed up glacius. His overall body shape looks more muscular.

They did something with his colors for sure, love hs dark red color. Black Sabrewulf is my favourite for sure. Sadrias colors are all great to be honest, very good looking.

Jarlaxle

The music oh Sadira is giving me so much goosebumps, need that track.

I agree. This and Jago's track are really something else. Can't wait to hear Orchid's.

Hell, I just can't wait for this game. I haven't been this excited about a game in awhile. Two months is still so far away.

Do you guys think they'll reveal the 7th and 8th characters before the game comes out?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Do you guys think they'll reveal the 7th and 8th characters before the game comes out?

From the way they talked in yesterday's stream, it seems like they'll be promoting the 7th and 8th as part of the "Here's everything you get with the Ultra Pack!" trailer... so I wouldn't be surprised to see some teases towards them.

Sounds / motions / Iconic flashes of items. And then the usual Music Teases by Mick, etc.

Sponge

Banned
I still think a Chimera would make a good character for Killer Instinct.

Maybe make it the body of a grizzly bear, give it giant crimson wings
and a pair of khaki shorts

Top Bottom