• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 3 |OT| Super Microsoft All-Star Bros for Xbox One & Windows 10

NEO0MJ

As much as I love TJ's theme sometimes it becomes kinda silly when you see characters like Shadow Jago or Spinal introduce themselves with it, lol. Though I guess it kinda fits with the cheesy nature of the game.

rrc1594

Nice, lots of stuff to watch!

I fucking hate the Ultra-Combo website though!

Top bar is WAYYYYY too big, WAY WAY WAY too big. haha

Multiple scroll bars with info in tiny little boxes.

It's terrible :p

Hmmm I think having no points for Majors like EVO stops the growth of KI in tournament scene.

Edit- EVO didn't want to be SMH

So I've been having issues with No achievements unlocking, my shadow labs progress being lost every time I close and reopen the game along with my ranked matches and terrible match making.

Turns out that if you want to actually play this game with the above features, you have no choice but to turn on Microsoft's tracking Telemetry 1 and 3 settings.

Pretty lame that this is a thing, I will have to enable them and disable them again every time I wish to play.

vocab

I send an invite to a friend on pc, and he doesn't see anything, he sends an invite to me, and I don't see any notifications. wtf.

I swear GFWL was better than this trash.

BiggNife

I think pc players should turn off crossplay for their qualifier matches. Will make the likelihood of playing a new players much higher.

How do you turn off crossplay in Ranked? I don't see it in the settings. Only in Exhibition.

I am getting my ass kicked by Xbone players who have probably played for months and it's getting a little tiring.

Hmmm I think having no points for Majors like EVO stops the growth of KI in tournament scene.

Edit- EVO didn't want to be SMH

EVO is kinda like the Super Bowl of fighting games, so its kind of the end of the season, no points necessary anymore. So I kinda understand.

BurningNad

Got over the initial anxiety of fighting someone online, and won a few exhibition matches. Definitely learned more from those compared to Shadow survival, I actually got to predict combo and counter breakers. A little bit more practice and I'll try Ranked out soon.

Man my shadow is dumb

Why the heck won't it finish combos or use manuals? It keeps chaining heavy doubles with medium linkers. Pls stop

Kent

That said, there are the manuals as Kent mentioned. As someone who just started playing a few days ago, I am a bit worried about them, as they seem to be a fairly complicated mechanic and I think a regular 360 controller might not give me the freedom of control necessary to master said mechanic. But I have a lot of stuff to learn first, so it is all good.
Manuals are definitely an advanced thing, but not because of any freedom of control - rather, they simply require very precise timing, but exactly what that timing is seems to be pretty arbitrary and somewhat vague, especially considering the precision required to pull them off.
I learned how to do manuals in the Dojo mode. Seemed pretty straight forward to me.
Well, in a literal sense, it is very straight-forward. But what I mean is, due to the timing differences, a discrete visual aid to help people learn the specific timings for individual characters and linkers would be much appreciated.

Infil's KI guide's section on manuals goes into a lot more detail about how they work and how to execute them, but I just feel as though the in-game resources, which are otherwise incredible (especially by fighting game standards) could stand to give a better indication due to the strict timing requirements.

Installed this on my old core2duo with a 770 and it works fine at 1080p with all effects. Passes the test, albeit barely. My newer rig is still on Win8.1, but I'll upgrade it to 10 before the free upgrade period ends.

Zafir

So I've been having issues with No achievements unlocking, my shadow labs progress being lost every time I close and reopen the game along with my ranked matches and terrible match making.

Turns out that if you want to actually play this game with the above features, you have no choice but to turn on Microsoft's tracking Telemetry 1 and 3 settings.

Pretty lame that this is a thing, I will have to enable them and disable them again every time I wish to play.

What?

I'm pretty sure I have those disabled. I turned off every single one of Microsofts stupid tracking things when I installed WIndows 10, and I've not had a single problem.

Outside of matchmaking, but that as mentioned before, seemed to be more due to the reset.

Warxard

Banned
Any tips on the Aganos/Glacius match up? I play Aganos.

Tri-Hail can take out multiple Chunks (1 per Hail) so be consistent on pressuring Glacius. Don't worry about shatters so as long as you have a Chunk, and act on punishing those shatters as much as you can. Hail, Shatter and f.MP are Glacius' primary tools to take out your chunks from a distance; as Cold Shoulder while chunked leaves them VERY helpless.

--

Here's a tip for intermediate players with the swing of how the gameplay works: use your normals. Seriously, online no one expects a good normal fucking them up unless you're playing like, Jago or something.

What?

I'm pretty sure I have those disabled. I turned off every single one of Microsofts stupid tracking things when I installed WIndows 10, and I've not had a single problem.

Outside of matchmaking, but that as mentioned before, seemed to be more due to the reset.

They were all re-enabled via an update recently IIRC. So if you haven't done it say, within the last few months, they have all been re-enabled. I use O&O Shutup10 tool, take a look and tell me if you have telemetry 1/3 and 3/3 enabled.

Zafir

They were all re-enabled via an update recently IIRC. So if you haven't done it say, within the last few months, they have all been re-enabled. I use O&O Shutup10 tool, take a look and tell me if you have telemetry 1/3 and 3/3 enabled.

I just downloaded it and it said both are disabled. So it definitely doesn't require them.

I just downloaded it and it said both are disabled. So it definitely doesn't require them.

Strange. Enabling them is literally the only way I can play this game. If I disable them, the game stops working as it should. I found out via this thread on Ultra-Combo.

http://forums.ultra-combo.com/t/forced-to-requalify-everytime/8254/

Doesn't seem to be a catch-all solution as the last guy who posted enabled them and is still having issues, but I'm just happy its finally working. I almost abandoned the game entirely.

Zafir

Strange. Enabling them is literally the only way I can play this game. If I disable them, the game stops working as it should. I found out via this thread on Ultra-Combo.

http://forums.ultra-combo.com/t/forced-to-requalify-everytime/8254/

Doesn't seem to be a catch-all solution as the last guy who posted enabled them and is still having issues, but I'm just happy its finally working. I almost abandoned the game entirely.

That's weird.

To me it sounds more like a problem with Xbox Live, it's not uploading your progress to the cloud or something, so just constantly restarts it.

At this moment there is only 160 people with Killer rank in KI Season 3. Is anybody Killer Rank here yet?

I just now got in Gold with a 51-17 record. Now gotta move up the gold ladder. Im loving that the grind to Killer is actually a challenge this time around. I didnt really feel like i earned it last season.

Dr. Buni

Manuals are definitely an advanced thing, but not because of any freedom of control - rather, they simply require very precise timing, but exactly what that timing is seems to be pretty arbitrary and somewhat vague, especially considering the precision required to pull them off.
I didn't mean to say manuals require freedom of control, just that I don't think a Xbox 360 controller might not give the freedom of control required to pull off advanced thingies.
Tri-Hail can take out multiple Chunks (1 per Hail) so be consistent on pressuring Glacius. Don't worry about shatters so as long as you have a Chunk, and act on punishing those shatters as much as you can. Hail, Shatter and f.MP are Glacius' primary tools to take out your chunks from a distance; as Cold Shoulder while chunked leaves them VERY helpless.

--

Here's a tip for intermediate players with the swing of how the gameplay works: use your normals. Seriously, online no one expects a good normal fucking them up unless you're playing like, Jago or something.
Thanks a lot! Are you a Aganos main or you just know stuff about him? I ask because Aganos mains seem to be rare.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
At this moment there is only 160 people with Killer rank in KI Season 3. Is anybody Killer Rank here yet?

I just now got in Gold with a 51-17 record. Now gotta move up the gold ladder. Im loving that the grind to Killer is actually a challenge this time around. I didnt really feel like i earned it last season.

I definitely didn't earn mine lol. Thunder took me straight to Killer rank with basically frame traps and command grab nonsense exclusively.

vocab

Someone whos pretty experienced with win10/PC version please answer me this question.

When a friend invites me to a lobby I can't see anywhere that I got an invite. I sent him an invite, and he says he sees a notification for it. I don't get it period. What am I doing wrong?

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
It is in your windows 10 notifications, actually. Bottom right by the clock there should be an icon that looks like chat a bubble. Just click that and it will be there.

dankir

Keits why the fuck does Glacius need a double hail, cross up puddle punch, unblockable shatter on combo breaker, super fast shoulder move that goes really far, etc.

Fix that shit man.....

dankir

You can't up back out of the shatter on breaker?

Either the connection was shitty or something was up, but I after landing from a combo breaker I was getting instant shattered.

In the corner his options are ridiculous, I hope some changes come to his frame data or something.

I suspect Rash's wrecking ball is also going to get some changes, armor in the air, frame advantage on block, plus he can cross you up with it.

The fucking thing beats out so many of Tusk's air attacks too, unless you hit it just right.

T.O.P

Banned

*raises hand* it was a lot more work compared to getting to Killer during Season 2

Now to stay in the Top32 once everybody gets to Killer it's another thing, gonna enjoy it while it lasts

T.O.P

Banned
Someone whos pretty experienced with win10/PC version please answer me this question.

When a friend invites me to a lobby I can't see anywhere that I got an invite. I sent him an invite, and he says he sees a notification for it. I don't get it period. What am I doing wrong?

Restart the Xbox app maybe? i spent 10 minutes the other night trying to understand why i couldn't see invites or new friends request, only needed a quick restart to fix it for me

@sorry DP

daTRUballin

Slightly off topic but would anyone here be interested in a Rare Community Thread? Been thinking about making one for a while. With the releases of KI and Rare Replay, the upcoming release of Sea of Thieves, and the the plausible possibility of a new Battletoads, I think now would be a good time for one.

Here's the Ratchet & Clank thread to give you an idea of what it could look like

Sounds like a cool idea. I'd be down for it. :p

No idea how this is not a thing yet. There should be a community thread for each of their main IPs, but I'll take a general Rare thread. Especially if you make it as awesome as this OT.

Well, there was that depressing Rare Canceled Game Art Thread that was made and was active during the Kinect era:

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=421821

So I guess that's something. Good thing those days are over though. :/

Thanks for the answers, guys. I'll download the free version and give it a spin. And if I do decide to fork over the cash, I'll let you know. I need people to spar with. :3

vocab

Restart the Xbox app maybe? i spent 10 minutes the other night trying to understand why i couldn't see invites or new friends request, only needed a quick restart to fix it for me

@sorry DP

I mean its every time I restart my computer. I see no notifications in game.

It is in your windows 10 notifications, actually. Bottom right by the clock there should be an icon that looks like chat a bubble. Just click that and it will be there.

But isn't there supposed to be in game notifications?

My messages are never visible in game, I just go to the Win 10 notification tab and click on my invitation from there.

What kind of visual notification are you looking for in manuals, because you can see the character reel back from the attack and can kind of tell from there when to push a button.

Edit: Also, my achievements pop, and some don't. The next time I launch the game they start to pop during boot up, especially when it is search for download able content.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
No wonder you gave him the cold shoulder!
glacius-o.gif

BHK3

Banned
So is there a shortcut to the game somewhere? So far I only see only opening the store then going into my account as the only way of opening the game...

Also since it's all UWA and whatnot, is there an equalivant to a dashboard ingame? Or like the shift+tab feature like in steam where I can view my xbox account/invite friends/send rage mail?

Top Bottom