• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 3 |OT| Super Microsoft All-Star Bros for Xbox One & Windows 10

Dr. Buni

If it's eyedoll I think this is the last season. I hope it's not and we get a Season 4.
I think this is the last season myself. I would like more, sure, but I don't mind if it all ends with Season 3. That being said, I think it is weird to bring back every character except Eyedol. He was cool. Cooler than Gargos imo.

.la1n

I think this is the last season myself. I would like more, sure, but I don't mind if it all ends with Season 3. That being said, I think it is weird to bring back every character except Eyedol. He was cool. Cooler than Gargos imo.

I don't necessarily think that they should always adhere to the eight characters a season rule but regular updates to the core game along with some new characters here and there isn't a terrible idea. I also speculate by the recent boom in active players combined with just general buzz in areas of the FGC that were normally quiet leads me to believe this could possibly be the most successful season yet. If you think IG and MS will walk away from more money...

Ugh, they really need to move where the random select is. The amount of times I go to Kim Wu and the stick is so sensitive that it moves over to random is just ridiculous.

Though I guess on the bright side I did get a win with Cinder. With about 72 dropped combos because I really can't play him lol.

PC guys I need some help.

I want to be able to play KI on the go, and need a new laptop anyways. Any suggestions on what I could buy to run it? I don't need 4K Ultra settings, but looking pretty much like Xbone visuals would be nice.

BurningNad

Finally got up the nerve to do my qualifier matches and placed in Silver! Man the adrenaline this game causes, I haven't felt this tense playing a game in years.

.la1n

PC guys I need some help.

I want to be able to play KI on the go, and need a new laptop anyways. Any suggestions on what I could buy to run it? I don't need 4K Ultra settings, but looking pretty much like Xbone visuals would be nice.

Check out the gaming laptop thread in gaming, the 2016 version. Saw lots of good advise and help in there.

Nuu

Banned
Having big problems trying to launch the game.

I click on the game to launch it and the loading window pops up for one second and closes. Anyone know what I can do to actually launch the game?

BHK3

Banned
8107564b78.jpg

This means Im good at the game now right?

Dr. Buni

This means Im good at the game now right?
image.php

I don't necessarily think that they should always adhere to the eight characters a season rule but regular updates to the core game along with some new characters here and there isn't a terrible idea. I also speculate by the recent boom in active players combined with just general buzz in areas of the FGC that were normally quiet leads me to believe this could possibly be the most successful season yet. If you think IG and MS will walk away from more money...
I like this. That is pretty much what Blizzard does with Heroes of the Storm and think it helps keeping people interested in the game and stuff.

I don't know if this is a known issue or what, but on the PC version I have all settings on max and everything looks great, but if I go onto Fulgores stage the game turns into a pixelated mess and defaults to like 360p or something.

this netcode is crazy good. jeez

I went back to ranked and ran into a gold Riptor while I was in bronze. I was lucky to not get perfected. Everything looks like a crazy chomp attack, I didn't know what to do lol. Only lost 10 points though so not a big deal.

Dr. Buni

this netcode is crazy good. jeez

I went back to ranked and ran into a gold Riptor while I was in bronze. I was lucky to not get perfected. Everything looks like a crazy chomp attack, I didn't know what to do lol. Only lost 10 points though so not a big deal.
Now that you mention, I don't think I had one laggy match yet. That is a first for me and I have played a lot of online games.

OmegaDL50

Well all of the previous seasons had a mix of original newcomers and long time returning cast.

Season 3 with the exception of Kim Wu and Tusk is the first time they are including guests from other games outside the series.

So perhaps because they are deciding to include guests instead of create more original characters, it's possible that development is ramping down and wrapping things up with the 3rd season.

Although for the sake of future growth of the game, a 4th season with another 8 characters would be nice. I mean 32 characters, plus Shadow Jago seems like a lot.

The soon to be roster of 24 is pretty packed as it is since it has every character accounted for from the previous games excluding the bosses.

Zanosuke

Anyone else having pricing issues?

I haven't completed my download yet. But my friend claims the swedish price for the PC version right now is sitting at 587 SEK, which amounts to about 60€.

Yeah it kinda sucks because that's a lot more than the US-price. I really like the game but there is no way I'm gonna pay that.. Is it possible to get a US-key somehow and unlock all the characters or isn't that possible on the windows store?

big_z

being playing a bunch. season 3 brought along quite a few bugs. lots of audio playing when it shouldn't, menus lagging like shit, had an ultra start mid round etc. hopefully a polish patch isn't too far off.

bigger issue I have is with my shadow wulf. I can not for whatever reason increase his percentages and now hes getting his ass punched in losing the last 18 rounds. ive only been saving data when the arrows are almost or all green yet no improvement. not sure if its another bug and I should put him down and start over or what. anyone run into this?

NEO0MJ

Yea seems like most laptops cap out at 2.6 ghz and I'm wondering how the game looks running on something like that.

I think most high-end laptops could handle it just fine, but I can't imagine that you can get something that can run it X1 level for less than $1,200.00.

Salty Hippo

My god, how do I keep this game from crashing at matchmaking? It's simply unplayable for me. Has IG at least acknowledged this issue?

My shadow lost all of its matches so far. Seems fitting :p >_>

Speaking of shadows I played against a Rash player earlier and he bodied me repeatedly. Later on I was doing some shadow survival and funnily enough I ran into his shadow. Couldn't be anymore different

I think they needs to be fed quite a lot of matches before they stop being dumb. Just now I got mine to start finishing combos and it's kind of becoming ok

Dr. Buni

Speaking of shadows I played against a Rash player earlier and he bodied me repeatedly. Later on I was doing some shadow survival and funnily enough I ran into his shadow. Couldn't be anymore different

I think they needs to be fed quite a lot of matches before they stop being dumb. Just now I got mine to start finishing combos and it's kind of becoming ok
Help me out, to improve my shadow, I am supposed to keep fighting it over and over again? With any character of with the character my shadow represents?
My god, how do I keep this game from crashing at matchmaking? It's simply unplayable for me. Has IG at least acknowledged this issue?
I don't think there are any solutions yet :(

Help me out, to improve my shadow, I am supposed to keep fighting it over and over again? With any character of with the character my shadow represents?

You have to use that character and play shadow survival and feed it match info. I think ranked matches can be used to upload info too. You can challenge it to see how it's coming along but it doesn't get any data from that

Dr. Buni

No, the Shadow's fine, it's just that Reila is a terrible, terrible , player.

Just kidding, love ;)
Haha but you are right, I am truly a terrible player. I challenge you to a 1x1, though ;)
on Splatoon, not on KI lol
You have to use that character and play shadow survival and feed it match info. I think ranked matches can be used to upload info too. You can challenge it to see how it's coming along but it doesn't get any data from that
Makes sense! Thanks.

derFeef

I wish I could do that Shadow thing, but the game freezes everytime after the first Jago Match. Which I lose... every time also...

I tried that a lot, and I think it has to be out during his start up or something. It got beat almost every time. Also doesn't work in a corner. Probably need to set up some playback in training.
It's timing. I once you get the timing of it you will be fine but know when you are better off blocking. His is the hardest to follow up after a block because he does his cross up right after.

dankir

Took long enough but finally got 100 matches played by my Shadow Thunder, I think my final record was like 31 - 69 or something.

Jinaar

Finished Saberwolf's 20 Ranked wins. Glacius next.

Tell, me folks... what do you know of Glacius?

He likes to be further away then close. Any good combos to suggest?

One that could work is HAIL Projectile from afar + SHATTER into AUTO into SHATTER into AUTO into ENDER.

Mix it up with COLD SHOULDER + AUTO + LINKER + AUTO + ENDER (or mix it up more if combo breaker was missed.

If someone from Iron Galaxy is reading this, instead of just fixing the above 60 fps / above 60hz speed up issue by capping the games framerate internally... actually try and get the game rate to interpolate visually up to higher resfresh rates... while the game logic and online representation remains in sync @ 60.

That way, you can have a game that looks smooth, takes advantage of different hardware configs (nice high framerate monitors) as well as is cross platform and competitive compatible.

I am not sure how this is possible, but given the otherwise immpeccable quality of the win 10 port of KI, the fact that the game is internally running @ 90 fps somehow, I imagine you guys could think up something cool.

IMO, pass the idea of supporting high framerate displays onto an engineer who knows aobut these things, perhaps he or she could think of something that does not break the even playing field.

Finished Saberwolf's 20 Ranked wins. Glacius next.

Tell, me folks... what do you know of Glacius?

He likes to be further away then close. Any good combos to suggest?

One that could work is HAIL Projectile from afar + SHATTER into AUTO into SHATTER into AUTO into ENDER.

Mix it up with COLD SHOULDER + AUTO + LINKER + AUTO + ENDER (or mix it up more if combo breaker was missed.

I always used to love to just poke a lot to keep people away and annoyed. I think it was Jumping Medium kick and forward heavy punch?

I dont remember the buttons at all, but lots of distance pokes! like Dhalsim. You could combo out of them, so they were great.

I kinda miss playing Season 1, way less characters for me to cycle through, and I loved all of them except Wulf and Spinal, haha.

It most likely is the last season, but I hope they continue making more honestly. Its such a good game, and i certainly dont want it to end. Too much fun with it over the last 3 years.

Its certainly been very successful, and this season may be the most successful yet, so hopefully more. More new characters, and more guests. Id be very happy with a season 4, or even just a few characters being released here and there. Id be happy if we were still getting new content 10 years from now xD

Top Bottom