• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 3 |OT| Super Microsoft All-Star Bros for Xbox One & Windows 10

vocab

Try doing the dojo it helped me out immensely and taught me to stop playing it like SF so much.
I did most of the dojo. Its the flow and how fast special moves lead into everything. Im getting trashed by people who just do shit. Ran into a riptor that was looking like a fucking guilty gear character.

Im also trying really hard to not guess break, and its just not clicking.

I did most of the dojo. Its the flow and how fast special moves lead into everything. Im getting trashed by people who just do shit. Ran into a riptor that was looking like a fucking guilty gear character.

Im also trying really hard to not guess break, and its just not clicking.

Why not take Riptor into combo breaker training? Riptor is kind of a weird one, everything looks like bites. I've noticed online Riptors like going for the light linker because it's so fast. Also the overhead. I had (and still have) trouble figuring out what the hell Riptor and Sabrewulf are doing. The rest off the cast I've somewhat got a feel for breaking their medium and heavy doubles since they're easier to read.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
What I've been doing is observing the combos and noting what progression/speed was linked to and there is also the go to stuff that people tend to go for certain characters to consider.

Doukou

Any tips on breaking combos? Having a lot of fun with Hisako but can't really get out of combos.

Heavy are slow, medium are middle and light are fast.
Next you need to think about the speed of the character, for example Jago is a more balanced character so his auto doubles are realitvly middle speed while Wulf for example is a fast character and has faster light and medium auto doubles that most, Aganos on the other hand has really slow auto doubles, I would look at these characters as a good example on the different speeds they have.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I need help!

Downloaded the game last night, but no longer own my Xbox One. I started a new save file as I'm not worried about transferring old progress.

But all I've been given is the "free" version! I own the full versions of the first two seasons. Any idea why they aren't showing up??

Whoever authorized the ranking reset is on my shit list. It worked perfectly before that. Everyone was ranked properly.
</salt>

Lol no it was not ranked properly last season. Average players were in Killers in like day. You was getting people who level 10-20 from the first season in ranked as killers. This will make you work for it. Get better and youll make it to killer. Its not suppose to be handed to you. If youre complaining now, you wouldnt win at all in killers.

I need help!

Downloaded the game last night, but no longer own my Xbox One. I started a new save file as I'm not worried about transferring old progress.

But all I've been given is the "free" version! I own the full versions of the first two seasons. Any idea why they aren't showing up??

If you already own some of the game, you have to sign on with your xbox first to sync the data to the servers. If you dont have xbox one anymore then ask a friend if they will let you sign in on their xbox for a moment.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
If you already own some of the game, you have to sign on with your xbox first to sync the data to the servers. If you dont have xbox one anymore then ask a friend if they will let you sign in on their xbox for a moment.

I don't know anyone with an Xbox One. :(

In this day and age of cloud saves and whatnot why should I have to sign into an Xbox? I own the licenses, and it being cross buy I should be able to sign in and play without a hitch.

.la1n

Any tips on breaking combos? Having a lot of fun with Hisako but can't really get out of combos.

Use combo breaker training, it seriously helps. You can adjust what type of combos you want the AI to use as well. As for breaking shadows I always go into regular training mode, record the CPU performing the shadow linker I want to learn and just practice breaking over and over on play back. Although to be fair most shadows are much easier to break now.

Synth

In this day and age of cloud saves and whatnot why should I have to sign into an Xbox? I own the licenses, and it being cross buy I should be able to sign in and play without a hitch.

Signing in on an Xbox One is only required to carry across save data. The license thing is a separate issue of the PC version simply not recognising what you own initially in some cases. I had the same thing too despite having the game on both XB1 and PC. My content finally showed up on PC after a few days of speculatively loading into it... but I have no idea what triggers the content showing up.

It really is stupid though.

I need help!

Sign into the xbox app and launch it from there.

I need help!

Some people downloaded it or hard reset it. I don't own the pc version so I can't help too much.

idk how cross-saving works. Maybe its something W10 will implement in the future. The update coming soon is suppose to fix a lot of things between XBO and W10, so hopefully they continue to improve that type of stuff.

Anyone get a neo geo ps3 pad working with this game? I am dying to play it, but my default fighting pads have extreme trouble converting from directinput to xinput... :(

Zafir

idk how cross-saving works. Maybe its something W10 will implement in the future. The update coming soon is suppose to fix a lot of things between XBO and W10, so hopefully they continue to improve that type of stuff.

It does have cross save now. I imagine they added something ingame to upload progress to the cloud. Sadly the game most likely didn't have that before hence the requirement of having to log in first on Xbone.
Anyone get a neo geo ps3 pad working with this game? I am dying to play it, but my default fighting pads have extreme trouble converting from directinput to xinput... :(
Have you tried joy2key or xpadder to emulate your controller inputs as keyboard inputs?

The only problem would be the analog stick, so if you use that it may not be an option.

Edit: Just looked at the controller and it seems to have an 8way dpad? In that case try the above and bind the diagonals to both say up+right for up-right.

It does have cross save now. I imagine they added something ingame to upload progress to the cloud. Sadly the game most likely didn't have that before hence the requirement of having to log in first on Xbone.

Have you tried joy2key or xpadder to emulate your controller inputs as keyboard inputs?

The only problem would be the analog stick, so if you use that it may not be an option.

Edit: Just looked at the controller and it seems to have an 8way dpad? In that case try the above and bind the diagonals to both say up+right for up-right.

I will try xpadder! Joy2key is kind of weird IMO. Thx so much!

So btw, you do not need to downsample your desktop in this game everytime you want it to run in the downsampledx resolution of your choice. Rather,
1. downsample your desktop once.
2. Run KI
3. Change the resolution to the downsampled resolution of your desktop
4. Run the benchmark to make sure all is dandy
5. Save your settings
6. Exit the game
7. When back at desktop, change to your default normal non-downsampled monitor resolution.
8. Reload up KI - and now it runs in a borderless windowed downsample. You can even alt-tab and the game works perfectly fine. If you check the game resolution, it probably reads something incorrect like "640X480", but it is in fact actually using your downsampled resolution. The best way to check if it is if you cannot see it, which you should be able to though given the edge quality, is to run the benchmark again.

With this I am running in 3840X2160 and not having to downsample mysedktop resolution anymore. Very handy. Strange that it works that way (how the borderless window actually can map the pixels as such), but it works!

I have decided that until they add direct input support, I will just use joy2key. Even though xpadder is probably better, it costs money and the owner's website is not accepting my paypal information (keeps denying my cards...). I mapped a number of the buttons though to multiple things... it is a bit odd at times having to grab the beyboard to navigate some specific menu options (r, e, or some odds and ends keys that exist), but it is A-OK!

dankir

Practice, practice, practice. The combo training is perfect and obviously playing as many matches as possible.

Heavies are slowest obviously and make a distinct sound on hit.

Mediums Kick auto doubles usually involve a low kick on the 2nd hit of the auto double.

Lights are the quickest obviously and your character limbs don't extend that far on hit.

Trust me you'll start to recognize them the more you play.

Dr. Buni

On the subject of Mira, I wonder if her retro costume could be her appearance before dying/becoming a vampire. I mean, being Maya's twin sister, I doubt she was that pale skinned when alive, for starters :p

Regardless, she looks awesome. I am also curious about her mechanics and what kind of "role" she might fill.

vg260

Personally, I think an alt costume relating to her lore would be more interesting, but since her default costume is great, it doesn't really matter that much.

A huge part of her reason for being in the game is to fill a missing trope, so I think the retros for new characters should reflect that since there's no old design to refer to. Kinda like how Kan-Ra is a true mummy as opposed to his earlier more human form from his lore. More fun that way. She looks fairly human in her default appearance anyway except for her teeth. Having a vampire character with an alt that just looks like a pre-vampire woman seems like a wasted opportunity.

Dr. Buni

I don't really agree with the Mira and Kan-Ra comparison. Mira was mentioned as a human in someone else's lore before she was introduced to the game, does the same stands true for Kan-Ra? Honest question, I really don't know lol. Mira being human at some point holds more relevance, I think, but I might be wrong.

That being said, while I would prefer Mira's alt to be human Mira, that could potentially not work depending of her skills and the stuff she might be able to do, so a tropey alt costume is more likely. Well, as long as it isn't a stupid fanservicey costume, give it to me. And no alt costume will ever be as awesome as ARIA's anyways.

Also, it would be nice if her theme could incorporate a bit of Maya's theme. Obviously given her looks and character, overall the theme would be vastly different, closer to themes like Sabrewfulf's than to Maya's, which is a bid too cheerful for an edgy vampire character.

vg260

If I recall, Mira was only first mentioned in in January in Maya's updated character bio (someone correct me if wrong)
https://www.ultra-combo.com/temperance-and-vengeance
So, yeah, she was introduced as a human, technically, but there's almost no history in the game. It's all new backstory being filled in.

In any case, they likely already have the alts made at this point, so it's kinda moot whatever it is.

Doukou

On the subject of Mira, I wonder if her retro costume could be her appearance before dying/becoming a vampire. I mean, being Maya's twin sister, I doubt she was that pale skinned when alive, for starters :p

Regardless, she looks awesome. I am also curious about her mechanics and what kind of "role" she might fill.

Well based off the accessories shown, she is still a vampire, bale skin fangs etc.

Lren

Been about 2-3 days since I've had time to really sit down and play thanks to college work. For some reason, in that time, my bad habit with medium auto doubles has diminished for the most part. Progress!

kodecraft

Man, the Xbox App built into Win10 acts like a Xbox One as far as managing your account goes. Sign into that then launch KI from the app. I did this and my purchases transferred over seamlessly.

ScOULaris

I wonder if Mira will have her own music track in the game. I'm thinking she won't since she isn't going to get her own stage, and that's a shame.

Dr. Buni

I can't see Gargos not having his own theme, even though he will not have a stage*, so Mira should have her own, too. Hopefully.

*It is so weird for the big bad to not have a stage.

Zafir

So btw, you do not need to downsample your desktop in this game everytime you want it to run in the downsampledx resolution of your choice. Rather,
1. downsample your desktop once.
2. Run KI
3. Change the resolution to the downsampled resolution of your desktop
4. Run the benchmark to make sure all is dandy
5. Save your settings
6. Exit the game
7. When back at desktop, change to your default normal non-downsampled monitor resolution.
8. Reload up KI - and now it runs in a borderless windowed downsample. You can even alt-tab and the game works perfectly fine. If you check the game resolution, it probably reads something incorrect like "640X480", but it is in fact actually using your downsampled resolution. The best way to check if it is if you cannot see it, which you should be able to though given the edge quality, is to run the benchmark again.

With this I am running in 3840X2160 and not having to downsample mysedktop resolution anymore. Very handy. Strange that it works that way (how the borderless window actually can map the pixels as such), but it works!

I have decided that until they add direct input support, I will just use joy2key. Even though xpadder is probably better, it costs money and the owner's website is not accepting my paypal information (keeps denying my cards...). I mapped a number of the buttons though to multiple things... it is a bit odd at times having to grab the beyboard to navigate some specific menu options (r, e, or some odds and ends keys that exist), but it is A-OK!
That's weird about payment not being accepted.

I've personally not tried joy2key. I've been using Xpadder since back when it was free years and years and years ago.

But yeah, I'm using Xpadder to use my Arcade Stick in it. I've got my Start button bound to enter, my 'select' button bound to esc, ps button bound to select and the rest bound to their corresponding keyboard keys. It covers most bases.

tariniel

Who are some good Orchid players to look up videos of?

So far I'm having the most success with her and am looking to see how top players use her, setups, combos, etc.

Other than Orchid, I'm most interested in learning Spinal, just because I really like his character design, costumes/accessories, and the sound effects he has. The crunching bones and skulls have an oddly satisfying sound... no idea why. Spinal looks hard to learn though.

Dr. Buni

Whoa The Flash was banned...
My internet has been bad, so I haven't been able to download it. :T
That is too bad. Mine has been acting weird as well (getting DCs far too often in Splatoon lately), but it works fine with KI, somehow.

Edit: Well, 'works fine", since the game crashes a lot when trying to find matches...

Fuuuuck the timing on Dojo 18 is driving me nuts! An anti air into a fireball is just impossible for me to time right, let alone adding a shadow fireball after, haha.

Top Bottom