• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 3 |OT| Super Microsoft All-Star Bros for Xbox One & Windows 10

All the characters are getting their own theme, even if most of the cast won't have a stage to go with it.

I can't see Gargos not having his own theme, even though he will not have a stage*, so Mira should have her own, too. Hopefully.

*It is so weird for the big bad to not have a stage.

Gargos' theme was played during the Season 3 Launch Trailer. :p

But yeah, I'm hoping Gargos can get a stage at some point. Gargos deserved to have the last stage spot.

Whoa The Flash was banned...

That is too bad. Mine has been acting weird as well (getting DCs far too often in Splatoon lately), but it works fine with KI, somehow.

Edit: Well, 'works fine", since the game crashes a lot when trying to find matches...

RIP The Flash, may you return one day.

I'll let you know when I can get it downloading some time. I really hope it get better soon, because I haven't been able to play any games online.

petran79

Banned
Was going to install it but I see that Store has issues updating "Apps", giving me "Something went wrong: The error code is 0x80070490"

So if I install or buy the game now, I'll have problems installing future updates. I'd need to delete and re-install the game everytime

I had tried this solution. It worked once, but problem re-appeared. Windows Store is far too picky unfortunately to play anything else than freeware games. I need to have Windows 10 as unspoiled as a newborn baby. I am not the type of costumer Microsoft targets obviously...

Untitledrtsw5.jpg

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...s/44921696-512f-4d15-8ea4-f584eb84cd6b?auth=1

If the issue still persists, try the below method and check if it helps or not:

I would recommend you to reset the windows update component manually. Resetting Windows Update Components will fix corrupt Windows Update Components and help you to install the Updates quickly. Follow the below steps:

1. Press Windows Key + X on the keyboard and then select “Command Prompt (Admin)” from the menu.

2. Stop the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the Windows Update Services. To do this, type the following commands at a command prompt. Press the “ENTER” key after you type each command.

net stop wuauserv

net stop cryptSvc

net stop bits

net stop msiserver

3. Now rename the SoftwareDistribution and Catroot2 folder. You can do this by typing the following commands in the Command Prompt. Press the “ENTER” key after you type each command.

ren <C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old>

ren <C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old>

4. Now, let’s restart the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the Windows Update Services. Type the following commands in the Command Prompt for this. Press the ENTER key after you type each command.

net start wuauserv

net start cryptSvc

net start bits

net start msiserver

5. Type Exit in the Command Prompt to close it and then restart the computer.

Also refer the link below for more information

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3105210

CodeNfX

Anyone using the Hori Commander 4 on Joy2key? I can't seem to get the buttons to work only the directional input works. If you can show me the screenshot of the settings, I appreciate it.

Salty Hippo

Man, themes without stages is a fucking dumb idea. Who will bother selecting them manually? I didn't even know those characters had themes.

BHK3

Banned
So far I'm 4-0 in ranked qualifications and I see it wants to put me in silver, what's the point of that? Can't I just lose every match on purpose so I can get put in bronze and just stomp my way up?

So far I'm 4-0 in ranked qualifications and I see it wants to put me in silver, what's the point of that? Can't I just lose every match on purpose so I can get put in bronze and just stomp my way up?

Sure, but what does that accomplish? You would get into silver relatively quickly anyway, and you would just make a bunch of people who are actually bronze sad because they are getting stomped.

Seems mean! Dont be mean!

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity

Stomping your way up would be like 10 matches

BHK3

Banned
Sure, but what does that accomplish? You would get into silver relatively quickly anyway, and you would just make a bunch of people who are actually bronze sad because they are getting stomped.

Seems mean! Dont be mean!

Stomping your way up would be like 10 matches

Well forget I said anything, fought against two wrecking ball spamming rashes and didn't stand a chance. Won the rest of my but my first loss put me straight into bronze. WELP THANKS YOU GREEN DICKHEADED TOAD

Edit: It's gonna take me 1000 points to rank up...really...

Edit 2: After 16 grueling, boring, easy peasy matches(except for this one viking spinal he was legitness) I am now silver.

So is there no actual way to get Sadiras first ending if you bought the Ultra edition? The XP bonus makes it so no matter how intentionally shitty I play I always get the third ending.

shingi70

Banned
Any tips on playing good defense, I can play okay offense but my shadow score shows I suck at defense. Theblock being back on the dpad always throws me off.

I've already done that, wasted all my shadow meter, intentionally locked out, not done any enders, and it still puts me over the threshold to get ending 3.

It is either bugged, or you didn't change the difficulty to beginner. You can only unlock ending 3 on hard or above. You have to change the difficulty during character selection.

I've played a little bit over the last week when I've had time and I'm really enjoying it so far. I've managed to get around half way up the silver ladder whilst only using basic shit and I've got a few scrub questions:

1) How early can I input my ultra when I hit my opponent and they're already in danger?

2) What increases your combo level?

3) Can Hisako only combo manuals off of counter hits and is that universal?

4) How does cancelling into her parry work?

It is either bugged, or you didn't change the difficulty to beginner. You can only unlock ending 3 on hard or above. You have to change the difficulty during character selection.

I'm pretty sure you can unlock any ending on any difficulty, the difficulty stated under the ending is just how irretrievably difficult the task required to unlock the ending is.

I'm pretty sure you can unlock any ending on any difficulty, the difficulty stated under the ending is just how irretrievably difficult the task required to unlock the ending is.

From my experience I had to change the difficulty to unlock it.
Either way you are not unlocking it, it wouldn't hurt to try it my way. You asked for a suggestion.

snaffles

So is there no actual way to get Sadiras first ending if you bought the Ultra edition? The XP bonus makes it so no matter how intentionally shitty I play I always get the third ending.

Searching around the net it seems the endings are tied to performing ultras. The difficulty setting you play on is irrelevant apparently.
ENDING 1: No ultras
ENDING 2: Ultra rival
ENDING 3: Ultra Rival and Subboss

What are the odds IG will wait on patching the game until Mira comes out? Still getting the matchmaking DC which I've given up on trying to solve. Apparently it's not that uncommon.

Shadow Lab is fun but I'm starting to wear it out at this point.

Searching around the net it seems the endings are tied to performing ultras. The difficulty setting you play on is irrelevant apparently.
ENDING 1: No ultras
ENDING 2: Ultra rival
ENDING 3: Ultra Rival and Subboss
The thing is it tells you when you choose story mode the conditions for unlocking the endings, it also says NOTE: Hardest Criteria met will unlock. It shows the difficulty mode during the criteria that needs to be met. Ending 3 is on hard difficulty, even though he wants ending 1 he needs to set it to beginner so he doesn't meet the requirements for ending 2 or 3.
Edit: Looks like he correct. I am an idiot.

.la1n

What are the odds IG will wait on patching the game until Mira comes out? Still getting the matchmaking DC which I've given up on trying to solve. Apparently it's not that uncommon.

Doesn't fit with their usual patch time lines. If there are serious issues like with Kan-Ra right now they don't wait for a character release to patch. I expect it sooner than later.

As a side note, I love the KI offline community but the online community is some of the most obnoxious people I have ever had the displeasure of having to interact with. It's gotten even worse with the influx of new players. If they want new players to continue playing the game they might want to start looking into that a bit more.

NEO0MJ

It is not bad, but it is one of the least memorable themes for me.

Yeah, it's one of the weaker themes from the game IMO.

Any tips on playing good defense, I can play okay offense but my shadow score shows I suck at defense. Theblock being back on the dpad always throws me off.

Usually blocking downback is safer as it's much easier to react from overheads and jump attacks than it is to low attacks. Learning when to use which reversal at the right moment is also important. Who do you play?

Salty Hippo

Not sure know if by DC you mean just disconnect or crashes. I never had a disconnect but I'm getting crashes on matchmaking every single day. I've found that they are much more frequent at periods when there's likely not a lot of people playing. Very early in the morning for instance. When it's packed and matches come quickly it rarely occurs.

big_z

Heres a pro tip if youre on xbox and have been playing since season one buying the ultra editions.

-select killer instinct and go to manage game.
-if it shows all the characters, combo packs, ultra editions installed select uninstall all.(do not delete your save)
-reinstall the game but in this order killer instinct, season one ultra, season two ultra, season 3 ultra. DO NOT install anything else listed. you should only have four things installed when done.

doing this made menus and selecting characters in game is much smoother for whatever reason. the initial checking dlc at startup is still slow but the game is much snappier.

Heres a pro tip if youre on xbox and have been playing since season one buying the ultra editions.

-if it shows all the characters, combo packs, ultra editions installed select uninstall all.(do not delete your save)
-reinstall the game but in this order killer instinct, season one ultra, season two ultra, season 3 ultra. DO NOT install anything else listed. you should only have four things installed when done.

doing this made menus and selecting characters in game is much smoother for whatever reason. the initial checking dlc at startup is still slow but the game is much snappier.

Will try this when I get home from work today. Thanks for the tip

Dr. Buni

Yeah, it's one of the weaker themes from the game IMO.
So much that I had to listen to it on YouTube before commenting on that post. I just couldn't remember how it sounded like.

On the other hand, themes like Hisako's, Aganos', Thunder's and more recently, Arbiter's and Tusk's are extremely memorable to me. There are other great ones like Kim Wu's, Sabrewulf's, Spinal's, ARIA's... Fulgore's too, kinda? Not my thing, but it is not bad. But these I mentioned first are probably my favorites.

Oh I don't like Cinder's either :/ Orchid's got old really quick, too...

.la1n

Will give this a shot because right now it's probably the worst current gen UI I've used.

.la1n

KI misses Mick Gordon. Not feeling any of the new tracks, very generic basic stuff and overuse of the classic KI theme in the main orchestration. Tusk's theme could have been good but they used the only good part of the song as a temporary track when landing larger combos. The rest is like a Viking lullaby to put babies to sleep, not a fighting game theme.

Dr. Buni

^ I disagree. Arbiter, Kim Wu and Tusk's themes are in no way inferior to Mick's tracks. Can't say I like Rash's theme that much, though.
Hinnamatoom is incredible, still top five tracks in KI for me.
Even the name is perfection. I love that, according to Mick, Hinnamatoom is Chief Thunder's name in his language.

NEO0MJ

So much that I had to listen to it on YouTube before commenting on that post. I just couldn't remember how it sounded like.

On the other hand, themes like Hisako's, Aganos', Thunder's and more recently, Arbiter's and Tusk's are extremely memorable to me. There are other great ones like Kim Wu's, Sabrewulf's, Spinal's, ARIA's... Fulgore's too, kinda? Not my thing, but it is not bad. But these I mentioned first are probably my favorites.

Oh I don't like Cinder's either :/ Orchid's got old really quick, too...

Cinder's not bad, I prefer it over Fulgore's when it comes to heavy sounding tracks.

Hinnamatoom is incredible, still top five tracks in KI for me.

No doubt about it. It was the first track that really struck with me when watching a tournament.

Warxard

Banned
Rash's theme could have used more mixes from other Battletoads themes, like the riffs from Battletoads arcade and some of the later stages. Otherwise, it's a very fun theme.

I think the returning character themes are..safe? Nothing really new? A very nice rearrangement of what we've heard before. I don't like Tusk's theme though.

Arby's is awesome too. So personally Celldweller/APlug are 3/4 for me.

I've been noticing people trying to pick Tusk as a counter pick against Rash. With that big arching swing it keeps rash from using his tongue flick as a crossup. The last two tusks were successfully able to ground me, but I still won. It does seem people are learning character counter picks now though.

KI misses Mick Gordon. Not feeling any of the new tracks, very generic basic stuff and overuse of the classic KI theme in the main orchestration. Tusk's theme could have been good but they used the only good part of the song as a temporary track when landing larger combos. The rest is like a Viking lullaby to put babies to sleep, not a fighting game theme.

Yea Kim and Rash's theme both fall back to the KI theme for no reason and I really don't like it.

New guys are okay, but it's really hard to touch Mick's work. It seems like Mick is actually a fan of the game and understood characters while Celldweller and Atlas just read a fact sheet with character art to make their music. IMO Mick had a lot more passion for the franchise and fans.

Yea Kim and Rash's theme both fall back to the KI theme for no reason and I really don't like it.

New guys are okay, but it's really hard to touch Mick's work. It seems like Mick is actually a fan of the game and understood characters while Celldweller and Atlas just read a fact sheet with character art to make their music. IMO Mick had a lot more passion for the franchise and fans.

I think both Kim and Rash's themes are very good. I think the new guys did good, but Mick was phenomenal. I would rank him up with the best composers based off KI alone. He isnt generic at all, and he has a huge amount of diversity.

Top Bottom