• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer is Dead (Grasshopper, 360/PS3) screens

Mupod

I just realized that killer7 is probably the game I've owned the longest without ever actually playing. I'll uh...I'll get on that someday.

I'm amazed. How does Grasshopper put out so many games, when none of them seem to really do all that well at retail?

I'm glad they are able to stay open... don't get me wrong. But maybe they should share their secret with other developers, lol.

Elaborate Yakuza money-laundering scheme.

Shhhhhhh. It's a secret.

Jarmel

Banned
Enemy design is straight up from Shadows of the Damned. Character design is obviously No More Heroes and background and some gameplay elements are from Killer 7.

l_50f6d3e5f321bqtrxj.jpg

Reminds me of the girl from mgs3.

Lime

Am I the only one who is more or less annoyed by characters like this? With this pose? It just seems incredibly unappealing.

BkQsu.jpg

TGMIII

Is this true for Lollipop Chainsaw and Shadows of the Damned

At this stage the difference between the 360/PS3 versions of UE3 games are usually pretty negligible but if you want to look at pure numbers then the 360 version will always edge out the PS3 version.

Yawnier

Banned
I've never played a Suda51 game before but damn, those are some really nice screens.
Really impressive cel shading.

So the series is born on the Wii, sells better there to the point of being one of Grasshoppers record selling games. Yet if im not mistaken, no Wii U announcement so far?

Seems not fair at all.

antitrop

I love the art, but after Shadows of the Damned and Lollipop Chainsaw I've pretty much given up on Grasshopper at this point.

Shadows of the Damned may have been good, but I couldn't get past the graphics to actually bother playing the game. Lollipop Chainsaw was just despicable all around, save for the soundtrack.

Zaventem

So the series is born on the Wii, sells better there to the point of being one of Grasshoppers record selling games. Yet if im not mistaken, no Wii U announcement so far?

Seems not fair at all.

I'm certain Killer7 didn't start on the wii and this is a different series.

Lime

That pose tickles my cute radar to never-before-seen heights.

image.php

Seriously though, I'm of the opinion that most children in fiction are irritating. And all adults in fiction who acts like children are beyond deplorable.

Especially if said childish adults are sexualized in some way or another.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Twenty.

I have twenty boners.

I'm here to recommend Shadows of the Damned for those who haven't played it. Atmosphere and style is top notch and gameplay is very good IMO.

Trike

Since it is coming out for the 360, I am going to go ahead an assume it is coming out internationally as will. Otherwise they might as well just burn money instead of make a 360 release as Japan exclusive. Weird that this isn't available on the Wii U (as far as we know), but I'm sure a potential No More Heroes 3 will have a Wii U option. Probably wanted to make a game using a standard game controller.

Danielsan

Game looks incredibly stylish. I'm pretty much always in if it's a Suda joint. Hopefully these sees him return more to the old days of Killer 7 though.

I'm here to recommend Shadows of the Damned for those who haven't played it. Atmosphere and style is top notch and gameplay is very good IMO.
My favourite shooter of 2011. Atmosphere, music, style, humor and great gameplay. Some people shit on it's mechanics, but I consider these people nuts. They can stick to their crappy chest high walls.

Fixed, OH!

The way I approach all SUDA games is to go in expecting gameplay that would have made sense in an experimental NES game or some unusual Sega arcade game, with a story layered on top that's like if David Lynch got really drunk at a Karaoke bar, got up on a table and ad-libbed a derogatory impression of Quentin Tarantino writing a screenplay while a hostess bouncing on an even drunker Ringo Starr's knee tried to input the whole thing into her phone.

Lime

What would it take for the publisher to greenlight a PC version? What motivated Namco-Bandai to get FROM to do the (disappointing) Dark Souls port?

Considering the fact that Killer is Dead is UE3 and all, a PC version would do wonders to the art style.

Top Bottom