• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer is Dead (Grasshopper, 360/PS3) screens

xandaca

Would be nice if this made its way to Wii U, since there seems to be a decent number of Suda fans among Nintendo gamers. Sounds very similar to NMH though, and as much as the first game is one of my all-time favourites, the sequel was decidedly less interesting and its mechanics have already been repositioned once for Lollipop Chainsaw. I like Suda for (among other things) the surprises his games are able to spring, so hopefully this won't be the same game v.3.

I have a move, but not the Navigation controller, since it was a gift and I've never used Move for any game besides Dead Space

Is it good with just the Move wand?

That, I dunno. I would be surprised if it even functions without it, as NMH uses quite a few buttons in addition to motion.

Screens look great! I'm glad in the end that it turned out to be this, it's much better than what my realistic expectations were aiming at.

Am I rememberign it wrong or does the Mondo name have something to do with Flower, Sun and Rain?

Decado

Too bad this isn't coming to the PC :(

Hopefully the gameplay is great and it isn't released too late in the year.

Mesoian

So who's working with SUDA51 to ensure that this game is going to play as good as it looks?

Because while his games are fun to watch and look at, they are a fucking CHORE to play.

Looks great. Probably should play No More Heroes 1/2 before this comes out. Should I just get both or just play 1 or 2?

I'd say play one for the overall experience and a taste of the gameplay, then play two if you liked what one offered and want to see the gameplay elements expanded on.

Haunted

I saw it was Suda before I saw it was Suda.

Can definitely understand the No More Heroes spiritual successor comments.

lupinko

Day 1, even though I've just about given up core games.

Suda truly is the Robert Rodriguez of videogames.

Hot girl is hot.

Momentary

Banned
Damn. Would definitely pick this up for PC just for the art style alone. Can't really bring myself to go back to my 360 or PS3.

Day 1. Suda has not disappointed me yet (but I haven't played Sine More & Liberation Maiden, even though I already bought both) so I hope this isn't the exception. Can't judge anything aside from the amazing art from still pictures, so I can't wait for a gameplay video.

My dream scenario: This is the game Suda51 has actually been working on/directing himself since NMH1 while he let other people direct NMH2, Shadows of the Damned and Lollipop Chainsaw.

I'll definitely play it and probably enjoy it a lot either way, but I'll be disappointed if this ends up another Grasshopper game with only Suda51's name attached and not actually directed by him.

Persona86

Banned
My dream scenario: This is the game Suda51 has actually been working on/directing himself since NMH1 while he let other people direct NMH2, Shadows of the Damned and Lollipop Chainsaw.

I'll definitely play it and probably enjoy it a lot either way, but I'll be disappointed if this ends up another Grasshopper game with only Suda51's name attached and not actually directed by him.

So this is the game he REALLY put his focus and energy into, should be good.

Edit: didn't notice that it was your dream scenario oops.

Truth.

iavi

Being U3 didn't help bring Shadows of the Damned or Lollipop to the PC. I wouldn't hold your breath.

But Sine Mora came. Smaller title, granted, and came really late to boot, but it might be indicative of Grasshoppers interest in the space?

Either way, ill buy wherever it's released, if good.

Hiltz

So who's working with SUDA51 to ensure that this game is going to play as good as it looks?

Because while his games are fun to watch and look at, they are a fucking CHORE to play.

It doesn't look lik Suda 51 has released any details about that yet.

Rehynn

Day 1. Suda has not disappointed me yet (but I haven't played Sine More & Liberation Maiden, even though I already bought both)

But Sine Mora came. Smaller title, granted, and came really late to boot, but it might be indicative of Grasshoppers interest in the space?

Suda had nothing to do with the story or game design of Sine Mora. GhM was responsible for the music and the concept art only; most of the credit for the game should go to Hungary's Digital Reality. Either way, it's a really good game.

Liberation Maiden not so much, but it's still decent fun, and the music is kickass.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Either way, ill buy wherever it's released, if good.

Sine Mora was developed by a European team that mostly worked in PC games beforehand. Not really the same thing.

Moonlight

Banned
This looks absolutely gorgeous. I can't even feel upset about where the Famitsu hype train went, because good lord, this is pretty.

iavi

Suda had nothing to do with the story or game design of Sine Mora. GhM was responsible for the music and the concept art only; most of the credit for the game should go to Hungary's Digital Reality. Either way, it's a really good game.

Liberation Maiden not so much, but it's still decent fun, and the music is kickass.

Thanks for the correction. All this time, The only name I had heard attached to it was GHM.

E:you too, dragonzord.

Mononoke

Banned
I've always loved Suda games. Even when they have issues (Like Lollipop) I still enjoy them. I just hope this is a game actually worth paying full price for.

Duffyside

Banned
l_50f6d3e5f321bqtrxj.jpg

Ehh... This design looks really weird to me. Her torso seems really long. Is she an alien in a humanoid costume, cuz then I'm down.

Grasshopper putting out a new retail game during the otherwise barren summer release schedule three years in a row is worthy of praise.

English Eva needs an Essex born voice actress, the ability the outdrink Mondo Zappa and gratuitous bum pinching scenes to let him know who's boss.

Agreed.

So that Akira Yamaoka has the time to work on a survival-horror game.

Profile pages are longer up on the company website but unless something has changed, Masafumi Takada is working at Tango Gameworks.

Hag

So Suda is finally directing this or what? and yeah this game screams for Masafumi Takada soundtrack so bad ):

Top Bottom