• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer is Dead Import Impressions

I'm really curious about this game's vibe. I'm not a huge fan of stuff like Lolipop Chainsaw or No More Heroes, but I did enjoy Killer 7 because it was twisted , stylish and obscure.

Will I enjoy Killer is Dead ? I mean , those creepy disembodied voices, severed talking heads and ghosts along with the nonsensical plot twists and plot progression really was something unique and worth playing. I don't really care about the "cool" aspect or the "funny" aspect, i'm more into the "feel like i'm inside a psychopath's head" aspects.

I'm really curious about this game's vibe. I'm not a huge fan of stuff like Lolipop Chainsaw or No More Heroes, but I did enjoy Killer 7 because it was twisted , stylish and obscure.

Will I enjoy Killer is Dead ? I mean , those creepy disembodied voices, severed talking heads and ghosts along with the nonsensical plot twists and plot progression really was something unique and worth playing. I don't really care about the "cool" aspect or the "funny" aspect, i'm more into the "feel like i'm inside a psychopath's head" aspects.

It's still really weird, plot wise, but has more in common in terms of style and some subjects with Killer 7.

I was helping on the images, but Lavalamp told me he can't post it anymore, so it's up for grabs.

I could do it, but after the Project Diva debacle, I'm not sure that's the brightest idea.
Didn't Nemesis say that he'll take over? But would rather someone else did it cause he was busy making a new OT OT or something?

And I doubt you'll get the images wrong for Killer is Dead tbh

cj_iwakura

Didn't Nemesis say that he'll take over? But would rather someone else did it cause he was busy making a new OT OT or something?

And I doubt you'll get the images wrong for Killer is Dead tbh

Well I'm willing to, but I hold no accountability for any griping regarding screen resolution!
(I usually just grab them from google.)

cj_iwakura

I'd rather not use F*** off into space as the thread title, so alternate suggestions welcome.

I'll probably be using stuff from the official website by and large.

antibolo

Banned
No confirmation of a PSN release yet? :(

Why are you worried about this, PS3 retail games that aren't also digital on day 1 are super rare nowadays.

Also RE: Screen tearing. I'll never understand why screen tearing on current consoles is even a thing.

When you're working with fixed hardware and a fixed refresh rate, there's really no fucking excuse for tearing. I'm guessing they disable vertical redraw sync in a desperate attempt to squeeze as much performance as possible, but let's be honest, a game with tearing will always look worse than a slightly-less graphically fancy game without tearing.

I hope Sony and Microsoft enforce vsync next gen, because developers sure as hell can't be trusted to manage it responsively.

Xamdou

Seriously? Screen tearing at this point of the current gen's life cycle? Going to have to cancel my Killer is Dead limited edition.

EYEL1NER

Was really hoping to see an OT for the game. I think I am going to order it right now, the Newegg 10% off promo is still going on, so $54, free shipping, and all that bonus stuff sounds good to me. Ugh, $4.99 shipping?! Maybe I will hold off a bit then. I want it pretty badly, but only if I can get some kind of deal on it; I can't bring myself to pay a full $60. Damn...
Edit: I guess the artbook, soundtrack, and DLC are in first-run launch copies. So I can wait for the first sale or maybe some random promo that I can use towards it.

Astarte

Preordered at Gamestop...game doesn't even make it to their doors until Friday. I'll be playing Jojo by then so it'll just collect dust...XSeed pls

Top Bottom