• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 BETA invites For Europe sent out! (stop begging for keys, you dirty ponces

ChryZ

Good warm up games, guys.

Anyone noticed the guy with the [GG] clan tag? I was extra nice to him and revived his sorry ass like 5 times in one game. :lol

"00:00"? I'm screwed, gotta get up at 6am :|

ghst

thanks for the laugh
Fenderputty said:
Even the people who think this looks better than Crysis all know that it's technically not as impressive. People just tend to like the cinematic look and feel more than Crysis.

in the same way i know tf2 and mario galaxy aren't as technically impressive as crysis, yet i still find them more visually appealing. when i come to a thread full of salivating confessions of undying love and find at it's center a game that looks like as trite and uninteresting as this, i just thought i'd chime in on the discussion.

some of you guys seem to have a big problem with this, you should probably leave forums alone for a while.

Nafai1123

Banned
ghst said:
in the same way i know tf2 and mario galaxy aren't as technically impressive as crysis, yet i still find them more visually appealing. when i come to a thread full of salivating confessions of undying visual love and find at it's center a game that looks like as trite and uninteresting as this, i just thought i'd chime in on the discussion.

some of you guys seem to have a big problem with this, you should probably leave forums alone for a while.

I think people have a problem with you calling it "trite and uninteresting," when you know just as much about the single player story as any of us (jack shit) and considerably less than those in the mp beta.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
Nafai1123 said:
I think people have a problem with you calling it "trite and uninteresting," when you know just as much about the single player story as any of us (jack shit) and considerably less than those in the mp beta.

i'm talking about visuals, like everyone else in this thread.

Dante

ghst said:
if you're going to attempt to contend my point, you'll have to try a little harder than that.

OH PHEW, man, for a second i thought you were gonna call me gay.

what's with the hilarious drunken cowboy rag doll deaths too? every time someone takes a bullet it turns into a grade school production of hamlet.

Thanks for the laughs!

E3 2008 Sony Conference thread all from ghst.

so to summarise e3, if you really *must* play games, upgrade your pc.

yay, more bullfootage.

great, cgi teaser. way to go dipshits.

man, i love the looping of the same 4 games.

i'll definitely be buying this for pc!!

you know e3's in trouble when a portable, outsourced spin off is declared a megaton.

looks quite bad.

i can imagine him just stopping for a moment to catch his breathe, before breaking down on the floor crying and masturbating till some security guy pulls him off the stage.

this is how you buy movies, next up we show you how to balance your taxes and check the oil in your car!

watch tv on your ps3!!!?? and pay for it too!!

did he just call gt:5 prologue a full game?

sweet, a quarter of a r&c game.

sweet, wii games!

haha, ps2?

yeah, all those things that wow did 5 years ago.

resistance 2=hl2 redux, minus the thinking.

make r2 mouse+kb compatible and we'll talk. it's always painful watching the vague, uncomfortable stick movements on an otherwise okay demo.

and 'most number of exclusive titles of any platform' - what about the platform you just said 'everyone is leaving behind', jerk.

:lol

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
ChryZ said:
Good warm up games, guys.

Anyone noticed the guy with the [GG] clan tag? I was extra nice to him and revived his sorry ass like 5 times in one game. :lol

"00:00"? I'm screwed, gotta get up at 6am :|

I proposed 23:00. It's a 4 vs 4. I proposed a 10 vs 10. It's in Academy. I proposed Salamon. I dunno how we accepted the modification. It all went automatically. I can't even reject.

Are u showing up? Anyone?

ghst

thanks for the laugh
Nafai1123 said:
Oh, so you think KZ2's visuals are trite and uninteresting. That makes a lot more sense... :lol

Trite: lacking in freshness or effectiveness because of constant use or excessive repetition; hackneyed; stale.

if you can't atleast see my point further than your mocking little emoticon, you must've had your head in the fps sand ever since quake 2.

Crayon

ghst said:
what's with the hilarious drunken cowboy rag doll deaths too? every time someone takes a bullet it turns into a grade school production of hamlet.

Oh you know you love that. It's the best part.

On that note, I also noticed the abundance of "camerawork". I can't remember the last shooter that whipped the camera about like this does. Especially with the narrow field of view. Gears (over)did it too but the first person tunnel vision of kz2 takes it up a notch.

All this "viscerality" can work. Most people liked it in gears. I think it's what made that game. It's a trait that's easy to market. I didn't go for it in gears because of the comical absurdity of it's characters and everything they said.

I know that i'm in the minority as a person who finds gears embarrasing to play in the same way that a 14 year old would find mario galaxy embarrasing to play. Whether you are into it or not however, I say this is a dangerous thing to hitch a game off of. More often than not, serious gameplay concessions are made in the name of heightened on screen drama.

So far I'm digging KZ2's dirty violent vibe. But it is dangerously close -i'd say 80%- to gears as far as being so overbearingly dramatic and gorey and "hyper-visceral" that it feels more cumbersome than involving.

This is largely a matter of personal taste. I see traces of gears' dickless roid jackers in kz2's rico and bandana guy. Thank god you don't have to play as one. You get to be a had holding a gun like a normal game.

The question is, how will the game be after all this? I'm seeing a game that plays good enough. That is to say, simple and very smooth. Very streamlined. Designed not to bother anybody very much. Like gears or uncharted. Both boring as hell. But people love them because of the boomy presentation.

KZ2 actually looks really fun and I will probably buy and enjoy it because I do want to have the most graphically impressive console game even if i'm a little shootered out. And the gameplay probably will be at least good enough. I havn't played so I'm just observing. When I look at resistance 2 mp for example, I see a game that was designed gameplay first.... not cg trailer first.

ghst said:
in the same way i know tf2 and mario galaxy aren't as technically impressive as crysis, yet i still find them more visually appealing. when i come to a thread full of salivating confessions of undying love and find at it's center a game that looks like as trite and uninteresting as this, i just thought i'd chime in on the discussion.

I don't have a problem. I could care less if you spout off irrelevant crap.

If you understand why people think this game compares to Crysis, as you clearly just stated, why shit up a thread calling the game trite and uninteresting? You clearly don't know much about the title. Did you just want to hear yourself talk? I'm guessing so since you decided to use rather repetitious adjectives.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
ghst said:
Trite: lacking in freshness or effectiveness because of constant use or excessive repetition; hackneyed; stale.

if you can't atleast see my point further than your mocking little emoticon, you must've had your head in the fps sand ever since quake 2.
Wow at your post history as quoted above.

Talk about trite and uninteresting.

Crayon said:
When I look at resistance 2 mp for example, I see a game that was designed gameplay first.... not cg trailer first.

I totally felt the same way for a long time that KZ2 was just going to impress graphically but the little we have
heard from the people from the beta(and even more telling what we haven't heard) seems to suggest they
have gotten the gameplay just as polished.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
Crayon said:
Oh you know you love that. It's the best part.

On that note, I also noticed the abundance of "camerawork". I can't remember the last shooter that whipped the camera about like this does. Especially with the narrow field of view. Gears (over)did it too but the first person tunnel vision of kz2 takes it up a notch.

All this "viscerality" can work. Most people liked it in gears. I think it's what made that game. It's a trait that's easy to market. I didn't go for it in gears because of the comical absurdity of it's characters and everything they said.

I know that i'm in the minority as a person who finds gears embarrasing to play in the same way that a 14 year old would find mario galaxy embarrasing to play. Whether you are into it or not however, I say this is a dangerous thing to hitch a game off of. More often than not, serious gameplay concessions are made in the name of heightened on screen drama.

So far I'm digging KZ2's dirty violent vibe. But it is dangerously close -i'd say 80%- to gears as far as being so overbearingly dramatic and gorey and "hyper-visceral" that it feels more cumbersome than involving.

This is largely a matter of personal taste. I see traces of gears' dickless roid jackers in kz2's rico and bandana guy. Thank god you don't have to play as one. You get to be a had holding a gun like a normal game.

The question is, how will the game be after all this? I'm seeing a game that plays good enough. That is to say, simple and very smooth. Very streamlined. Designed not to bother anybody very much. Like gears or uncharted. Both boring as hell. But people love them because of the boomy presentation.

KZ2 actually looks really fun and I will probably buy and enjoy it because I do want to have the most graphically impressive console game even if i'm a little shootered out. And the gameplay probably will be at least good enough. I havn't played so I'm just observing. When I look at resistance 2 mp for example, I see a game that was designed gameplay first.... not cg trailer first.

from a certain perspective, yeah, i do love them. the part of me that thinks maybe this will be the starship troopers of video games, a parody so reflexive and close to the mark that half of the retard gun ho audience don't even notice. i mean, the single funniest moment in video game history was the gears tv trailer, a bunch of roid ragin' 40k rejects with skin problems WRECKING SHIT THE FUCK UP WITH AUTOMATIC CHAINSAW GUNS 'N SHIT to the pensive melancholy of 'mad world'. in the rain.

farce doesn't even begin to describe it.

Guenther

dallow_bg said:
Does it take a few shots to take someone down ala CoD4?
Or is it a rain of bullets and dodging ala say Resistance, UT3?

I really prefer the former.
It depends on the weapon, the distance and the target region you hit. But generally speaking it´s the former, which I prefer as well.

Mmmkay

TTP said:
I proposed 23:00. It's a 4 vs 4. I proposed a 10 vs 10. It's in Academy. I proposed Salamon. I dunno how we accepted the modification. It all went automatically. I can't even reject.

Are u showing up? Anyone?
Which 23:00 is that, I've only just got back from the pub. It's telling me 23:00 but I know you ain't BST. Plus nobody is online anyway it seems.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
Private Hoffman said:
JEsus what a fucking disgusting post history.

man, i shit on one of the three god awful key notes? please, send my apologies to jack tretton, i don't want him to turn down the photo of me next to his bed.

the personal offense some of you are taking to me stating that your digital messiah looks kinda STALE is insane.

and yeah, ps3 has by far the two best console exclusives this year, and since we're riding the aesthetic horse into the cold, dead ground, LBP looks absolutely beautiful, up there with crysis et al.

KZObsessed

TTP, I think it was my fault the altered challenge got accepted. I was checking the 3 invites you sent out and it just popped up clan challenge accepted, there was no X button at the bottom signifying I could select anything but maybe it went through anyway? Weird. Sorry anyway.

I'll show up at 23:00 hours. I want to see how it's going to work... even tho 4 vs 4 sucks :S

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Mmmkay said:
Which 23:00 is that, I've only just got back from the pub. It's telling me 23:00 but I know you ain't BST. Plus nobody is online anyway it seems.

It should be your time. It starts in 30 minutes.
I am online right now. At the Clan screen. Doesn't show me nobody as well.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
FFObsessed said:
TTP, I think it was my fault the altered challenge got accepted. I was checking the 3 invites you sent out and it just popped up clan challenge accepted, there was no X button at the bottom signifying I could select anything but maybe it went through anyway? Weird. Sorry anyway.

I'll show up at 23:00 hours. I want to see how it's going to work... even tho 4 vs 4 sucks :S

I'll demote you rightaway then! :lol

Just kidding. Did you get any kind of option to accept a clan challenge modification or something?

Are u online now? Cos I'm at the Online Members screen and it's empty.

KZObsessed

TTP said:
I'll demote you rightaway then! :lol

Just kidding. Did you get any kind of option to accept a clan challenge modification or something?

I think so but it was grayed out. I don't think I even pressed anything :S Just went through while I was looking at the info. I just assumed it was you.

The online members page doesn't show anyone for me either.

edit: yeh I'm on now, send me a psn friend request if you've got any space.

mr_nothin

Banned
ghst said:
man, i shit on one of the three god awful key notes? please, send my apologies to jack tretton, i don't want him to turn down the photo of me next to his bed.

the personal offense some of you are taking to me stating that your digital messiah looks kinda STALE is insane.

and yeah, ps3 has by far the two best console exclusives this year, and since we're riding the aesthetic horse into the cold, dead ground, LBP looks absolutely beautiful, up there with crysis et al.
fishtar-1.jpg

Cause you're trolling tactics are kinda....stale?

:p

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
FFObsessed said:
I think so but it was grayed out. I don't think I even pressed anything :S Just went through while I was looking at the info. I just assumed it was you.

The online members page doesn't show anyone for me either.

edit: yeh I'm on now.

Oh well. Lets just try to meet up in the clan match. I think it will be accessible right from the Events page 15 mins before it starts.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
It's up guys!

Go to Events and then hit Square and select Join Game.

Wow very nice. Works pretty flawlessly.

Mmmkay

Pretty sure I was a death yoyo at one point. Still muchos fun, and they did a really good job of making it feel like 12 vs 4.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
burnfout said:
Excactly!

Those guys knew what we were doing before we knew what we were doing.

Yeah. Well, they were all generals. Those DoA guys play a LOT. Fizzal is on the top 10 IIRC.

Too bad I didn't menage to revive you on Assassination. I was a split of a sec late.

Top Bottom