• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone 2 development underway

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Defensor said:

Whats the problem? Why only use the engine that they worked on for years only once. Seems like a waste to me if they don't put Killzone 2 on the PS2.

Took them damn near the whole generation to get this far, god only knows how long it would take them with the PS3. :p

And I hope it isn't for the PSP, something about handheld FPS games just doesn't fly with me. Doesn't fly at all...

Me hopes the first is good enough to warrant a sequel. I guess I'll find out soon enough w/ the beta.

I'm really torn on this one. It's got to have the most word of mouth of any game this side of Halo / GTA: SA despite almost no significant coverage.

Can it sell on hype? Or will the hype hurt it?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
sonycowboy said:
Me hopes the first is good enough to warrant a sequel. I guess I'll find out soon enough w/ the beta.

I'm really torn on this one. It's got to have the most word of mouth of any game this side of Halo / GTA: SA despite almost no significant coverage.

Can it sell on hype? Or will the hype hurt it?

I think the hype will help sales, but hurt it with the critics. People are going to come in with high expectations, and I honestly don't think Killzone can live up to all of them. I mean even DRIV3R could sell somewhat well with a blinding hype campaign. After seeing how people reacted after E3, I have a feeling Killzone will take a beating in the reviews. Even if Killzone is just a good game, its going to get bashed to hell and back. People were expecting a GREAT game, and expectations have a lot to do with how much you like a game.

Defensor said:
Hell, if Killzone 2 is underway, what about SOCOM 3?

They're working on downloadable content... still.. right? Wasn't there supposed to be some sort of an update in their August e-seals newsletter?

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
sonycowboy said:
They're working on downloadable content... still.. right? Wasn't there supposed to be some sort of an update in their August e-seals newsletter?
We're still waiting on it. It better not be some more single player maps though... At least give us the exclusive Korean Level to download Zipper!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
The mentioned Socom 3 in the E-seals newsletter on 7/14, but it's nothing to get excited about

NEW ONLINE GAME UPDATES IN THE WORKS
Zipper Interactive and SCEA are currently in the process of working on additional online updates. We will have more information on this development in our August newsletters.

As we continue to expand our SOCOM e-SEALs community, make sure to stay informed about the latest in SOCOM 3 news at www.SOCOMeSEALs.com!

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
sonycowboy said:

Totally ridiculous. I'm constantly amazed they've let this go with how popular the game has been for them online. What a shame.

teepo

socom3 needs to be a ps3 launch title. give me downloadable content on socom2, like 10 new maps in the next year or so and i'll be a happy camper.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Musashi Wins! said:
Totally ridiculous. I'm constantly amazed they've let this go with how popular the game has been for them online. What a shame.

I'll laugh if the downloadable content is for single player only

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Well they couldnt say it was a PS3 game even if it was at this point so i wouldnt put too much weight behind what they say.

megateto

They have worked on an engine for years, produced 2 games with it and now are working on a third one. It makes sense.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Wario64 said:
I'll laugh if the downloadable content is for single player only
F*ck that! That exclusive subway stage in the Korean version of SOCOM II showed off a seal and a terrorist(Sujo/Enowapi ones) running around the stage so it's safe to say if we get that lvl for download, it will be a mulitplayer map. With SOCOM II, the mulitplayer maps reflected a version of the single player ones you would play.

Ghost said:
Well they couldnt say it was a PS3 game even if it was at this point so i wouldnt put too much weight behind what they say.

A PS3 game would be 2+ years out, and that's assuming it was released at launch. I made a post several months ago speculating that we would see another iteration of quite a few franchises on the PS2 before it's all over. (Not including this holiday seasons GTA:SA, MGS3, AC5, DMC3, Jak3, R&C3, Sly 2, Getaway 2, GT4, Mark of Kri sequel, MK:Deception, NFSU, Goldeneye, Midnight Club:Dub, Burnout 3, Champions of Norrath, HSG: Fore, etc. Damn, that's a lot of sequels!)

Shompola

Banned
If they are smart they should make it a PS3 launch game. Launch games sell pretty good no matter how crappy they might be. So an average game should sell pretty good. And I am not implying that Killzone or Killzone 2 are average, just saying how launch games tend to sell I think.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Well a good sequel to killzone would take 2+ years too, seems a bit off planning to release a game right at the end of the PS2s lifespan.

Redbeard

Banned
PSP game?

If Killzone catches on, the PSP would be mighty attractive with the sequel on it (not that it isn't attractive already).

Top Bottom