• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone 2 - New trailer this weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

andycapps

nib95 said:
I think it is a BETA. I linked my PSN, they have favourite map/weapon details and everything. For what game? I'm guessing killzone 2.

Edit: Beaten badly!

It could be for the beta, or this could just be prepping for the site redesign they've been talking about for months. Also, those favorite map/weapon details are from Killzone: Liberation.

Wollan

Tom Penny said:
So is the new trailer going to be gameplay or shady tactics CGI like yesterdays Motorstorm and the original KZ2 trailer?
Does it matter? It's not like there's other console racers or shooters who can stand up to these two graphically.

Wollan said:
Does it matter? It's not like there's other console racers or shooters who can stand up to these two graphically.

He has a point though, CGI and 'target renders' really should have no place in today's next-generation console industry.

Wollan

Zedsdeadbaby said:
He has a point though, CGI and 'target renders' really should have no place in today's next-generation console industry.
Hey. Go tear up some Halo 3 & Gow 2 threads. There's absolutely no reason to bring this discussion here. There are 30min uncut gameplay videos of Killzone 2 on the net, go check out those.

Madman

Zedsdeadbaby said:
His post is nothing but a troll. We have already seen footage of the game.

Plenty of games debut with CG. Assasin's Creed and Bioshock come to mind. With those being two of many examples. It's a way to build hype while a game is in an unfinished state.

Kittonwy

Banned
Wherez my trailer? GG don't make me pon pon pata pon, I don't want to wait until teh weekend.
angry.gif

Wollan said:
Hey. Go tear up some Halo 3 & Gow 2 threads. There's absolutely no reason to bring this discussion here. There are 30min uncut gameplay videos of Killzone 2 on the net, go check out those.

Whoa whoa whoa. Bit of friendly fire there. :lol I'm one of the biggest Killzone 2 followers around. I have the uncut, high definition trailer on my PS3, and I'm not interested in GoW2 or Halo 3. I'm a bit irritated that you seem to think there's some console/fanboy war going on behind the scenes just because we disagree on something trivial such as trailer CGI or realtime.

The hostility between percieved different console owners on this board is a bit unsettling at times. Just chill Wollan.

nib95

Banned
Zedsdeadbaby said:

Until in-game visuals match CG quality graphics (basically never) there will always be a place for CG.

Zedsdeadbaby said:

The motorstorm trailer was a teaser. Basically just to say, 'we're working on MS2'. Nothing more.

Safe Bet

Banned
Zedsdeadbaby said:
The hostility between percieved different console owners on this board is a bit unsettling at times.
You should see the icy cold stares I get when I walk into my local EB Games and mention anything Playstation...

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Safe Bet said:
You should see the icy cold stares I get when I walk into my local EB Games and mention anything Playstation...
You should've seen the guy in my local gamestore, he actually gave me the 360-version of Army of Two while I asked for the PS3-version. Trying to convince me that the 360-version was better because of "better controller and achievements". Seriously, this rivalry thing is getting out of hand.

emic

neorej said:
You should've seen the guy in my local gamestore, he actually gave me the 360-version of Army of Two while I asked for the PS3-version. Trying to convince me that the 360-version was better because of "better controller and achievements". Seriously, this rivalry thing is getting out of hand.
:lol thats just sad.

FirewalkR

neorej said:

Did he cry?

I'd be ok with being a guinea pig :D

painful fart said:
I bet they are planning to expand the Home beta and testing out the Killzone lobby.

Using Killzone fans as guinea pigs. :D

I signed up and linked my PSN account just in case.

Metalmurphy said:
Interesting... it uses the same linking method as the EU forum, I wonder if this is some kind of code that all developers can use.

Most likely.

Hopefully Resistance 2 uses this method of logging in when the community site for R2 is up ;o

Zedsdeadbaby said:

I think there is still is a need for high quality CGI itself, but using it as 'target renders' yeah, it's pretty much not needed anymore. Remember all that bullshit 'target render' crap devs kept pulling in the beginning of this generation, and it certainly didn't help with Sony Bullshit 2005 (E3 2005).

Luckily Sony has been pretty good with showing off Killzone 2.

Tom Penny said:
Thus they shouldn't have to show CGI genius....

The CGI was shown in 2005. The ingame footage was shown a long time afterwards. You seem to be a little confused. Guerilla has shown us the game plenty of times and even let people play on it at Leipzig. They haven't done CGI renders or anything ever since the announcement at E3 2005. You can even download some gameplay footage off the PSN.

I think there is still is a need for high quality CGI itself, but using it as 'target renders' yeah, it's pretty much not needed anymore. Remember all that bullshit 'target render' crap devs kept pulling in the beginning of this generation, and it certainly didn't help with Sony Bullshit 2005 (E3 2005).

Luckily Sony has been pretty good with showing off Killzone 2.

I think Sony has learnt a few lessons, as well as Microsoft. I remember Peter Moore expressing regret that he went the route of in-progress actual gameplay footage instead of target renders that year, which made Microsoft seem poor compared to Sony who was doing target renders everywhere and passing it off as realtime. Microsoft are now a bit weary of showing games in progress, which helped to foster the CGI culture in development which is a bit of a shame in my opinion. Sony on the other hand, took quite a beating in the media for a long time, and despite the recent Motorstorm 2 trailer, held back on its CGI habits. They knew the PS3 could do a lot more at the time, but didn't have the games or confidence to show it back then. They do now, as you can see with Killzone 2, Gran Turismo 5, Uncharted, and so on. I don't think we'll ever see anything like E3 2005 again.

I just noticed, I signed up on the Killzone site, and on my profile page, there's parts for 'favourite weapon' 'favourite map' and so on. It seems linked to the actual Killzone 2 game, much like how Bungie.net and Halo 3 works. Killzone's site is more fluid and not such a bitch to load though. Interestingly, there is also an 'unlockables' section at the bottom of the profile page.

Madman

Zedsdeadbaby said:
I just noticed, I signed up on the Killzone site, and on my profile page, there's parts for 'favourite weapon' 'favourite map' and so on. It seems linked to the actual Killzone 2 game, much like how Bungie.net and Halo 3 works. Killzone's site is more fluid and not such a bitch to load though. Interestingly, there is also an 'unlockables' section at the bottom of the profile page.
Or is it like how Killzone: Liberation works?

iceatcs

So who is going?
I am, but I was hoping my friend give my digital camera back.
Might have to use my K850i which it is still good enough as my camera.

Do they have a media event only? Then we might able to see some early or after.

kbear

I registered to killzone.com but haven't got their e-mail confirmation yet... it shouldn't take this long. Btw, killzone.com is a really heavy site... tons of flash and videos on the front page. It actually crashed my firefox twice in a row...need to get a new PC. It does look pretty slick

edit, as soon as i posted that i got the email... wow i like the integration, friends lists, messages, probably stat tracking, the multi-player is shaping up to be huge.

kbear

By the way, if you want a better chance at getting in the beta, I remember reading in the official forum in the Ask Dev thread that people who contribute regularly to the forum will be looked at first. Not guaranteed if you post there but you have a better chance. I've been lurking for years but never really posted anything...hopefully it's not too late to start.

Firewire

Banned
Wollan said:
It's getting a redesign. No one's happy with it including Guerrilla.

It is a bit heavy like you say, but I don't think its really that bad. I'm kind of surprised it hasn't been redesigned yet, didn't they say a few months ago, that they were already working on it?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
kbear said:
I registered to killzone.com but haven't got their e-mail confirmation yet... it shouldn't take this long. Btw, killzone.com is a really heavy site... tons of flash and videos on the front page. It actually crashed my firefox twice in a row...need to get a new PC. It does look pretty slick

edit, as soon as i posted that i got the email... wow i like the integration, friends lists, messages, probably stat tracking, the multi-player is shaping up to be huge.

took me a bit too. I'm all signed up though! I'm so hyped... probably gunna be letdown :(.

Firewire

Banned
Wollan said:
They've been admitting to be working on a redesign since early last fall.

That long! Wow, they must have something really big planned or its done, and they are just waiting on a special date to relaunch it.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
how do I know when my account is officially linked to the site? Also wasn't there another site you could link your account for something? I wanna catch up on this stuff.

FirewalkR

Firewire said:
That long! Wow, they must have something really big planned or its done, and they are just waiting on a special date to relaunch it.

Given the importance of the title and the budget involved, I'd say they want to have a site with lots of functionality, something like I imagine bungie.net is (since i haven't played halo online, but heard good things about the site). Sony is going to pull out all the stops with this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom