• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone 2 Public Beta email recieved

Kaako

Felium Defensor
bishoptl said:
I think I'll hop on now, I've been playing Far Cry 2 all day and need a change.
The GAF ZONE 2 is closed :(
Noone was on so I shut it down.
Please don't ban me.

Btw, you playing Far Cry 2 on console or PC?

aj2good4you2 said:
to everyone asking about the clan

Im the leader right now so if you need an invite either post a request on here,PM me, or send my a message on PSN! I do try to read all the pages and look for people asking for invites so if i missed anyone tell me.

so far the following people have NOT accepted the clan invite yet:

J2d
Kaako
Arkestra
Liquidspeed
Melfice7
Dibbz
Grayman222
bbyybb_us
matmanx1
mauaus
alba17
thugmuffin77

19 members so far!:D

also forgot to thank kaako for hosting earlier, was tons of fun!

I would love to be in the clan! PSN name is cjtiger300

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Sorry, didn't mean to go off track...
If enough people are down for tonight, I'll reopen the doors of GAF ZONE 2 and let the blood lust take over.

Core407

Banned
Kaako said:
Sorry, didn't mean to go off track...
If enough people are down for tonight, I'll reopen the doors of GAF ZONE 2 and let the blood lust take over.

I was about to say I'm going back on but i'm going to just join another match with more people. I'll post the name of if if people want to join.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Core407 said:
I was about to say I'm going back on but i'm going to just join another match with more people. I'll post the name of if if people want to join.
Sounds good, but a bunch of them have the exact name. Either way, I'll hop on right now and see what's up. If more people join then we can have our own room but for now we can crash other rooms.

EDIT: I'm in Room "Game AfroJustice".

Core407

Banned
Kaako said:
Sounds good, but a bunch of them have the exact name. Either way, I'll hop on right now and see what's up. If more people join then we can have our own room but for now we can crash other rooms.

Theres one called like AFroJustice Afro is definitely in the name and it should be around 30/32.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
jett said:
This thread makes it seem like fucking everyone in GAF got a code but a few.
There are way less people in this beta than most of Sony's recent ones. Don't feel bad, you're in good company.

J-Rzez

jett said:
This thread makes it seem like fucking everyone in GAF got a code but a few.

Beta's almost over, but look at it this way, first time you play it, it'll be brand new! And you'll get it with all the tweaks and fixes, thus furthering your experience.

I can't believe all these people here getting that fucking invite. Fuckers. I'm just lucky one of my best friends got one

Dunlop

As mentioned before (I was joking about the beta code). I'm pretty new to the PS3 side of the fence. What needs to be done to get beta invites? I clicked on the Sony and 3rd party groups to send me promotion info when I created my PSN account.

Do I need to do anything else?

thx

Firewire

Banned
Dunlop said:
As mentioned before (I was joking about the beta code). I'm pretty new to the PS3 side of the fence. What needs to be done to get beta invites? I clicked on the Sony and 3rd party groups to send me promotion info when I created my PSN account.

Do I need to do anything else?

thx
Become a Playstation Underground member.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
What a hectic awesome match...when it's on it's freaking ON. Sooo good.
I think mine froze right now though. :/

mr_nothin

Banned
Ok, I dont know what the hell is going on BUT KZ2 is now in DESPERATE need of auto team balancing. The last 4 matches I just played was a bunch of spawn camping.We COULD NOT get out of spawn no matter what we did. It was only because teams were stacked. we're talking 16 vs 7 and 14 vs 6 here. GG really needs to add some auto team balancing.

GamerSciz

mr_nothin said:
Ok, I dont know what the hell is going on BUT KZ2 is now in DESPERATE need of auto team balancing. The last 4 matches I just played was a bunch of spawn camping.We COULD NOT get out of spawn no matter what we did. It was only because teams were stacked. we're talking 16 vs 7 and 14 vs 6 here. GG really needs to add some auto team balancing.

Dude I know exactly what you mean. However earlier tonight the servers were empty because I kept getting the network error along with everyone else. When I finally got in there was 5 of us and at one point the people had 4 vs 1, me being the 1. Well I tried it for a bit but said screw this it's not even fun. Also, I have already said on the beta forums how the Helghast spawns on Blood Gracht and Radec Academy NEED to be fixed. They are too closed off and forced to go certain ways which are easily held by the ISA. There are definitely some issues with the game but granted this is a beta afterall. Even with all those issues, this is the most fun I have had with a shooter ever. Nothing else plays like it.

mr_nothin

Banned
LilSciz said:
Dude I know exactly what you mean. However earlier tonight the servers were empty because I kept getting the network error along with everyone else. When I finally got in there was 5 of us and at one point the people had 4 vs 1, me being the 1. Well I tried it for a bit but said screw this it's not even fun. Also, I have already said on the beta forums how the Helghast spawns on Blood Gracht and Radec Academy NEED to be fixed. They are too closed off and forced to go certain ways which are easily held by the ISA. There are definitely some issues with the game but granted this is a beta afterall. Even with all those issues, this is the most fun I have had with a shooter ever. Nothing else plays like it.
Yea the game is genius...great fun. I love it.
People usually choose ISA though because helghast has eyes that can be seen from a distance and gives away their position. But they're working on a fix for it :D

LilSciz said:

Again, it's more a function of unbalanced teams than anything else. The map designs are fine.

mr_nothin said:
Yea the game is genius...great fun. I love it.
People usually choose ISA though because helghast has eyes that can be seen from a distance and gives away their position. But they're working on a fix for it :D

I hope the fix is to make the ISA's helmets glow blue and not to tone down the Helghast's red glow.

I actually like the fact that you can see the helghast from a distance. It's a cool mechanic and makes for some interesting strategy.

icechai

to those above ^^, check the NDA thread on the beta forums. Betas are betas and the devs are quite good about talking to the testers and hearing their opinions... in the beta forum :p

oh and i love this game as well :)

GamerSciz

icechai said:
to those above ^^, check the NDA thread on the beta forums. Betas are betas and the devs are quite good about talking to the testers and hearing their opinions... in the beta forum :p

oh and i love this game as well :)

I am on the beta forums right now making some posts haha. Regardless, yea they have already confirmed many things will be / are fixed in the final game. They stated that the beta is on a month or two old build of code. That makes me even more impressed and excited at what the final game has to offer.

icechai

LilSciz said:
I am on the beta forums right now making some posts haha. Regardless, yea they have already confirmed many things will be / are fixed in the final game. They stated that the beta is on a month or two old build of code. That makes me even more impressed and excited at what the final game has to offer.

hehe saw that you posted, i was actually referring to this though:

"The Public Beta is still confidential and falls under the license agreement you all automatically agree to when participating in the Beta. This includes screenshots/movies from the game, giving out info to third parties and also anything that is said on this forum!"

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Metalmurphy said:
That's not really impressive tbh :p

No different then what we saw in Stranglehold or Gears 2.
I still like it.
The important thing is the features that a game have, not the features that other games already have.

Stay positive :D

GamerSciz

Firewire said:
Become a Playstation Underground member.

This, and make sure you register everything you have in terms of games and systems. Without registering your PS3 on Playstation Underground, truth is, they don't know for a fact you own the necessary hardware to be in a beta. Also, list your games showing that you don't just have one or two but maybe six or seven. Meaning, you like the PS3 and are a pretty hardcore gamer. They don't want just anyone in their beta who will play the game not enjoy it and not play again. They want people willing to play it even with it's bugs/glitches and be willing to give feedback. That's the whole point of a beta afterall.

Oneself

Rapping Granny said:
ok this is lame, I just figured out that you can't register your PS3 system on PSU if you are from Canada.

I'm pretty sure you can.. because I did, and I'm from Québec. -_- And I'm in the beta :D

mauaus

aj2good4you2 said:
to everyone asking about the clan

Im the leader right now so if you need an invite either post a request on here,PM me, or send my a message on PSN! I do try to read all the pages and look for people asking for invites so if i missed anyone tell me.

so far the following people have NOT accepted the clan invite yet:

J2d
Kaako
Arkestra
Liquidspeed
Melfice7
Dibbz
Grayman222
bbyybb_us
matmanx1
mauaus
alba17
thugmuffin77

19 members so far!:D

also forgot to thank kaako for hosting earlier, was tons of fun!

Ill reply as soon as i get home!! thanx man!

JardeL

AranhaHunter said:
Can you share the code with a buddy or are they banning if you do that?
You can , share with me :D ..

Lots of beta members broke NDA , none of them banned. NDA is nothing but bs .

Seb Downie - QA Manager - Guerrilla Games said:
All EU codes apart from some special requests have gone out. There are no more waves planned.
:/

Rapping Granny said:
Not working :(, I even tried to do it ony PS3 browser and checked several times behind the console to check the code again.

maybe I have to put "serial" in the beginning?

Strange . . . I put in everything after serial#: which started as CE on mine. There were two number segments. I put in both but it only required the first segment (about 11 digits or so). If it helps I find the information under the "Registered Owner" link on the bottom left of the us.playstation.com website after I have signed in and gone into "My account". No doubt that is where you are going . . .

It should work and if it does not then perhaps you should call customer service. Looking over my account details I realize that I probably got into this beta because I had everything registered on that website, so it is a good thing to have for the future.

jett said:
AWESOME, Guerrilla mentioned before that the only different between SP and MP would be destructible environments, I guess they managed to include it in both modes after all.

There is expected to be no graphical difference between sp and mp? I mean, mp is already better looking than the vast majority of sp games, and I think I can safely say that it exceeds my expectations for graphics this gen, but I would think they could add another level of polish to it. Though I suppose if they invest their resources in cutting down any vsync issues, texture pop-in and loading then that is the right type of polish to add.

jett

D-Member
the_prime_mover said:
There is expected to be no graphical difference between sp and mp? I mean, mp is already better looking than the vast majority of sp games, and I think I can safely say that it exceeds my expectations for graphics this gen, but I would think they could add another level of polish to it. Though I suppose if they invest their resources in cutting down any vsync issues, texture pop-in and loading then that is the right type of polish to add.

It's what the Guerrilla guy said in some interview, there'd be no differences other than what I mentioned. Apparently now there are no differences whatsoever. :p

Kaako

Felium Defensor
mr_nothin said:

That's because the games you've probably played did NOT have Faction Balancing turned ON. If you can choose what side you want to be on, Faction balancing is not turned on. When turned on, you can only choose the middle option which chooses for you based on how many people are on the other team.

GAF ZONE 2 room will always have faction balancing turned ON. It is really hard for a team that's down man power to come out victorious unless they're really good. Even harder if it's objective based.

Top Bottom