• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone 2 Public Beta email recieved

mr_nothin

Banned
Kaako said:
That's because the games you've probably played did NOT have Faction Balancing turned ON. If you can choose what side you want to be on, Faction balancing is not turned on. When turned on, you can only choose the middle option which chooses for you based on how many people are on the other team.

GAF ZONE 2 room will always have faction balancing turned ON. It is really hard for a team that's down man power to come out victorious unless they're really good. Even harder if it's objective based.
That's not the way I would want it done though. I'd want it to be more in line with counterstrike: source. Where you can choose the teams you want but if people start team stacking then a few people are automatically switched over in the middle of the game. That way, not everyone has to randomly choose a team.

DaFish

mr_nothin said:
That's not the way I would want it done though. I'd want it to be more in line with counterstrike: source. Where you can choose the teams you want but if people start team stacking then a few people are automatically switched over in the middle of the game. That way, not everyone has to randomly choose a team.

But, In CS there are "Rounds", in Killzone "one game" (mutliple objectives) can last for 20 min or more.

mr_nothin

Banned
DaFish said:
But, In CS there are "Rounds", in Killzone "one game" (mutliple objectives) can last for 20 min or more.
When somebody dies just switch em over AND let them know.
Also, is there a way to tell who's talking on the mic? (in game indicator...letting you know which player model is talking)

EDIT:
Are the servers down again?

mauaus

AranhaHunter said:
This game is fucking awesome, COD 4 kind of awesome. How long is the beta gonna go for?
Forever i hope :D

On another note... i was sucking big time today... but i had never played a game with so many damn scout snipers... fuck them, fuck them all to hell!!

Melfice7

scouts are ok, it's the damned saboteurs that annoy me Ò_ó i keep dying by their hands! i cant bother to aim at every friend to see if the crosshair turns red :O im too nervous looking at everything else trying to stay alive xD

mauaus said:
Forever i hope :D

On another note... i was sucking big time today... but i had never played a game with so many damn scout snipers... fuck them, fuck them all to hell!!
I would think it must be difficult to properly balance but I hope that's the case because I really don't want to see everyone gravitating to just one or two classes after the full title ships.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Melfice7 said:
scouts are ok, it's the damned saboteurs that annoy me Ò_ó i keep dying by their hands! i cant bother to aim at every friend to see if the crosshair turns red :O im too nervous looking at everything else trying to stay alive xD
Staying alive is a challenge within itself for some jackass like me. The term "patience" does not compute when it comes to fps games. I keep running all over the place trying to flank enemies and as a result I die a lot. I also get a decent amount of kills though, but I just can't play it all tactical and shit. My game plan consists of setting up turret @ good spot, flank flank flank.

I <3 this beta.

The Nature Roy said:
I would think it must be difficult to properly balance but I hope that's the case because I really don't want to see everyone gravitating to just one or two classes after the full title ships.

a team filled with scout snipers isn't going to do so hot in an objective based game

you really need a balanced team to pwn

and you need to change up your priority class depending on the objective

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Private Hoffman said:
a team filled with scout snipers isn't going to do so hot in an objective based game

you really need a balanced team to pwn

and you need to change up your priority class depending on the objective
True, but my Engineer is fit for all the modes...he's special.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Kuroyume said:
I hate that I suck at this game so much.
Join the club lol jk. Have you memorized all the maps? Does the game flow for you when you play?
I was getting butchered at first, but after a while, the game just flowed. It's weird to explain it but I knew exactly what route I wanted to take, how I would get there and what I would do when I got there. I noticed that I played the game more comfortably that way and my score at the end of the game increased dramatically.

Halvie said:
dumb flame bait question, but does anyone in the beta have Gears 2? Which do you think has the more solid multiplayer?

Yeah, I do.

Killzone 2 is my favorite multiplayer online game this gen. It's simply that good.

Gears 2 has fun multiplayer modes, but the controls and mechanics just do not work well, IMHO. Perhaps it's because it's a third person shooter, but it's also because of the weapon switching. It is slow and unresponsive. I can't tell you how many times I hit the dpad in an intended direction, only for it to select a different weapon. The fact that I have to take my thumb off the movement analog stick just to select a weapon bothers me. There's also cover issues where you try and take cover but it doesn't register. It's stuff like that which really bothers me and prevents me from liking Gears multiplayer as much as Halo 3 or CoD4; it's just not as fluid. I think Gears works better as a co-op game.

They're not really comparable overall though, as their play style is significantly different. Killzone 2 is a lot better though imho.

Kuroyume

Banned
Kaako said:
Join the club lol jk. Have you memorized all the maps? Does the game flow for you when you play?
I was getting butchered at first, but after a while, the game just flowed. It's weird to explain it but I knew exactly what route I wanted to take, how I would get there and what I would do when I got there. I noticed that I played the game more comfortably that way and my score at the end of the game increased dramatically.

I haven't memorized them yet, but admittedly I haven't played the beta much since getting it because I've been preoccupied with the L4D demo and COD:WaW beta. The mechanics are also pretty peculiar and that will take time to adapt to. I just hope that I can frustrate people in the future as much as people are frustrating me now. :lol

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Halvie said:
dumb flame bait question, but does anyone in the beta have Gears 2? Which do you think has the more solid multiplayer?
I do as well.
Gears 2 multiplayer is the biggest issue for me right now and I'm sure Epic is working on a patch...takes a long ass time to get into a game.
KZ2 is in a BETA phase right now so it wouldn't really be fair to complete a retail version game to a beta, but I do personally prefer KZ2 multiplayer because it's more my style. Don't like 3rd person shooters for multiplayer which is why I never got really into R6, Graw2, or Socom. I absolutely love the class system in KZ2 and I think it works very very well even for beta phase.

One thing though, if KZ2's single player is as good/fun a ride as Gears 2 then I'll be a happy man. I mean in terms of cool and fun set pieces.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Kuroyume said:
I haven't memorized them yet, but admittedly I haven't played the beta much since getting it because I've been preoccupied with the L4D demo and COD:WaW beta. The mechanics are also pretty peculiar and that will take time to adapt to. I just hope that I can frustrate people in the future as much as people are frustrating me now. :lol
O man, once you know every inch of the map and really feel the flow of the game, then the real fun begins! The controls definitely take some adjusting too, but you'll get really used to them as you play more of the beta.

Nizz

How much longer does the beta last again? I keep having connection problems and it discourages me from playing. Last night I was playing and the game/screen just froze :( When I get in, it's great. I was playing in a match where someone's clan tag said "NGAF". I was assuming it was somebody here? Also, somebody was seriously pissing me off with a rocket launcher.. Holy sh!t somebody just kept tagging my ass with it! I definitely have to get a headset by the time the full game comes out. It's hard to tell who has one and who doesn't. I remember somebody kept yelling my name out, not guessing that I probably didn't have a headset? Oh well...

mr_nothin

Banned
Rapping Granny said:
NO! you shut your god damn face up buddy. NO!

BELIEVE!
30hvghu.jpg

???

Cause you wont be playing KZ2 :p

Kaako

Felium Defensor
fps fanatic said:
How much longer does the beta last again? I keep having connection problems and it discourages me from playing. Last night I was playing and the game/screen just froze :( When I get in, it's great. I was playing in a match where someone's clan tag said "NGAF". I was assuming it was somebody here? Also, somebody was seriously pissing me off with a rocket launcher.. Holy sh!t somebody just kept tagging my ass with it! I definitely have to get a headset by the time the full game comes out. It's hard to tell who has one and who doesn't. I remember somebody kept yelling my name out, not guessing that I probably didn't have a headset? Oh well...
What's your PSN id...maybe you were in the same room as me [NGAF]Kaako or Core407 most likely. I was doing so good too and my game froze right near the end. :(
If you were Rocket-spammed, then it was probably FFObsessed. ;P
<3

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Kittonwy said:
Holy shit graphics polish, teh gun is actually lit correctly in light and shadows, lookat dem shadows and self-shadowin, lookat dem HDR/tone-mappin.
angry.gif
You're not in the beta Kitton?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!

mr_nothin

Banned
Kittonwy said:
Holy shit graphics polish, teh gun is actually lit correctly in light and shadows, lookat dem shadows and self-shadowin, lookat dem HDR/tone-mappin.
angry.gif
THIS GAME is like the DEFINITION of uniformed lighting. There is not 1 thing that is not affected by light. Also, when someone is in the shadows...you know their in the shadows. It's not like in other games where things look like their suppose to be lit and they're not...and they just look like they're floating above the ground. The lighting in this game is amazing. No jaggy shadows or anything.

DeadGzuz

Banned
I hope they use their time to add co-op for the campaign and make the story decent.

Where is my beta invite Sony? I've been a loyal PSN user!

gogogow

Multiplayer looks fantastic, wow at destructible environments.
But imo it takes too many bullets to kill someone. It should be somewhere between COD4 and Resistance.

mr_nothin

Banned
gogogow said:
Multiplayer looks fantastic, wow at destructible environments.
But imo it takes too many bullets to kill someone. It should be somewhere between COD4 and Resistance.
Too many bullets?
Really?

Bad aim?
It feels perfect to me. I hate how fast people die in COD4. It makes it a jump in/jump out kind of game. I dont think it would fit with this.

gogogow said:

It's worth noting that the Assault badge makes your armor twice as strong. That could explain why it seems to take awhile to kill someone.

gogogow

mr_nothin said:
Too many bullets?
Really?

Bad aim?
It feels perfect to me. I hate how fast people die in COD4. It makes it a jump in/jump out kind of game. I dont think it would fit with this.
That's why I said somewhere BETWEEN COD4 and Resistance.

SolidSnakex said:
It's worth noting that the Assault badge makes your armor twice as strong. That could explain why it seems to take awhile to kill someone.
Hopefully that explains it.

Top Bottom