• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone 2 Public Beta email recieved

KZObsessed

PM sent Core + Kaako.

For those that are gonna play in the GAF games and plan to be in the Clan come February. Send me a friend invite!

PSN same as name here, mention you're from GAF and name etc.

lunlunqq

Lovely Salsa said:
In the latest matches I've played, some of the enemies turned themselves into one of your guys and trick you into thinking they're on your side??

How is that possible? In any case, its way way WAY overpowered. I got killed several times thinking the guy is on my side. Is it the sniper class?

Move your reticle onto a character, if it turns to red, FIRE!!!

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Lovely Salsa said:
In the latest matches I've played, some of the enemies turned themselves into one of your guys and trick you into thinking they're on your side??

How is that possible? In any case, its way way WAY overpowered. I got killed several times thinking the guy is on my side. Is it the sniper class?

Start Sab checking :lol

Kaako

Felium Defensor
WHOAguitarninja said:
How does one go about getting into this beta?
PSU email if you're lucky...seems totally random the way they do it though.
You might wanna link your PSN account to Killzone.com as well. I did that a long time ago.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Core407 said:
Do the saboteurs show up as red dots on the radar still when pretending to be the opposing team?
I'm guessing they have to when firing weapons. Not really sure though.
I'll host again tonight with increased player cap, auto-balance on, and all modes. It shall be glorious!

Core407

Banned
Kaako said:
I'm guessing they have to when firing weapons. Not really sure though.
I'll host again tonight with increased player cap, auto-balance on, and all modes. It shall be glorious!

Yeah, hopefully I'll be on and my mic will be charged so you guys can hear the expletives fly.

kenta

Has no PEINS
omgggggggg I just unlocked the shotgun and it feels sooooooooo good, it's such a nice contrast to the rifle. Haven't really sat down with the SMG yet but I've used it in short bursts via pickups and wasn't all that impressed. The shotgun is a beauty, though

One other thing I would add is some sort of grenade arc so I have an idea as to where I'm about to chuck it. There is already such a long delay in throwing it, the least they could do is throw us a bone and let us estimate where it'll land

Kaako

Felium Defensor
mauaus said:
How does one go about joining the GAF Clan
TTP said:
I have appointed Doc Evils leader of the NeoGhaf clan I created. So if you are looking for an invite in that clan, he's the man to hammer with PMs :p
I've already PM'd Doc, but no reply yet.

kenta said:
omgggggggg I just unlocked the shotgun and it feels sooooooooo good, it's such a nice contrast to the rifle. Haven't really sat down with the SMG yet but I've used it in short bursts via pickups and wasn't all that impressed. The shotgun is a beauty, though

One other thing I would add is some sort of grenade arc so I have an idea as to where I'm about to chuck it. There is already such a long delay in throwing it, the least they could do is throw us a bone and let us estimate where it'll land

The shotty is my weapon of choice in the beta, soooo good. I'm fine with the grenade system though, seems pretty standard like most fps games. I do however mess up at times with it and it bounces off a wall and right back at me...then I frantically run for my life.

Core407

Banned
kenta said:

Yeah, the grenade is damn near useless.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
So maybe it is a good thing I didn't get in. I'm going to attempt to play KZ1 soon to "get" the story, which would probably be impossible after spoiling myself with KZ2.

DMeisterJ

Banned
alr1ghtstart said:
So maybe it is a good thing I didn't get in. I'm going to attempt to play KZ1 soon to "get" the story, which would probably be impossible after spoiling myself with KZ2.

There is no silver lining in this cloud! You must be sad!

You must shoot yourself in the head with a large caliber bullet. >_>

I am superior to you, for I am in the beta and you are not, and you are to beg me for a key. Beg me!!!!

alr1ghtstart said:
Maybe GG could make a short vid including clips from the KZ1 and KZ cinematics to help bring up to speed those of us who didn't play the earlier titles.

I'm sure you can easily find all the cinematics on youtube, but this could be more tightly edited and/or narrated and could make for a cool addition to PSN.

to everyone asking about the clan

Im the leader right now so if you need an invite either post a request on here,PM me, or send my a message on PSN! I do try to read all the pages and look for people asking for invites so if i missed anyone tell me.

so far the following people have NOT accepted the clan invite yet:

J2d
Kaako
Arkestra
Liquidspeed
Melfice7
Dibbz
Grayman222
bbyybb_us
matmanx1
mauaus
alba17
thugmuffin77

19 members so far!:D

also forgot to thank kaako for hosting earlier, was tons of fun!

Kaako

Felium Defensor
aj2good4you2 said:

Im the leader right now so if you need an invite either post a request on here,PM me, or send my a message on PSN! I do try to read all the pages and look for people asking for invites so if i missed anyone tell me.

J2d
Kaako
Arkestra
Liquidspeed
Melfice7
Dibbz
Grayman222
bbyybb_us
matmanx1
mauaus
alba17
thugmuffin77

Will accept now.
I'm hopping on and the GAF ZONE 2 room should be up and running pretty soon with max players and all game modes enabled. Join up everyone, the more people the better.

Quick note: Auto-balancing is ON meaning that you cannot choose which side to be on. This way the game will usually be balanced and we won't have a 10v4 game or similar.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
GAF ZONE 2 is up and running. I'll be on all night so join up whenever you hop on people.
I changed the Max kills on Body count mode from 20 to 50 kills and increased time from 5 to 6 minutes. The rest of the modes are default setting. We'll see how tonight goes...should be fun.

EDIT: Not many people online tonight I'm guessing...I'm running around the levels like a mouse in a maze, looking for his cheese.

Oneself

I finally got to play for more than an hour without a hitch. It's totally awesome. It's what I expected it to be, really. Wow, I can't wait to see the final game.:D

Core407

Banned
Kaako said:
GAF ZONE 2 is up and running. I'll be on all night so join up whenever you hop on people.
I changed the Max kills on Body count mode from 20 to 50 kills and increased time from 5 to 6 minutes. The rest of the modes are default setting. We'll see how tonight goes...should be fun.

EDIT: Not many people online tonight I'm guessing...I'm running around the levels like a mouse in a maze, looking for his cheese.

Good game. I'll probably be off until entourage is over. Wish we could have gotten more people in there but still a good 2vs2 game there.

Edit: Oh yeah, thanks for the 70 points. ;)

Can someone in the beta please provide this feedback to the devs:

Instead of it just displaying "Killzone 2" underneath the username, I'd like it to be like this:

VelocityGirlPSN
Killzone 2
Campaign

VelocityGirlPSN
Killzone 2
Warzone 32/32

or

VelocityGirlPSN
Killzone 2
BodyCount 16/16

I like that LittleBigPlanet tells players what they're up to.

Core407

Banned
aj2good4you2 said:
i would be playing in kaako's game but my beta started giving me start up errors again. :(

Just keep reconnecting if you really want to play. Sometimes it'll take me around 10 tries to get in but it's worth it. :)

Kaako said:

Thanks for the games tonight Kaako. It sucks that people kept leaving in the middle of matches but the game is really a great experience to just walk around in. The sky in Gracht is amazing.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Good game fellas. Didn't have too many people in there but still fun nevertheless. I guess tonight's really not a good night to play the beta...we need to have a designated KZ2 beta night for real.

It's fun as hell when you have a big crowd, the the game just flows magically.
Damn you and your kills Core407, damn them to hell! :lol

the_prime_mover said:
Thanks for the games tonight Kaako. It sucks that people kept leaving in the middle of matches but the game is really a great experience to just walk around in. The sky in Gracht is amazing.
No prob man. Glad at least some people joined and had fun. It really does suck when people drop in the middle of the game though. :/
I'll be hosting whenever I'm in KZ2 cause my connection can support the max amount of players lag free. Tell me if you guys experience any weird connection issues.

Also, get mics people! Mics are a must. :D

Core407

Banned
Kaako said:
Good game fellas. Didn't have too many people in there but still fun nevertheless. I guess tonight's really not a good night to play the beta...we need to have a designated KZ2 beta night for real.

It's fun as hell when you have a big crowd, the the game just flows magically.
Damn you and your kills Core407, damn them to hell! :lol

No prob man. Glad at least some people joined and had fun. It really does suck when people drop in the middle of the game though. :/
I'll be hosting whenever I'm in KZ2 cause my connection can support the max amount of players lag free. Tell me if you guys experience any weird connection issues.

Also, get mics people! Mics are a must. :D

Yeah, I got a mic but it's a POS I think. I don't even know if people can hear me but I assume they can't because I can barely hear anyone else. Do USB mics work? I'll probably just buy a wired one on the cheap.

Oh yeah, use another weapon instead of the shotty. I just stay at a distance from you now. ;)

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Core407 said:
Yeah, I got a mic but it's a POS I think. I don't even know if people can hear me but I assume they can't because I can barely hear anyone else. Do USB mics work? I'll probably just buy a wired one on the cheap.

Oh yeah, use another weapon instead of the shotty. I just stay at a distance from you now. ;)

USB mics should work as well if I'm not mistaken. Don't know if you guys could hear me clear as well.
My Shotty knows no distance, the shells will rip through columns, metal and anything in sight*

*sneak attach fool!

Core407

Banned
Kaako said:
USB mics should work as well if I'm not mistaken. Don't know if you guys could hear me clear as well.
My Shotty knows no distance, the shells will rip through columns, metal and anything in sight*

*sneak attach fool!

Lol yeah the shotty has pretty good distance for a shotgun. I really want to have a big GAF night soon. Would be cool to have at least 10 on each side for some mayhem.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
aj2good4you2 said:

J2d
Kaako
Arkestra
Liquidspeed
Melfice7
Dibbz
Grayman222
bbyybb_us
matmanx1
mauaus
alba17
thugmuffin77

also forgot to thank kaako for hosting earlier, was tons of fun!

Please add me

Bloody_Marcel

Thanks

Kaako

Felium Defensor
I wish for the last week, they'd at least open the beta to the public. Almost everyone on my friend's list didn't get in and they all wanna play the beta just like the majority of ps3 owners on gaf who haven't got in.

To those who didn't get in, you're not missing much.
Feel better?

Foil

Took forever for me to log onto the beta today. I've been getting 10002 errors ever since this new phase started up. I got into the GAF match for a few seconds before PSN booted me off for some reason and I haven't been able to get Killzone 2 to connect since. Hopefully things work better tomorrow.

It'd be nice to get a full match with GAF players only going at some point before the beta ends.

Kaako said:
I wish for the last week, they'd at least open the beta to the public. Almost everyone on my friend's list didn't get in and they all wanna play the beta just like the majority of ps3 owners on gaf who haven't got in.

To those who didn't get in, you're not missing much.
Feel better?

True
lier

btw how did you get juniorized? I got juniorized almost a year ago :(

Kaako

Felium Defensor
liquidspeed said:
True
lier

btw how did you get juniorized? I got juniorized almost a year ago :(
What the hell are you talking about?! I never got "juniorized." That's my awesome custom tag handed by the Almighty Bishop himself.
I was never "memberized" to begin with

Edit: I noticed a bunch of people dropped at the same time, so I figured something was wrong.

Top Bottom