• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone 2 Public Beta email recieved

snoopers said:
I don't think they really want to tight it up, it's pretty obvious they chose to have this kind of aiming, and again, when you're used to it, it works.

Snoopers those were some radically different impressions man. I cant wait to hear more can you tell us
when the embargo is up?

Do you know what would be great, if Sony tells us what they are actually doing towards the end of this beta, instead of teasing us and sending us mixed signals.

Core407

Banned
snoopers said:
I don't think they really want to tight it up, it's pretty obvious they chose to have this kind of aiming, and again, when you're used to it, it works.

I don't even get the issue. If you run and have your sights up, it's going to be hard as fuck to hit the enemy. If you plan on shooting while running, do quick bursts of fire so that your reticle doesn't expand too far out and mess up the precision.

PEOPLE - when you shoot, you need to STOP & CROUCH. It's not that hard. If you play it like a rambo game, you're not going to like it.

Kittonwy

Banned
alr1ghtstart said:

Holy shit wow, the environment actually has proper lighting and PROPER FUCKING SHADOWING, instead of NOTHING in R2 or some weird blob shit in that other game. FUCKING DESTRUCTABLE SANDBAGS. The MP already looks BETTER than R2 sp, and the MP level looks big and multi-tiered. This is CRAZY.
Indifferent2.gif

Fizzle

snoopers said:

Yeah that's why i said it could be annoying. I'm too used to COD4's on-point red-dot scope that when i watched the video and he was aiming at a guy across the "showdown" looking level, the recoil made him miss.

I just hope the learning curve isn't massive.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Kittonwy said:
Holy shit wow, the environment actually has proper lighting and PROPER FUCKING SHADOWING, instead of NOTHING in R2 or some weird blob shit in that other game. FUCKING DESTRUCTABLE SANDBAGS. The MP already looks BETTER than R2 sp, and the MP level looks big and multi-tiered. This is CRAZY.
Indifferent2.gif

Kittonbetrayalton

MoeB

Kittonwy said:
Indifferent2.gif
Is it better looking than Gears of War the 2nd?

NIN90

Kittonwy said:
Indifferent2.gif

LOL LIGHTNING LOL SHADOWS ALL OVER MY FACE

There needs to be a photomode in this game. It doesn't have to allow you to do all those effects (like GT, HALO ect), just allow you to take pictures whenever you want.

StuBurns

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
There needs to be a photomode in this game. It doesn't have to allow you to do all those effects (like GT, HALO ect), just allow you to take pictures whenever you want.
Sony put that into their OS, I can't imagine any major first party titles not allowing it from now on.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
dhelfric said:
LOL LIGHTNING LOL SHADOWS ALL OVER MY FACE
For shooters shadows are the greatest thing since bullets. :D

stuburns said:
Sony put that into their OS, I can't imagine any major first party titles not allowing it from now on.

I'd just like some sort of confirmation. I can understand why major games don't have YouTube support since it can be a resource hog. But I can't imagine the same would apply to a photomode. So it seems like it're more up to whether or not the developers want to implement it.

Kittonwy

Banned
MoeB said:
Is it better looking than Gears of War the 2nd?

Gears 2 does have a very cohesive look to its overall visuals and a lot of great vistas.

If the footage is an accurate depiction of Killzone 2, then yes. Lighting and shadowing-wise Killzone 2 MULTIPLAYER FUCKING CRUSHES every single console shooter SP out there on a technical level, as long as the overall art direction holds up consistently, I think graphically they're pretty much set.
KlintIndifference.gif

Kittonwy

Banned
TTP said:
Kittonbetrayalton

I'm still playing RAWR2 (Im not in teh Killzone 2 beta
angry.gif
), I'm just telling it like it is.
angry.gif

The sad part is I wanted R2 to be TEH shooter for the PS3 when it released and stays on the top because I like Resistance-style gameplay.

Fizzle

stuburns said:
It's not a first party rule like Trophies will be, it's like custom soundtracks, up to the developers/publishers.

What?

I thought custom soundtracks are gonna be mandated. I thought Warhawk's version of in-game music is the definitive version of what i would be expecting in upcoming games, it's all done through the OS with only the developer's say so if they want to allow it with their game.

:|

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Kittonwy said:
Gears 2 does have a very cohesive look to its overall visuals and a lot of great vistas.

If the footage is an accurate depiction of Killzone 2, then yes. Lighting and shadowing-wise Killzone 2 MULTIPLAYER FUCKING CRUSHES every single console shooter SP out there on a technical level, as long as the overall art direction holds up consistently, I think graphically they're pretty much set.
KlintIndifference.gif

Yeahp, K2 MP is more impressive than any console SP shooter.
Im amazed really :( <-Sad face because im not in the beta.

Fersis

Fizzle said:
What?

I thought custom soundtracks are gonna be mandated. I thought Warhawk's version of in-game music is the definitive version of what i would be expecting in upcoming games, it's all done through the OS with only the developer's say so if they want to allow it with their game.

Well, putting the screenshot capture feature on the BETA would help to break the NDA...:D
Probably the retail game will have it.

Ceb

Kittonwy said:

KlintIndifference.gif

It is an accurate depiction. But it's still nothing compared to the real thing. Like ChryZ said, imagine 32 players running around on those maps with gunfire, explosions and debris everywhere. :D

StuBurns

Banned
Fizzle said:
What?

It is, it's on the OS level if you just want to turn the in-game volume down, but it's still the devs call. I can't see why they shouldn't allow it, but it's not mandated as of yet I believe.

-viper-

Banned
Blader5489 said:
My only hesitation about this game is the controls, specifically the DS3. This game looks phenomenal and I really want to play it, but I hate hate hate playing first-person shooters with the dualshock.
cry more

antiloop

The Nature Roy said:
This sucks. Huge.

KZ2 is still my most anticipated game for '09, but this is a major disappointment to me.

Same for me, but that means more time spent on mp and sp. So it's not all bad.

snoopers

I am multitalented
Kittonwy said:

Before anything else it's a much better game than the borefest that is R2.

edit> no flashlight (so far)

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I asked this a while back but it got lost when Snoopers posted his impressions. Is there a flashlight or brightness adjust for this game? Things are always just a little too dark on my TV even though I have the brightness up all the way.

Fersis

The Nature Roy said:
This sucks. Huge.

KZ2 is still my most anticipated game for '09, but this is a major disappointment to me.

How can be a major disappointment if they never announced it for release ?
Maybe as DLC tough.

Wurm

Banned
*Wurm opens his e-mail*

Yes, can it be, am I invited in to one of your shining warm beta's, Mr Sony! Oh why I'll die out here alone and cold if you don't let..

Subject: Have you discovered what your PSP can do for you?&#8207;

HAVE YOU DISCOVERED MY COMPLETE DISINTEREST IN THIS E-MAIL FROM THIS POINT?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Wax Free Vanilla said:
yes.

have you got the ps3's rgb option set to full?
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's just because of the way my dorm room is set up that I can't get the optimal viewing angle on my LCD.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
NeoUltima said:
RGB is set to full? Put in on limited.
I'll try it. I actually don't remember what it is. I read an article a while back on options to use etc. and just did what it recommended.
Is R2 that bad?
It seems to be a love it or hate it game. I loved it.

NeoUltima

RoboPlato said:
I'll try it. I actually don't remember what it is. I read an article a while back on options to use etc. and just did what it recommended.

It seems to be a love it or hate it game. I loved it.
It crushes blacks and you cant see shit in dark games.

Top Bottom