• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 3 Gameplay Trailer Released

Yoboman

jett said:
That was really awesome. The framerate I wonder if it's a problem with Gametrailers. It looked fine in the off-screen footage from the playstation blog interview, and in the small clip with the jetpack.
Maybe framerate bogs down when they pull the camera away from first person. Or it was really sketchy slow mo :lol

Frame rate will be fine though

Firewire

Banned
alr1ghtstart said:
zjcvg9.gif

that's a winner!

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
jett said:
That was really awesome. The framerate I wonder if it's a problem with Gametrailers. It looked fine in the off-screen footage from the playstation blog interview, and in the small clip with the jetpack.
A couple of the trailers from the E3 before KZ2 launched had a few framerate hiccups in them too. They were also in the cutscene sections. I'm sure it's nothing that'll be in the final game.

LowParry

jett said:

That's a good point. Perhaps we'll see more at Sony's conference with less of a framerate issue.

Dear god, please tell me there is a third person cinematic mode.

Game looks amazing. I like the addition of sliding to cover, vaulting and contextual melees. I imagine that the gunplay will be very fluid this time around.

Here's hoping for an mp-centric E3 with Beta details to follow.

Rice definitely sounds different now.

MrDaravon

Graphically looks fucking amazing. Still personally cautious though as Killzone 2 looked fantastic but I hated the single player.

Kritz

Banned
LiquidMetal14 said:
This is KZ son, it's all real time on this one. It has a year to bake too so anything that looks less than stellar with get even better. It looks pretty damn good already.

Hey, if it counts I thought KZ2 was CGI while I was playing the fucking thing. And I'm sure I've kicked a few beehives by pissing off the killzone fans on this board.

It's the animations in first person that really, really throw me off. Unless those are precanned animations that happen when you execute a melee attack or jump over cover or do a slide, which is fairly possible considering that's all they really did in first person.

But how the fuck did they do the water? Video game water doesn't look like that! Help!

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
CcrooK said:
That's a good point. Perhaps we'll see more at Sony's conference with less of a framerate issue.
Outside of those 2 zoomed out hectic shots the gunplay and ground combat looks smooth. Looks amazing already. Epic and it's only 1 level. 1 year of dev time remaining too (Give or take).

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Mikey Jr. said:
So wait....you have a PS3 and HAVEN'T played KZ2? The fuck is wrong wit you?
I've only played 3 FPSes in my lifetime, so I'm apprehensive to purchase them since I don't know what I like in them. :lol

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Kritz said:
It's the animations in first person that really, really throw me off. Unless those are precanned animations that happen when you execute a melee attack or jump over cover or do a slide, which is fairly possible considering that's all they really did in first person.
Would else would they be aside from preset animations?

beast786

jett said:

Using FRAPS it was running from 25-18 FPS. I doudt thats what the game is running at.

LiquidMetal14

Darkatomz said:
Hot.

As already mentioned, framerate needs some work. Oh, and the water doesn't look too right to me.
It's been quoted as the best looking water ever seen in a game in a couple of previews so I don;'t know what to tell you.

And 500's already?!?!?!? Evilore activate the 8th CELL!

~Kinggi~

Banned
My biggest gripe with KZ2 outside of a certain other issue, is that it was too short. I finished it in about 7-8 hours.

If this game is longer ill be happy.

beast786 said:
Using FRAPS it was running from 25-18 FPS. I doudt thats what the game is running at.

Erm... that's just the framerate of the video. You cant see the game's framerate like that. Framedrops would just be duplicated frames on the video but frames still.

MrDaravon

LiquidMetal14 said:
And 500's already?!?!?!? Evilore activate the 8th CELL!

Seriously, just got multiple 500's in a row.....at 12:30am 3 days before the first press conference. I think GAF is fucked :lol

feel

Love well done snowy settings in games. Looking forward to playing this.

and my obligatory: FFS WIDEN THE CAMERA ANGLE

CryptiK

mr_nothin said:
Well the beginning part with the waves reminded me of Tecmo's Ninja Gaiden intro.
waves were real time I mean look at the Resistance 2 waves Im sure GG can do that for KZ2

Awful choice of music. Looks good otherwise, but I can't say I'm as impressed as I was with KZ2. Still, it's not coming out for ten more months so there's plenty of time to polish things up.

beast786

Metalmurphy said:
Erm... that's just the framerate of the video. You cant see the game's framerate like that. Framedrops would just be duplicated frames on the video but frames still.

And that was my point. It wasnt the game, it was the video which was least common denomintor.

LiquidMetal14

For those not in the know, GG's is implementing an new and improved animation system. It's not all precanned, its just how KZ works. KZ animation is pretty damn good. The new melee kills are gonna be brutal.

LiquidMetal14

AAK said:
Slightly Underwhelming. I'll be honest, I was expecting it to surpass UC2.
These kinds of posts always amuse me, we haven't even seen final code and the rest of the game. Clam down sonz!

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Very underwhelming and this is from someone who liked the first game. Adding in neck snapping seems unnecessary and blah at the jetpacks.

NameIess

Imagine once we see the direct feed 1080P version of this trailer!
Also, this game is still in development and not fully polished...

Top Bottom