• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 3 Gameplay Trailer Released

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I <3 Memes said:
Looked better then the Crysis 2 footage. I wonder if Crytec is regretting not showing PC footage on GTTV the other night.

Doubt it, there is still a week of awesomeness that will trample anything we saw today.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
2ms4go0.jpg

2gybon6.jpg

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
ICallItFutile said:
Very underwhelming and this is from someone who liked the first game. Adding in neck snapping seems unnecessary and blah at the jetpacks.
So they add new CQC melee kills which we haven't even seen all the different context sensitive weapon kills either. And they add the jetpack. And we only seen 1 level, and you you were underwhelemed? For what it was it was pretty damn cool. Only 1 level.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
The weather effects give me the same tingly feeling I got from the first time seeing the rain from the MGS2 tanker or
the snow in MGS4 from the Shadow Moses level.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
gundamkyoukai said:
Looks awesome and GG still have a whole year left .
Major emphasis on this since most of you know that the final polish comes at the end of the dev cycle. Easily expecting the final code to be way sexier than this. Believe.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
sykoex said:
Weather effects give me the same tingly feeling I got from the first time seeing the rain from the MGS2 tanker or
the snow MGS4 from the Shadow Moses level.
Notice all the haze and snow effects going in the middle of assplosions from guns/turrets. And flying dudes on jetpacks and hovercrafts totally immerse you in the war.

alr1ghtstart said:

The controls were fine. It was the INPUT LAG everyone hated. Even GG admitted to it and they are rectifying the issue.

I'm not exactly comprehending how people actually like INPUT LAG for controls...

Can you explain why lag is better than responsiveness?

Enojado

My god, does that look amazing. And this game doesn't come out until 2011! So hyped. :D

Glad to see Gaf isn't disappointing with the gifs.

Also, anybody else get a metal gear vibe from the trailer's music??

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Ninja-Matic said:
The controls were fine. It was the INPUT LAG everyone hated. Even GG admitted to it and they are rectifying the issue.

I'm not exactly comprehending how people actually like INPUT LAG for controls...

Can you explain why lag is better than responsiveness?

A lot of fanboys were backing it up by saying it added to the "feeling of weight" which I call BS on. There are ways to do that without the input lag, and like you said, GG admitted it was there and have worked to fix it.

That said. I thought KZ2 played very well even pre-control patch.

Atilac

If the Hellghast have adapted to their atmosphere's harsh conditions, why do they wear helmets on their home word? If the ISA forces are from planets with more earth like conditions, why don't they wear helmets?
Always thought that was a massive hole in the games logic.

Wow, I'm shocked the vast majority of the comments in this thread. To me the game looks like a step down from what killzone 2 was, and the setting doesn't play to the engines strengths nearly as well as settings in the first games.

I'm hoping that the next year really up's the level of polish on the game.

=/

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Atilac said:
If the Hellghast have adapted to their atmosphere's harsh conditions, why do they wear helmets on their home word? If the ISA forces are from planets with more earth like conditions, why don't they wear helmets?

:lol

I never even thought of that.

RavenFox

Banned
Atilac said:
I can see you didn't see the reveal CG trailer when Sev put on the helmet.
Kaeru said:
looks generic
like the conceptdesign though.
Ahh someone who won't last long. Not enough subtleness eh

Loudninja

les papillons sexuels said:
Wow, I'm shocked the vast majority of the comments in this thread. To me the game looks like a step down from what killzone 2 was, and the setting doesn't play to the engines strengths nearly as well as settings in the first games.

=/

How does it look like a step down?
Y2Kev said:
How could this take place right after KZ2? Sev has like bushy Jersey Shore hair.
Every level adds a year this is the 4th level so...

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
RavenFox said:
That right there just owned the next few days. Other devs are preparing their damage control.

Came for the gifs. Oh you silly Killzone fans you!

Yoboman

Atilac said:
Prolonged exposure?

I wouldn't be surprised if they tied that in to this story now that they've been on Helghast a while

jett

D-Member
Rikyfree said:
No fucking way this uses vasoline smearing QAA now. Fuck this wizardry!

I think this is the reason why it looks so clean compared to Killzone 2.

PRAISE JEBUS

Atilac

RavenFox said:
I can see you didn't see the reveal CG trailer when Sev put on the helmet.

Ahh someone who won't last long. Not enough subtleness eh
I see you haven't played the previous two games

Rikyfree

=/
Haha, juniors.

@Atilac I suggest you see the backstory at killzone.com in regards to your issue, and if you already have, read it again.

RavenFox

Banned

=/
lol

Top Bottom