• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone 3 MP Trailer- Gamescom!!

pixelbox

H_Prestige said:
That sucks. I thought they said each class would have a tailor made set of weapons.
Well maybe there's different variations like in COD. Like long range, short range, close quarters, ect.

Facism

i could imagine classes have access to a general pool of weaponry, but each class may have differences in shared weaponry, such as the Sta being scoped for one class but not others?

X-Frame

H_Prestige said:
That sucks. I thought they said each class would have a tailor made set of weapons.
They never said that. Just that each class would have 6 weapons. They all could overlap for all we know.

agaru

Lagspike_exe said:
Didn't they say game won't include weapon customization?
Yeah, they confirmed that. But I wouldn't count a scope addition as customization if for instance once you unlock it, it becomes a permanent feature of that respected weapon. Who knows... Release the beta already, GG!

Facism said:
i could imagine classes have access to a general pool of weaponry, but each class may have differences in shared weaponry, such as the Sta being scoped for one class but not others?
This sounds plausible.

Kittonwy

Banned
Dubbedinenglish said:
And oddly enough it isn't scoped ?!?

Why would pewpew rifle be scoped.
KlintIndifference.gif

Arnie

coolcole93 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgjC6EAPXKU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLf6vSYg5BQ

2 MP gameplay videos from PAX. The second one is much better but the first is still watchable.

Anyone find any new direct feed gameplay?

EDIT: you get assist points now. One point for an assist as soon about 3:40 into the first video.

EDIT 2: there are also 8 man squads now, which you can see in the second video.
Wow in the second video the Hig rifle has no recoil whatsoever now.

lunlunqq

coolcole93 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgjC6EAPXKU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLf6vSYg5BQ

2 MP gameplay videos from PAX. The second one is much better but the first is still watchable.

Anyone find any new direct feed gameplay?

EDIT: you get assist points now. One point for an assist as soon about 3:40 into the first video.

EDIT 2: there are also 8 man squads now, which you can see in the second video.

my observations:

1) it seems that the MG mounted on the jet pack cannot be aimed up or down when you are on the ground. it is just fixed at its horizontal position. can someone who played the demo before fill in on this? i think this may be a way to prevent people from abusing the jet pack.

2) the moving/aiming speed while you are aiming down the sight was definitely changed. now aiming down the sights seems to be useful in way more situations than it was in KZ2.

lunlunqq said:
2) the moving/aiming speed while you are aiming down the sight was definitely changed. now aiming down the sights seems to be useful in way more situations than it was in KZ2.

I noticed that too, but it's impossible to tell until an experienced KZ2 player plays the game. The guy playing was clearly used to COD, where you have to ADS every 5 seconds. When a KZ2 player plays we can find out how accurate hip-fire is compared to KZ2 and whether or not ADS is now required more often.

Eccocid

I suck at online shooters and dont even enjoy them too much (except Warhawk).
But so far the hardcore mode in COD games are so fun. More tense and less nades raining from sky.
Killzone 2 had a friendly fire option but it is rare to see a room which had enabled it. Even tho i sometimes open a room with FF on no one joins :(

Hey GG, get rid of the auto lock, and put some more recoil in. Both the lack of auto lock and the realistic recoil made KZ2 great. If you keep things the way they are at the moment in KZ3, you might as well add in some Kingdom Hearts Munny every time I kill someone.

Don't shit on your own doorstep, son.
:D

Oh, so when they said that the controls are going to be accessible to everyone, they meant the game is going to aim for you. How awesome. :lol

I like how the implemented gestures on the Move version, though.

BobsRevenge said:
OH NO THE CONTROLS ARE RESPONSIVE FAIL

Auto-lock and fuck all recoil are not good.

Good news about the customisable bounding box though.

Add in my concerns about the lack of server lists and the +points appearing in the middle of the screen. . .and that makes me one grumpy bastard.

KZObsessed

Customizable bounding box means problem solved for me, as long as I can get rid of that awful lock on. Play the game for me why don't you.

DMeisterJ

Banned
KZObsessed said:
Customizable bounding box means problem solved for me, as long as I can get rid of that awful lock on. Play the game for me why don't you.

Yah, hopefully it can be turned off, or be locked to those playing on Easy or Normal at least.

KZObsessed said:

Definitely good news (bounding box).

How do you feel about the toned down recoil, the points appearing all over the battlefield etc?

Arnie

Customisable bounding boxes is perfect, GG GG. I probably won't pick a Move up at launch but if GG can prove to me that the implementation in 3 can reach a point where it is satisfying to use and not a frustration then I'm in.

Arnie said:
Customisable bounding boxes is perfect, GG GG. I probably won't pick a Move up at launch but if GG can prove to me that the implementation in 3 can reach a point where it is satisfying to use and not a frustration then I'm in.

What is this? Bounding box?

As for the Move, I may pick one up. I really need to try like MAG for the move.

KZObsessed

Galvanise_ said:
Definitely good news (bounding box).

How do you feel about the toned down recoil, the points appearing all over the battlefield etc?

I honestly don't mind about the points, I would like a "hardcore" mode where there's no HUD/crosshair tho. Cross hair/hit marker get's in the way of seeing the bullet impact and death animations much more so than the points. For the last few months of KZ2 I was playing without a crosshair and the kills were much more fun thanks to it.

The auto-aim/no recoil down the scope is awful. Half ruins what was so satisfying about KZ2 gunplay. There's nothing satisfying about having a game steady your aim for you and allowing you to just hold down R1 for a kill. You're barely doing anything. The satisfaction in KZ2 comes from being in control of your weapon in hectic situations. A lot of the time the person who remains calm and controls the recoil will win with the M82 anyway. Nothing better than winning a 3v1 or 4v1 because they just sprayed at you and you used some control.

Hopefully I'll get into the Beta so I can test and give feeback thery'd actually listen to.

Man said:
Lock on tracking needs to go bad.

Its really bad. If it is implimented in the MP I will be renting this game instead of owning it. Nothing worse than 16 people with auto-aim. It turns into whomever sees whomever first. Ugh.

KZObsessed said:
Hopefully I'll get into the Beta so I can test and give feeback thery'd actually listen to.

I need to get in there too. I want to sound off about the lack of server lists. At this stage I'm willing to give up the customisability of them just so I can get in and play some Warzone quickly.

I hope they are reading this thread.

Arnie

TheExecutive said:
What is this? Bounding box?
It's related to the Move and how far from the centre of the screen the controller has to be before it starts moving the camera similar to how a conventional right stick would function. By having the bounding box really close to the edge of the screen it means the player has to fiddle around just to get the characters perspective to turn.

X-Frame

pixelbox said:
Because seniors ignores the new guys, you totally missed the fact he placed those same videos in the thread.

My bad. Thought everyone was just commenting on BS Move videos - missed that very obvious post though. :(

Arnie said:
It's related to the Move and how far from the centre of the screen the controller has to be before it starts moving the camera similar to how a conventional right stick would function. By having the bounding box really close to the edge of the screen it means the player has to fiddle around just to get the characters perspective to turn.

Ah, ok. Yeah that needs to be implemented...bad.

pixelbox

So true. The stickiness and lock-on needs to go yesterday. It's good enough with the reduced input lag, why mess it up with lock-on stickiness? I used to play SF dark mirror on my PSP years ago and there was an option that splits servers between lock-on and normal. I'd rather them do that if they really want the casuals. And as for the recoil reduction i think it comes down to the player in constant use of ADS.

KZObsessed

Galvanise_ said:
I need to get in there too. I want to sound off about the lack of server lists. At this stage I'm willing to give up the customisability of them just so I can get in and play some Warzone quickly.

I hope they are reading this thread.

I like server lists and will miss them if they're gone for good, but taking into account how the KZ2 community handled the freedom to create servers, it's probably for the best they're gone. Being able to create unranked games and having server lists for them would be fine with me. We could still create GAF vs GAF games if we so wish or whatever, and having them not count on the leaderboards would stop the rampant stat boosting that occurred in KZ2.

Party system is much more important overall. Now we can all play together all day everyday :p

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Galvanise_ said:
Auto-lock and fuck all recoil are not good.

Good news about the customisable bounding box though.

Add in my concerns about the lack of server lists and the +points appearing in the middle of the screen. . .and that makes me one grumpy bastard.
Yeah, they really are looking at CoD too much for inspiration.

Top Bottom