• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 3 |OT| The King Is Dead. Long Live The King.

nib95

Banned
fuzzyreactor said:
no thanks. it would be much better if the camera aimed you to the nearest medic and you could signal him.

But then I don't get to see where that cowardly cloaked camping Markman shot me from!

nib95

Banned
GG said:
MP changes
From the Killzone.com forums:

Quote:
What we'd like to do is give you guys some idea of how your hard work has paid off on parts of the game you've commented on, but haven't seen a patch for in the open beta. We've received a tremendous amount feedback from all of you, some of it obviously in favor of specific changes, while some other feedback was split down the middle. To compensate for the split feedback, we've looked at information and statistics we've been collecting while you've been playing on the server. Below you'll find a list of some of the most talked about points during beta, and what we plan to do to address these specific issues.

* A fix to the "Your Faction Has Won/Lost" issue, along with all oddities that resulted from this occurring
* An issue that allowed more than two clans to join a clan match will be fixed
* Increased Accuracy, Bullet Damage and Faster Reload Ribbons will update correctly on personal statistics screens
* We've simplified the process to invite players into your game (just one button press)
* The radius of the Marksman's Scramble++ has been lowered
* Medic's Revive distance increased and cooldown to re-use is decreased
* No collision on mortally wounded player bodies
* Increased player stamina
* An icon will be shown in the menu when you have a Killzone 3 message in your inbox

Shortly after the game's release, you'll also see these changes patched in:

* Support for color-blind players
* Implement unranked custom games for players to create private or clan matches
* Enhanced custom games functionality that will allow players to:
o Control over games modes and settings
o Secure games, allowing you to invite the players you want to play with
o The ability to prevent abilities and weapons from being used
o Toggling on and off functionality, such as ribbons, skills, explosives, etc.
o Selecting which careers you want available to players
o Allow friendly fire to be turned on or off
o Faction switching enabled or disabled
* The Clan Officer role will be added to clans
* Separate turn speeds for hip-fire and ADS
* Overly enthusiastic death screams will be toned down
* Increased the amount of kills required to win a Guerrilla Warfare match
* Increased Accuracy ribbon will have its effectiveness lowered
* Likewise, the Bullet Damage ribbon will have its effectiveness lowered as well
* Matches will end if the other team forfeits (i.e. too few, or no players on the enemy team)
* Matchmaking enhancements that will close and merge games based on player count, which will keep games more full
* Balance factions out by moving players to the other team at the end of the match if one team is lopsided
* The ability to turn off HUD markers for point pop-ups and objectives
* A menu option to allow squad-only chat
* The addition of a Mute All button
* Scoreboard flickering will be fixed
* Clans will no longer get matched against other clans that have many more players than they do (i.e. 4 vs. 7, 5 vs. 8)

And that list is just the beginning. As we release our patches you'll get a full list of everything we've updated in a patch list, which is much more than what we've listed above.

Holy fuck, amazing list!!

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
the_prime_mover said:
I support most of those changes, though a post release patch that will change the controls may not be a good idea. I personally agree with the change as you shouldn't be able to aim as fast in ADS, but it may be a rather big change depending on the difference in speed and how often a given player uses ADS. I wonder how this will affect Move users.

I am really glad to hear that you can turn of individual HUD elements.

Too bad they aren't adding a medic indicator to the mini-map for mortally wounded players. The current system makes waiting near pointless, but the extended range may encourage more people to give the class a shot.

The should have increased the cool down timer on the Marksman cloak - scramble++ is a perk I will have to think long and hard before purchasing so changes to it will not really change the overall value of this class.

Baby steps bro, hey at least GG isn't tuning out and not taking what the community is saying to help better this game and just not listen

I like the new changes, it will make the MP more Fluid, if new things arise people won't be hesitant and not speak up & report it due to it being falling on deaf ears (which it was closely becoming)

nib95 said:
But then I don't get to see where that cowardly cloaked camping Markman shot me from!
Well that is kinda the roll of the marksman. He picks off people from a distance and gets owned up close(well he would if they got rid of the AR) It's not like the maps are so big that its hard to find where you are getting shot from. if they added a killcam the game would be a even bigger cluster fuck of people not going for objectives and trying to get revenge.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Full Recovery said:
Thank Visari.

Forreal. I don't understand how that could have even made beta... Someone dies in the doorway and you're stuck in a room cause you can't go through them until they fully die.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
great list of changes. Hopefully turning off all the pop-up garbage doesn't turn everything else off. Make those custom matches joinable by anyone and we have a deal.

alr1ghtstart said:
great list of changes. Hopefully turning off all the pop-up garbage doesn't turn everything else off. Make those custom matches joinable by anyone and we have a deal.
yea i really see no point in having private only custom games.

Bread

Banned
Awesome list of fixes, I just got back from preordering killzone and I picked up a navigation controller as well. I can't wait until Tuesday!

A.R.K

fuzzyreactor said:
MP changes
From the Killzone.com forums:

GG FIXED THE SHIT!!!! BRAVO GG BRAVO!! :)

34514b5b4b8f83919.gif

A.R.K

alr1ghtstart said:

I would say we should be able to make them private or public. When I want to play with my friends, I don't want randoms to just budge in. But I agree it should be both ways.

Also for GG's TODO list:

*Nerf the shotgun kill distance
*Add squad leader spawn

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Galvanise_ said:
Good list.

Still not increasing health or recoil.

3 tweaks would make it much better:

One or two more bullets to kill
Reduce autoaim/lock on
Squad leader spawn

baby steps though

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Galvanise_ said:
Good list.

Still not increasing health or recoil.

I hope they don't increase HP or recoil. When I am using a mouse, recoil is fine. When I am using a controller, too much recoil is annoying as all get-out. I'm fine with how it is now.

List of changes looks good!

alr1ghtstart said:

Reduce autoaim/lock on
Squad leader spawn

baby steps though

Aye. It'll get there IMO. Its not like I could seriously own this game and not go online. Its like a drug.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Hey guys, I just got the retail code from Sony. I was looking for TURBINE CONCOURSE SE-6 in botzone but it's not in there. Is this normal? Is this map supposed to be some sort of DLC perhaps?

Massa

TTP said:
Hey guys, I just got the retail code from Sony. I was looking for TURBINE CONCOURSE SE-6 in botzone but it's not in there. Is this normal? Is this map supposed to be some sort of DLC perhaps?

That's weird. It was also not playable in Botzone in the previous beta (the other two maps were).

Are the other 7 maps available in Botzone?

I'm guessing you want to try the jet pack with Move... are the online servers offline?

Sethos said:
Increased player stamina ... Eugh, guess I'm sticking to SP then. ( They mean MP HP right? )

They mean how long you can run for. Unless I've misinterpreted this question.

What are other Brits planning on doing from the 22th to the 25th? Watching endless amounts of videos or trying to forget the game exists..?

Hixx

coolcole93 said:
What are other Brits planning on doing from the 22th to the 25th? Watching endless amounts of videos or trying to forget the game exists..?

Dead Space 2 hardcore run. Want to get it done for the friday as I'll probably trade it in towards KZ3 unless they announce the DLC date and its very soon.

alr1ghtstart said:

Reduce autoaim/lock on
Squad leader spawn

baby steps though

SO true, but these first changes are just the beginning. Baby steps is correct, I bet we will see these 3 eventually

tiddles

TTP said:

You've got Warzone selected, right? Most likely it's the AI reason - jetpack flying by the AI in the SP game uses special paths, same as the sentry drones use, but I'm not sure these are compatible with jetpacks in MP :(

Sethos

Banned
They should adopt the Call of Duty way, Softcore and Hardcore modes - So for us who enjoy weapons that are actually deadly, Hardcore and for the people that enjoy nerf-gun battles, Softcore. :p

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Massa said:
That's weird. It was also not playable in Botzone in the previous beta (the other two maps were).

Are the other 7 maps available in Botzone?

I'm guessing you want to try the jet pack with Move... are the online servers offline?

Yeah, all the other maps are available in Botzone. Turbine is the only one missing.
Yeah, wanted to check jetpack controls in MP but I guess they are the same as the SP version (servers are down atm). I checked the EXO controls tho, and they work much much better than the jetpack ones.

Steroyd

coolcole93 said:
They mean how long you can run for. Unless I've misinterpreted this question.

Pray the likes of Shopto or Play do what they usually do and ship the game 2 days before release on pre-orders.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
tiddles said:
You've got Warzone selected, right? Most likely it's the AI reason - jetpack flying by the AI in the SP game uses special paths, same as the sentry drones use, but I'm not sure these are compatible with jetpacks in MP :(

Yeah, Warzone selected. It has to be AI related indeed, although it could have been done by having the AI NOT bothering with the jetpacks just like they don't with the EXOs in Corinth as far as I can tell.

dustin

Neo Member
Are the people who are complaining about the 9.5 also complain about getting A minuses and B pluses in school?

kevm3

I hope they leave the damage model the way it is. I can see increasing recoil. You already run through clips fast. Increasing the damage would make ammo issues more prevalent. Damage as is allows you to escape if you are near a corner, but it doesn't make the game a lame headshot fest where if you had superior positioning on someone and start shooting them in the back, they can spin around and take you out with a headshot.

Steroyd

dustin said:
Are the people who are complaining about the 9.5 also complain about getting A minuses and B pluses in school?

I think it's more to do with who got a 10 rather than KZ not getting one.

Cagen

Multiplayer list of forth coming patches is good, we're getting closer to what should have been but we'll see how long it takes them to get the patches out. They've already stated that the first patch with custom games will NOT allow you to turn off ribbons, abilities or weapons and that will come in a later patch.

.la1n

Finished the campaign, impressions:

Graphics imo are an improvement on the Killzone 2, it seems to have a crisper overall look and I enjoyed the variation in environments.

AI presented a nice challenge and scales nicely based on your difficulty settings.

The story was lacking, was hoping for more improvements in this particular area. Luckily I had enough fun unloading on helghast to really care.

I didn't run into any controller throwing moments like the Radec fight in Killzone 2.

A lot of people are going to have mixed opinions on the weight of the controls. I prefer the new control method but I didn't exactly hate the old one. Nuetral on this I suppose?

I haven't played multiplayer yet so I'll hold off on commenting on it.

Overall if you enjoyed the second game, I see no reason you won't like 3. If you loved the weighted controls and feel the game won't be same without them then you may be a little disappointed. Just my two cents.

my rating is 82 IGNS out of 42 GAFS

tiddles

TTP said:
Yeah, Warzone selected. It has to be AI related indeed, although it could have been done by having the AI NOT bothering with the jetpacks just like they don't with the EXOs in Corinth as far as I can tell.

Bots do use Exos, but I think their use is damped down a bit, probably to stop them dominating the action.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
tiddles said:
Bots do use Exos, but I think their use is damped down a bit, probably to stop them dominating the action.

Just noticed yeah. I wanted to try one and one allied bot was already driving it and wouldn't let me try it :D

RedStep

Steroyd said:
I think it's more to do with who got a 10 rather than KZ not getting one.
Exactly. Obviously every game that looks better than MW2 is now automatically given a 10. Forever.

Facism

I swear if they put squad leader spawning back in i may actually buy their overpriced map packs this time, and i never pay for maps.

Top Bottom