• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall |OT| Nothing Stops This Rain

Next gen is almost heeeeeeerrrrrreeeeeee. Beautiful OT.

I wasn't expecting this thread so soon.

It's pretty much on time. The game is technically out.

I know. It's all happening so quickly... yet so slowly.

It feels strange. Is there a support group for what I'm feeling?

Glass-Breaking-Omg.gif

Gaz_RB

The gifs of this thread will be glorious

The timeline is great in-depth analysis of all the games good job OP

To those who want to know the lore before KZ 1 (a.k.a the amazing back story) then there is also a thread for that as well

For people new to the series read both this and the OP's timeline to catch up... They are good reads
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=517012

I was just about to ask about a thousand questions, thanks for posting this. I've played all the Killzones, but I've always wondered about the story before KZ1.

Also obligatory: (credit to Sentry)
================================
The Killzone Universe: Complete Timeline & Backstory

8Ftu6fQ.png

As it turns out, Killzone's fictional history is really deep. This timeline was written before KZ2 came out, but was tucked away on their site where not many people ever saw it. The timeline has been wiped from GG's site for a few years now, but luckily there are screen caps of the flash-based timeline floating around, and with them I was able to gather all the bits to make this compacted vertical timeline view of the KZ history.

I recommend everyone read it (wall of text, I know, but it's worth it). It's actually a really intriguing, complicated, and multifaceted (not to mention having a million shades of gray) story. A grounded sci-fi epic, basically.

iba4Wiv3LsAAaK.png

Hopefully future Killzones, be it Shadow Fall or others, dive more into this rich history. It's a crime not to!

(for a written version with no art, click here)

[assuming you've read it all] Who do you side with? Which of them was in the wrong and which was in the right, and at what points? Also, who do you assume was responsible for the several 'unexplained' events? It seems like they all did terrible things at certain points, while at the same time also acting justifiably in other instances. Really mixed bag, which makes it all the more interesting. Discuss!

Feorax

So fucking hyped for this game. I'm betting the EU bundle with 2 DS4's and the camera, and I'll probably pick up Knack as well, but oh god I'm expecting this will be getting a lot of love from me for the next few months.

I was just about to ask about a thousand questions, thanks for posting this. I've played all the Killzones, but I've always wondered about the story before KZ1.
No prop the reason why the OP decided not to place it in there is because the image itself is quite lengthy
Also obligatory: (credit to Sentry)
================================
The Killzone Universe: Complete Timeline & Backstory

;) See

Hey Radec, not sure if you knew this, but the shields are only for assault players (primary ability). OP makes it sound like it's for everyone.

Also, did you mean to say "aim assist" instead of "auto aim"?

Steel

Banned
The only thing that's disappointing me about this game is that I preordered it digitally and as such probably won't be playing it day one. Sigh.....

nib95

Banned
Awesome OT OP! My most anticipated next gen game! Look at all this goodness!

nib95 said:
Absolutely. The next-gen show-case game as far as I'm concerned.

- 1080p.
- Open ended gameplay.
- Huge levels with lots of branching paths and layers.
- Amazing scale and vistas.
- 10+ hours SP campaign length.
- Multiple ways to tackle each level (stealth, action, infiltration etc).
- Open dynamic mission objectives in many levels (do missions in any order in certain areas).
- 35fps to 40fps SP and 60fps MP.
- Amazing production values and visuals.
- Much more emphasis on the narrative and characters.
- Complete overhaul in art and gameplay direction from previous games in the franchise.
- New OWL gameplay elements and tactics.
- No aim assist.
- Experience'less MP.
- No splash screens and logo's.
- No loading times.
- Mass array of MP options.
- Free DLC competitive maps (10 ship with the game, at least 6 more free maps to follow).
- All weapons unlocked from the get go.
- 1500+ skill based objectives and challenges in the MP.

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
Wonderful OT. Bravo! Thanks a lot for all the backstory stuff. It seems like GG has a lot to work with to make this a really strong story for a Killzone game.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
OT to nextgen game is nextgen too, great work!

Nerfon

Can't wait go pick up on 29 my ps4 megabundle :)

P.S hope no delay for Italy for the bundle !!!

P.P.S. Finally next gen 1080p on ps4 , on my samsung plasma 63" 720p looks so bad that i need keep go back to my PC

AngryMoth

Thought it was early for the OT, but US launch really is just a week away now, holy shit. This is the only retail game I am getting at launch so I'm praying for some positive impressions from gaf during the 2 week wait. High hopes, what I've seen has looked good and I enjoyed kz2 multiplayer quite a lot.

Top Bottom