• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kim Jong-un 'in coma' with North Korea passing power to sister, diplomat claims

Compsiox

Banned
1_North-Korean-leader-Kim-Jong-Un-attends-a-political-assembly-meeting-of-the-Central-Committee-of-the.jpg

North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un is claimed to be in a coma which "could spell disaster for the country".

The former aide to South Korea’s late president Kim Dae-jung made the claim about the leader days after he handed over some powers to his younger sister.

Chang Song-min told South Korean media: “I assess him to be in a coma, but his life has not ended.

“A complete succession structure has not been formed, so Kim Yo-jong is being brought to the fore as the vacuum cannot be maintained for a prolonged period”, he told South Korean media.

A few days ago the National Intelligence Service (NIS) announced Jong-un will still "exert absolute power" but he will gradually transfer his authority to Kim Yo-jong "to ease stress".

More at the link:

Last edited:

Shantae

Banned
I wish their whole family would just die already. I realize the power vacuum that needs to be filled would be enormous, but this family has done enough harm to Korea, and the Korean people deserve to be rid of this oppressive government already.

Last edited:
Reactions: RNG

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I don't buy it. This is the second time in recent memory rumors of his death started circulating.
Yeah my first thought is this was simply an acknowledgement of the first death rumors.

Won't believe it until I see the body. Even then I won't believe it. Commie regimes never ever let power change hands in a transparent manner.

cryptoadam

Banned
Thats what they said the last time.

For now I would believe a report that Biden is dead before I believe one about Kim.

timeflais

Banned
There is a connection between NK and Iran.
Consider the time NK was testing missiles.
Israel claimed Iran was secretly making warheads.
Combine.
Who REALLY had control of NK before Jung-Un?
Dynasty interrupted, strings cut?
Stop at NOTHING to re-attach?

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Yeah my first thought is this was simply an acknowledgement of the first death rumors.

Won't believe it until I see the body. Even then I won't believe it. Commie regimes never ever let power change hands in a transparent manner.

This doesn’t really make any sense? His father and grandfather died and that’s how he came to power. This isn’t some defense of anything, but someone can only be dead for so long before it’s apparent to everyone they’re actually dead.

Compsiox

Banned
Hmm, so maybe the previous rumors were true? Maybe he's been in coma ever since?
Honestly quite possible. The footage of Un they released could have been old. Also, the only other evidence was like satellite imagery of a motorcade at his vacation home which they could have done knowing it could be seen.

Last edited:
Top Bottom