• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kinda Funny Community Thread | The Fire Rises, Brother!

Calderc

Just started a channel a month ago. Only have 1 vid uploaded so far but its just my dog tearing up his toy lol.

He's a dacshund like Portillo except long hair version. Just got him he's about 10 months old now. Love him!

Was thinking about doing something news related, where i talk over cljos of the week and such. And then realised I have no idea how to add clips, that would probably come from YT, to my own vids :/

Edit: Damn he's cute! Dacshunds are bloody adorable.

jviggy43

People pointing out the truth so Colin ran away to follow his other passion I don't have to care about has been pretty much the best thing that happened. Super fun to listen to the content again and with less punch down jokes and general more kindness and positivity.
Glad that people decided to speak up about shitty behavior despite the hordes of witless people labeling it as slander.
Given that those people still struggle with the concept of what real suppression of free speech is.

Pretty much this. The constant need to defend what he himself did is seriously baffling.

ON another note, I'm wondering how pissed Greg was at Nick for always being on his phone. It was distracting for me, for some reason. I also find it really weird he'd be on his phone that much during a live recording. Seems unprofessional to me and normally I could care less but it was weird.

Maximo

They've lost $2000 in the last couple days across both their Patreons. There was that $3k boost on KF a week ago I assume were people trying to get the last Colin appearance early but has fell $500 since.

KF is $6k ahead of Colin. A bunch of people recently commenting on that last youtube say they are leaving now that its been uploaded.

I myself have been watching alot less (stopped morning show completely). If I catch a title that seems interesting I'll watch but so far nothing this week. Maybe next week.

Opposite for me been watching/listening to more now.

Maximo

Haha wow listened to the latest GameOverGreggy and I had NO idea who Sisqo was they talk about him every now and then didn't pay much attention whatever...had no fucking idea how famous he is, biggest facepalm moment of having no idea who he was thought he was a semi famous guy that did music on the internet...

Koopatrol

They've lost $2000 in the last couple days across both their Patreons. There was that $3k boost on KF a week ago I assume were people trying to get the last Colin appearance early but has fell $500 since.

KF is $6k ahead of Colin. A bunch of people recently commenting on that last youtube say they are leaving now that its been uploaded.

I myself have been watching alot less (stopped morning show completely). If I catch a title that seems interesting I'll watch but so far nothing this week. Maybe next week.

Sisqo joined the $3,000 tier for the Kinda Funny Patreon I believe, so yeah.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
People pointing out the truth so Colin ran away to follow his other passion I don't have to care about has been pretty much the best thing that happened. Super fun to listen to the content again and with less punch down jokes and general more kindness and positivity.
Glad that people decided to speak up about shitty behavior despite the hordes of witless people labeling it as slander.
Given that those people still struggle with the concept of what real suppression of free speech is.

His name was slandered. He was accused of making a racist joke by a certain publication. A reporter who don't even know him wrote a piece about his character, full of completely incorrect information, and later had to edit it. Colin could have and probably should have sued for libel. Nasty labels stick with you, and he was falsely labeled by people with petty agendas.

You can dislike Colin all you want, but to passive aggressively say "hordes of witless people labeling it as slander" when I said as such two posts above, at least refer to me directly. It's clear as day you simply don't like the guy, and that's your prerogative, but don't make stuff up that isn't true.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
His name was slandered. He was accused of making a racist joke by a certain publication. A reporter who don't even know him wrote a piece about his character, full of completely incorrect information, and later had to edit it. Colin could have and probably should have sued for libel. Nasty labels stick with you, and he was falsely labeled by people with petty agendas.

You can dislike Colin all you want, but to passive aggressively say "hordes of witless people labeling it as slander" when I said as such two posts above, at least refer to me directly. It's clear as day you simply don't like the guy, and that's your prerogative, but don't make stuff up that isn't true.

Dial it down a bit come back when you're willing to meet in the middle. It's people like you why we can't have reasonable discourse anymore. Always being outraged about people simply reacting to things. Srsly I don't understand. Don't understand the outrage about Colin leaving. Why so upset about the truth? I srsly believe you have to calm down a big and don't take it so hard when people criticize your favorite internet personality. These things don't really matter. Listen to your boy Colin and care about things that actually do.

Cheers!

Also I don't dislike Colin but I don't see the point explaining this I don't think people like you are smart enough to understand the subtle difference between criticizing a public persona/public behavior and hating an actual person. I mean I've just seen how much trouble you guys have understanding things like freedom of speech and character assassination. Add to that, that you took that misreported article srsly and think that's what the whole thing about yeah I just don't think you're ready yet. But I'm always open when you've grown smart enough to actually read that thread about him and understand what actually went down.

Edit: Am I doing this right? I've learned from others displaying their very smart approach to discussion.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Dial it down a bit come back when you're willing to meet in the middle. It's people like you why we can't have reasonable discourse anymore. Always being outraged about people simply reacting to things. Srsly I don't understand. Don't understand the outrage about Colin leaving. Why so upset about the truth? I srsly believe you have to calm down a big and don't take it so hard when people criticize your favorite internet personality. These things don't really matter. Listen to your boy Colin and care about things that actually do.

Cheers!

Also I don't dislike Colin but I don't see the point explaining this I don't think people like you are smart enough to understand the subtle difference between criticizing a public persona/public behavior and hating an actual person. I mean I've just seen how much trouble you guys have understanding things like freedom of speech and character assassination. Add to that, that you took that misreported article srsly and think that's what the whole thing about yeah I just don't think you're ready yet. But I'm always open when you've grown smart enough to actually read that thread about him and understand what actually went down.

Edit: Am I doing this right? I've learned from others displaying their very smart approach to discussion.

I'm not the least bit outraged. However, you took a passive-aggressive indirect shot at me(or my opinion of what happened to Colin) and I reacted to it.

Btw... I find it funny that you accuse me of being outraged, and tried to come off like you don't take this seriously(and that I'm the one who does take it too seriously) yet you basically spent your entire post insulting me. Bravo. I'm not going to go any further, that told me all I needed to know.

Enjoy your day.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not the least bit outraged. However, you took a passive-aggressive indirect shot at me(or my opinion of what happened to Colin) and I reacted to it.

Btw... I find it funny that you accuse me of being outraged, and tried to come off like you don't take this seriously(and that I'm the one who does take it too seriously) yet you basically spent your entire post insulting me. Bravo. I'm not going to go any further, that told me all I needed to know.

Enjoy your day.

Man passive aggressive? Calm down boy. I feel like you're getting too heated here and totally misunderstanding the situation.
I've only been openly mocking you with the very same methods people like you engage in all the discussions, nothing passive about that at all. I'm sorry if that totally went over your head probably should have made it even more obvious. And to be honest I don't know if listing facts counts as insults we should totally debate that.
Also man in the end it's all just a joke so why so serious? Humourless sack of shit much?
If anything it is time to stop the outrage and extend your hand for proper discourse. I'll be waiting in the middle at my safe place.

Oh before I forget I totally don't get it why people are so upset about the whole Colin situation. He said stupid stuff got called out for it no big deal why people overreact so much, throwing slander and character assassination around? Throwing them downvote tantrums, going around harassing people. Like jeez Louis.

ST2K

I've been submerged in P5 for the past few days... I feel like I'm gonna regret missing out on Andy's debut.

But P5 is friggin' game crack, so I won't stop.

It has been nice to see the shows getting back into the swing of things this week. And with the new editor, the let's plays are only going to get better (Beat Cop was amazing). Looking forward to what Kinda Funny will do from now on.

Maximo

It has been nice to see the shows getting back into the swing of things this week. And with the new editor, the let's plays are only going to get better (Beat Cop was amazing). Looking forward to what Kinda Funny will do from now on.

*Blue Lives Matter!* Oh God greg no! Yeah Beat Cop was great.

PepperedHam

Andy really is great. I know he was hired as an editor but he's great on camera and I would love to see him on GOG and Gamescast.

Greg's girlfriend Gen just quit her job at SE Montreal. If I were to guess, we'll find out she's moving to SF to move in with Greg. As for a new job, I have a feeling it's Ubisoft SF (considering they're a French-based company and French is her native language) (also everybody that leaves a video game company for another seems to go to there or Twitch).

ST2K

Greg's girlfriend Gen just quit her job at SE Montreal. If I were to guess, we'll find out she's moving to SF to move in with Greg. As for a new job, I have a feeling it's Ubisoft SF (considering they're a French-based company and French is her native language) (also everybody that leaves a video game company for another seems to go to there or Twitch).

You know it's serious when you quit your job for a dude.

Best of luck to the both of them.

Choomp

Banned

Man, they really love each other. I know Greg is a pretty emotional/passionate guy but this is a pretty new level for him.

Man, they really love each other. I know Greg is a pretty emotional/passionate guy but this is a pretty new level for him.

So, if she is moving to SF, with Colin leaving for LA (assumedly), the apartment would be Greg and Gen's. That's probably better than Greg paying the rent by himself (and living alone). I assume they'd use Colin's old room as a guest room or something.

You know it's serious when you quit your job for a dude.

Best of luck to the both of them.

You know it's serious when Greg, who time and time again has said he doesn't want kids, has on many occasions recently talked about potential children that he and Gen will have. That's how you know it's serious. Imagine a Greg Miller the third (Greg's dad is also Greg).

Maximo

You know it's serious when Greg, who time and time again has said he doesn't want kids, has on many occasions recently talked about potential children that he and Gen will have. That's how you know it's serious. Imagine a Greg Miller the third (Greg's dad is also Greg).

Yeah thats that hit me the most, a dude is serious if he considers kids haha.

Steven Ogg needs to be their new member dammit lol

Haha yeah but thats never going to happen a series regular on the walking dead, likely westworld series 2, and is fairly hot in hollywood at the moment. But he was amazing on the show and him and Greg seem like good friends, hope for a full GOG ep soon at the very least such a cool dude.

Also how the f did I miss the Gen quiting news, if she is moving to SF that's great for them both (and KF content as Greg will be there more and with only 3 hosts is not as easy to keep jetting off to Canada i expect). Really hope I get to meet Gen at KFL3 also hope she gets a cool job in SF too.

ST2K

The broken games topic on this week's Gamescast got me salty.

I have a feeling people are sorely going to miss Colin as a voice against constantly apologizing for pubs/devs, at the very least.

Karu

The broken games topic on this week's Gamescast got me salty.

I have a feeling people are sorely going to miss Colin as a voice against constantly apologizing for pubs/devs, at the very least.
While the Colin that was "present" in the last few month probably won't be missed, what you described certainly will be. Andrea Rene was always a great guest, but in part because she would argue with Colin over mobile games and shit.

In general I skipped quite a few GoG's and Gamescasts the last few weeks. Just isn't the same anymore. Doesn't help that generally speaking the GoG with guests were always the worst, on average.

Top Bottom