• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kinda Funny Community Thread | The Fire Rises, Brother!

Mezoly

I think it will do fine probably less than WB expect it to sell.

I don't think reviewers will hammer it for loot boxes, they haven't done that before why start now? they will say they finished the game without using the boxes and it didn't bother them.

Mezoly

Great gamecast episode! Ryan's talk during the Xbox segment was so good. I like how he explained why it's a bigger deal that Xbox not having games now than when Sony did early this Gen.

Zukkoyaki

Great gamecast episode! Ryan's talk dueing the Xbox segment was so good. I like how he explained why it's a bigger deal that Xbox not having games now than when Sony did early this Gen.
I agree, it was fantastic! Ryan has really grown on me over the years and I would love to see him return sooner than later.

Maximo

Great gamecast episode! Ryan's talk during the Xbox segment was so good. I like how he explained why it's a bigger deal that Xbox not having games now than when Sony did early this Gen.

Was expecting Ryan to handwave the issues but man he went in hard.

GetLucky

Hey--

What's up, everybody?! Feelin' refreshed after finally getting a weekend again, and I'm already ahead on work for the day, so I thought I'd pop over here. My post is for everyone, of course, but it's aimed more at the lapsed Kinda Funny fan.

Today's the day to give us another shot.

I feel like we really turned a corner a few months ago at the first Town Hall/Kinda Funny Live 3, but every so often I see a post pop up about how people are still on a break from the content or that they miss how things used to be. To be clear, I love what we're doing, where we're at, and how we're communicating with you, but I understand that change is tough and everyone deals with it in their own way.

If you ever dug our stuff, I'd ask you to pop over and check out Troy Baker's GameOverGreggy Show, a fascinating Gamescast with Journey's Robin Hunicke/Tim's Sonic Review/Gen's Hellblade Review, and the latest Party Mode. This is the shit we love to make. You can see it in our eyes and hear it in our voices. We're never happier than when we're firing on all cylinders and making shows for you that we love.

So. Just a request from your friendly neighborhood Greggy.
Greg

Greg,

I thought I might share my perspective, as I started following Kinda Funny recently, so I don't have any attachment to the old days with Colin.

I love having a podcast every day with Kinda Funny Games Daily and I also love the Gamescast recently. Specifically, the guests have been great.

Also, as a fellow Nintendo fan, I love hearing Tim's takes on Nintendo games.

So keep up the good work! You're gaining new fans!

sora87

Sucks that Greg was like "we're streaming destiny 2 all week and probably more" and they've only streamed it twice since it came out. It's so fun seeing them just chill and game together, something their twitch channel could do more of.

Vinc

I gotta say, I still don't like KF as much since Colin left, but they've certainly been able to recover in a way I didn't expect. KFGD is great, though I feel bad that Danny is leaving as the show seems like a ton of work and that'll throw a wrench into things. I'll miss him on the show, and wish him the best in Maryland!

For a potential replacement, I feel like Nick could be great from time to time. I know he's not a big gamer, but I usually enjoy his perspective since it's so refreshing compared to more like-minded hardcore gamers. He's also great on camera, and I don't see much of him anymore as someone who doesn't really consume their non-gaming content.

I gotta say, I still don't like KF as much since Colin left, but they've certainly been able to recover in a way I didn't expect. KFGD is great, though I feel bad that Danny is leaving as the show seems like a ton of work and that'll throw a wrench into things. I'll miss him on the show, and wish him the best in Maryland!

For a potential replacement, I feel like Nick could be great from time to time. I know he's not a big gamer, but I usually enjoy his perspective since it's so refreshing compared to more like-minded hardcore gamers. He's also great on camera, and I don't see much of him anymore as someone who doesn't really consume their non-gaming content.

Cross post from another thread:

I do wonder if they have a replacement in mind. Did Vince Ingenito ever find a permanent place of employment after being laid off from IGN or is he still freelance?

Edit- In that other thread, someone pointed out he might live in Wisconsin now.

ST2K

I haven't been watching much KFGD, but whenever I tuned it felt like Danny was always off gallivanting about anyway. Best of luck to Danny on his new adventure. I'll still be following NoClip.

Don't really care who replaces him at this point, as I think KF has gone away from what I liked about it in the first place. I'm sure they'll continue to roll along just fine.

RoKKeR

Andrea's crusade against PubG winning GOTY is so weird. I mean, is it really that far outside of the realm of possibility that a place like Giantbomb would give it GOTY? I certainly don't think so, and I can guarantee loads of other outlets will have that exact same discussion.

Choomp

Banned
Andrea's crusade against PubG winning GOTY is so weird. I mean, is it really that far outside of the realm of possibility that a place like Giantbomb would give it GOTY? I certainly don't think so, and I can guarantee loads of other outlets will have that exact same discussion.

I can almost assure you GB will give PUBG GOTY. Wow that's a lot of abbreviations.

Dingotech

Can somebody tell Greg that the solution to his original PS4 beeping and ejecting discs isn't to play with the manual eject screw. Mucking around that screw does nothing.

This YouTube video has a permanent 'gold scratch' fix that I've found 100% effective on my older PS4. I completed the fix months ago and the system hasn't beeped or eject discs since.

https://youtu.be/X_0m_rDtG7U

When he opens it up he can also clean it out with compressed air and he will probably find that it no longer sounds like a 'jet engine' anymore!

Or he can just buy a Pro like he wants to. :p

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I've not been watching games daily recently, but man I love the morning show so much

Especially Nick & Andy the dynamic duo, love when Gen and Joey take over too

It's negligible on my overall enjoyment really but I do wish they wouldn't make a comment about it every single time. (Either on that or the "dododo dododo dododo") There's always the banter after about how he did it lol. I think it would be funnier if they played it straight sometimes no matter how weird he did it and just went on with the show.

Maximo

Times like this i'm glad they moved away from Colin his latest tweets sure are something else...much love to the Positivity and overall just better content over the year for Kinda Funny. I know Tim is a GAFer hope he's proud of how much he's changed both personality and professionally.

Mezoly

Times like this i'm glad they moved away from Colin his latest tweets sure are something else...much love to the Positivity and overall just better content over the year for Kinda Cubby. I know Tim is a GAFer hope he's proud of how much he's changed both personality and professionally.

Good god I can't second this enough. Things he is saying now are way worse than when he left. I'm happy for KF that they avoided a train wreck. Keep up the Positivity and the good content!

Maximo

What’s he said now? And yeah Tim has improved tenfold on camera

vNs4jZ0.png

Using Logic alot of Alt Righters use to dissmiss racism, https://www.reddit.com/r/ColinsLast...n_racism_white_supremacy_and_asian_americans/
His reponses are...not good.

mdubs

Banned
Is there a list or schedule of their weekly content? I haven't watched them since around the time Colin left (because of life being busy and partly because of the rise in prominence of the KFMS which I never watched live), not because of Colin leaving) and things seem to have changed drastically with new people and such. I'm hoping to figure out what's the best way to wade back in for someone who mostly watched PSILYXOXO, GoGS, and the Gamescast.

ST2K

Is there a list or schedule of their weekly content? I haven't watched them since around the time Colin left (because of life being busy and partly because of the rise in prominence of the KFMS which I never watched live), not because of Colin leaving) and things seem to have changed drastically with new people and such. I'm hoping to figure out what's the best way to wade back in for someone who mostly watched PSILYXOXO, GoGS, and the Gamescast.

I don't think they have an official schedule anywhere, but their website has all their stuff at a centralized location.

I'll try to sketch you one. Assuming you're not pledging to Patreon -

Daily:
Kinda Funny Morning Show (C&GL without video game stuff.)
Kinda Funny Games Daily (PSILY replacement.)
Breakouts of GOG.

Weekly:
KF Gamescast on Monday. (This doesn't get broken out anymore.)
Cooking with Greggy on Monday (A cooking show with Mr. and Mrs. Miller.)
Party Mode on Wednesday (Them playing games with each other and trying to be funny.)
Full GOGcast on Friday

Non-scheduled:
Let's Plays (Previews and hands-on impressions.)
Kinda Funny Reacts (Something big happens and they react to it.)
Other miscellaneous stuff I'm sure I'm forgetting.

mdubs

Banned
I don't think they have an official schedule anywhere, but their website has all their stuff at a centralized location.

I'll try to sketch you one. Assuming you're not pledging to Patreon -

Daily:
Kinda Funny Morning Show (C&GL without video game stuff.)
Kinda Funny Games Daily (PSILY replacement.)
Breakouts of GOG.

Weekly:
KF Gamescast on Monday. (This doesn't get broken out anymore.)
Cooking with Greggy on Monday (A cooking show with Mr. and Mrs. Miller.)
Party Mode on Wednesday (Them playing games with each other and trying to be funny.)
Full GOGcast on Friday

Non-scheduled:
Let's Plays (Previews and hands-on impressions.)
Kinda Funny Reacts (Something big happens and they react to it.)
Other miscellaneous stuff I'm sure I'm forgetting.

Awesome, thanks a bunch!

Times like this i'm glad they moved away from Colin his latest tweets sure are something else...much love to the Positivity and overall just better content over the year for Kinda Funny. I know Tim is a GAFer hope he's proud of how much he's changed both personality and professionally.
I second this

RedAssedApe

Banned
Is Tim just a lurker? lol

He's always referencing things he gets from gaf. I know Greg posts very rarely but it sounds like reddit is more of his thing.

He talks about GAF a lot. I've never heard him mention things from this thread specifically though.

Wait, what if he's secretly one of us? Which one of you is Tim!? But seriously, I wish he'd create an account. It would be fun to talk to him. It's always fun to have the Giant Bomb guys pop up in the Giant Bomb OT (it's usually Dan and Brad and occasionally Vinny).

mrk8885

Banned
Kevin is annoying, the way he brushes off anyone that tells him to use his mic is unprofessional, maybe you like off mic audio but I certainly don't.

Yea, I guess if “professional” is what you’re looking for...kinda funny isn’t (and never has been!) the group for you. Most of us fans love the shenanigans, the “garbage truck on fire,” the random rants and yelling, and the hilarious Kevin moments.

Guess it wasn’t the most professional moment when they stopped talking news one day and colin did a 30 minute whiteboard rant about the mushroom kingdom. And it’s my favorite segment they ever did.

Remind me of when people get bent out of shape because they have a skeleton crew when people are on vacation, and some podcasts go up late. It’s like man , this is just a bunch of (in the most loving way possible) dummies talking videogames. You can survive if they miss a day or two.

ST2K

Yea, I guess if “professional” is what you’re looking for...kinda funny isn’t (and never has been!) the group for you. Most of us fans love the shenanigans, the “garbage truck on fire,” the random rants and yelling, and the hilarious Kevin moments.

Guess it wasn’t the most professional moment when they stopped talking news one day and colin did a 30 minute whiteboard rant about the mushroom kingdom. And it’s my favorite segment they ever did.

Remind me of when people get bent out of shape because they have a skeleton crew when people are on vacation, and some podcasts go up late. It’s like man , this is just a bunch of (in the most loving way possible) dummies talking videogames. You can survive if they miss a day or two.

They may be a bunch of dummies, but they're a bunch of dummies who beg for your money every other minute and have asked people to treat them like a business. If they do that, people are right to point out unprofessional they can be at times.

The garbage truck on fire approach was endearing six months after they launched. It's going on 3 years now, and they have a shitload of employees who are supposed to help with this stuff. It's more annoying than cute at this point.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I can honestly say I couldn't care less if Kevin talks into the mic or not

You can hear him anyway

mrk8885

Banned
They may be a bunch of dummies, but they're a bunch of dummies who beg for your money every other minute and have asked people to treat them like a business. If they do that, people are right to point out unprofessional they can be at times.

The garbage truck on fire approach was endearing six months after they launched. It's going on 3 years now, and they have a shitload of employees who are supposed to help with this stuff. It's more annoying than cute at this point.

I think you’re really in the minority here.

Top Bottom