• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

King of FIghters 14 playable at Taipei Game Show 2016

BadWolf

From Dreamcancel:

Earlier this morning, SNK Playmore published news concerning the next playable demo location for King of Fighters XIV. The next demonstration location will be at the Taipei Game Show in Taiwan on Friday, January 29th, 2016 to Tuesday, February 2nd.

The Taipei Game Show (TpGS) is the only game show in the country of Taiwan and one of the first gaming show cases of the year. Over 130 companies have signed up to present at this event worldwide. TpGS is hosted at the Taipei World Trade Center: Hall 1.

There is no further information regarding new characters/updates to the game at this time. Stay tuned!

Expecting more character reveals.

EDIT: From SRK:

KOF XIV release date might be reveal at Taipei game show 2016.
https://twitter.com/NuraYagami/status/683856285586989059

Fandangox

I wonder if all the characters revealed from the last teaser will be playable there (Ralf, Angel, Kula)

Just reveal the full Mexico team already.

From Dreamcancel:

Expecting more character reveals.

I'm sold on this game already,
Knowing SNK, they love to provide us with options,
I wonder how crazy the options will be now that the game will be in 3D.
I hope they are trying different 3d shadders,
I would love to see a shader that makes the game less glossy and more KOF 94
higher contrast and sharper.

EDIT: Hype to see Terry Bogard ( hopefully with his classic outfit)

BadWolf

OP updated, there is a possibility of the release date being announced at the show.

I'm sold on this game already,

EDIT: Hype to see Terry Bogard ( hopefully with his classic outfit)

Wonder if he will finally start asking if people are okay before Busterwolfing them in the face, it has never been the same without it -_-

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I wonder if all the characters revealed from the last teaser will be playable there (Ralf, Angel, Kula)

Just reveal the full Mexico team already.

Kula was already playable. But Billy Kane and King were not, right alongside Ralf and Angel.

Anyway, that is quite a few days to set up a playable build. Who will be there to provide us with vids and info this time?

Tizoc

Does anyone have the full leaked roster in English to post? Work filter, and all that.

There is no leaked roster far as I know, only this rumored list
China Team: 恶魇青年 (?), 糖葫芦 (Tung Fu Rue), 枕头少年 (?)
Japan Team: 草蕹京 (Kyo Kusanagi), 二阶堂红丸 (Benimaru Nikaido), 大门五郎 (Goro Daimon)
Fatal Fury Team: Terry Bogard, Andy Bogard, 东丈 (Joe Higashi)
Art of Fighting Team: 坂崎良 (Ryo Sakazaki), Robert Garcia, 坂崎百合 (Yuri Sakazaki)
K’ Team: K’, Maxima, Kula Diamond
Kim Team: 金家藩 (Kim Kaphwan), 他师父 (Kim’s Master), 他师母 (Kim’s Wife)
Criminal Team: 犯人陈 (Prisoner Chang Koehan), 犯人蔡 (Prisoner Choi Bounge), 新人囚犯 (Newcomer Prisoner)
Women Fighters Team: 不知火舞 (Mai Shiranui), King, Alice
Ikari Team: Ralf Jones, Clark Still, Leona Heidern
Psycho Soldier Team: Athena Asamiya, 椎拳崇 (Sie Kensou), 摸元斋 (Chin Gentsai)
Yagami Team: 八神庵 (Iori Yagami), Mature, Vice
Mexico Team: Ramon, Angel, Tizoc
Palace Wan Team: 脸谱女 (Acting Mask Girl), 电属性少女歌手 (Teenage Girl Singer with Electric Element), 神秘兜帽男 (Mysterious Hooded Man)
South Town Team: Geese Howard, Billy Kane, 营家新人 (?)
South America Team: 巴西忍者 (Brazilian Ninja), 残障拳击手 (Handicap Boxer), 拉丁美女 (Pretty Latin Girl)
Alternate World Team: 娜可露露 (Nakoruru), Love Heart, 龙娘 (Mui Mui)
Mid-boss: 俄罗斯富豪 (Russian Billionaire)
Final Boss: 人形态非人类物种 (Non-Human Species)

Dueck

Banned
I genuinely hope Vanessa returns. I love the speedy boxer characters, and she is my favourite genre wide. Blue Mary is another fighter I was always partial to, and likely has a greater chance of appearing.

Overall, I think the XIV roster will be the best since XI. They seem to be jazzing things up. I liked XIII's cast enough, but it was a little too safe to be exciting.

I can't wait to see this demo.

Breads

Banned
I know people who've played KOF 14 builds.

Looks not great. Plays legit - so I hear. I'm turning around on it.

I hope that they put the finishing touches on the characters some more in design (especially Andy; Good gracious, he looks horrible!), & that all 10 revealed characters will be playable, if more characters aren't revealed.

I wonder how crazy the options will be now that the game will be in 3D.

It's 2.5D.

Tizoc

Are you really the Amazing Hunky Flying Birdman who "sleeps with two whores"? C8

I will concede to being amazing, but I take great offense at fine senoritas being referred to as 'whores' :V

Also has this started yet? Where mah KoF 14 footage at?

Tizoc

I want to see Kim. Please don't ruin his design SNK.

Bring back his Korean pride!
kim-rbff-stance.gif

Also is it Kap Hwan or Kaphwan?

Bring back his Korean pride!
kim-rbff-stance.gif

Also is it Kap Hwan or Kaphwan?

It's Kaphwan, as far as I know. I went to check the SNK wiki to at least read the Jp pronunciation (as I don't know Korean), but it's apparently nothing now. As in, his first name is not mentioned anymore :(.

Top Bottom